More Clauses/Rules - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More Clauses/Rules

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: More Clauses/Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fedora View Post
    So just chiming in here, Species and Item clause are long overdue, and Time clause, we've discussed and had brought up and suggested so many times and we've never solved the myriad of problems and variables that surround it, nor have we ever seen a majority of people supporting it (to my knowledge, anyway). It is, frankly, not an idea that the people at large want, and it is not an idea that works. Until it can be made to work in a satisfactory way, I oppose it.

In addition, I would like to point out that URPG can be a lot like chess sometimes; a move made hastily and under pressure of time can fuck up an entire battle for a person. Time clause essentially proposes putting that time pressure on every turn. I do not approve.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_chess

Blog Entries

Well I think you kind of answered your own issues Pidge. I think that the penalty for not sending after the designated time should be forfeit of the battle. If both battlers are aware of and agree with the conditions ahead of time, I don't really see this issue with this solution

URPG

Master of Hats and Ponies Lord Fedora's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Fair enough, but some of us don't want to play speed chess, and by having it as a clause, it essentially makes it so that those of us who don't want to play speed chess can't challenge some gyms without doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    I've got 4 Smash Bros. tournaments I've gotta get to this summer, and I'll be damned if the apocalypse is going to stop me.
    Real life hit like a hurricane, hence the inactivity. Still dealing with it, but I'll be on more now.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fedora View Post
    Fair enough, but some of us don't want to play speed chess, and by having it as a clause, it essentially makes it so that those of us who don't want to play speed chess can't challenge some gyms without doing so.
    Well it's their gym...

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Well it's their gym...
    True that.

Don't forget, a gym is slightly handicapped against the trainer, since it has same type mons. Making their rules ensures an even playing field as well as a challenge towards the trainer.

Heck, all the oldies remember my grass gym. Sunny weather along with Chlorophyll+Powders made me a nightmare to most. But since the trainer knew this, he had ample time to prepare. I mean, it's 25% chance that you don't fall asleep, and if you bring out a fire type with flamethrower I'd be OHKO.

So gyms are supposed to be a challenge. You need to earn the badge, not get it handed to you on a silver platter. So if you want to challenge a gym, do it on their terms. Don't want to play fast chess, then don't play. But don't go nagging that you can't get the badge you want that way.

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
    Where an old man of Aran goes around and around

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123