Master/Apprentice Tournament

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JokesterJesse
  • 1 Post By Pidge

Thread: Master/Apprentice Tournament

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Default Master/Apprentice Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by ultra View Post
    How about an apprentice tournament but you use your mentors pokemon seeing as all mentors would have a lot of pokemon, that way your mentor can advise the best strategies to use with the pokemon and give back the mons at the end. First prize is a complex mon +DW + EM

Yeah it's just a suggestion if you were going to have one...
    You people seem to really love this idea. Talk about it here. Or don't. Most of you probably live in free countries. Then again, some of you might not, but thats none of my business...

Default Re: Master/Apprentice Tournament

Yes, do it.
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

I like how we changed mentor to master. YES, THEY ALL MUST CAL US MASTER NOW. No, but seriously, I liek this.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Don't do it. Alaska already ruined it by not letting EVERYONE join, it shouldn't matter if your a newbie or not. Also it wont be fair to the people who were rejected as Apprentices or Masters. Im pretty sure last time the Master and Apprentice allowed EVERYONE to sign up so there for when there was a tournament it would be fair so EVERYONE who was involved/wanted to be involved could participate.
    Morru Magnum likes this.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Sorry, but you can't do a tournament unless you select a date. :P I suggest the end of August, when everyone has been properly 'mentored'. And I still agree that JokesterJesse needs major help. If you don't see that, then I have no choice but to call the program a failure.

Also, I don't think this warranted it's own thread in Trainer's Court either, but whatever.
    Last edited by Pidge; 22nd July 2011 at 12:49 PM.
    JokesterJesse likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JokesterJesse View Post
    Don't do it. Alaska already ruined it by not letting EVERYONE join, it shouldn't matter if your a newbie or not. Also it wont be fair to the people who were rejected as Apprentices or Masters. Im pretty sure last time the Master and Apprentice allowed EVERYONE to sign up so there for when there was a tournament it would be fair so EVERYONE who was involved/wanted to be involved could participate.
    I addressed this in the mentor/apprentice thread and said I'm uncomfortable doing something where people will be left out. We can figure out rules that'll work or let you guys be involved somehow.

Sorry, but you can't do a tournament unless you select a date. :P I suggest the end of August, when everyone has been properly 'mentored'. And I still agree that JokesterJesse needs major help.
    If Jesse needs that much help, I've volunteered to help him, and for a long time I did correct his stories and stuff. If he needs help with something, I'll be glad to assist, and I'm sure SLC and his other friends would be as well. Idc when we do it, but the end of August seems fine.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Blog Entries

I say we do it sometime after we expand (if we do). That way, we'll have enough Apprentices for everyone.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    I say we do it sometime after we expand (if we do). That way, we'll have enough Apprentices for everyone.
    If you're willing to wait a fairly long time, them that could happen.

I think this is a great idea, whoever came up with it is a real top dawg NICE JOB!

I dont like the idea of using your mentors pokemon in tournament, due to reasons of some mentors being like Bee and others not so much like that. How about each round (assuming single bracket style) they use the same mons. So in round one, the rules are 3v3, so the apprentices get to pick which mons from 6 pre selected ones. eg. Mons are Garchomp, Starmie, Infernape, Jolteon, Crobat, Alakazam, so you pick 3 and have a 3v3 battle, and in round 2 the mons change, so it would be like Dragonite, Whimsicott, Scizor, Swampert, Gengar, Blaziken etc...
    URPG Stats

Airik 7:42 pm
    i just hope that when puberty hits he grows out of pokemon

I think a Mentor/Apprentice tag battle would be really awesome. Battles would only allow each to chose 3 pokemon each per battle, and tag out if they wanted? think it would really help people become more active, and entice people to join the program. What would the prizes be, though?