Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Make Gems/Herbs Permanent?

Default Re: Make Gems/Herbs Permanent?

I am 100% neutral on this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterVines View Post
    I'm okay with this. And yeah, berries are already two different types. Contest ones are marked and more expensive.

I think berries are consumed completely in game, but I'm not sure. I don't think Focus Sash is. Gems are used completely.

What would happen to those that already have stocked gems/berries/herbs then? Would they be able to keep them as permas, or would those ones be consumable and they have to buy more at the new price?
    They can keep a few for their own use an then trade the rest perhaps. Or Gift them during Gift Stations. Kinda the same thing that happened w/ the Voice Discs when we made them permanent, just applied to another set of items.

I agree with making the herbs and gems permanent, it does save on cost and makes more sense with how the rest of URPG runs. As for the berries, every battle berry only costs 500, a small price. Also, people rarely use the berries in battle, usually its a Lum anyway. Sp making them permanent doesn't really change that much, there already is little traffic through there anyway.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    I agree with making the herbs and gems permanent, it does save on cost and makes more sense with how the rest of URPG runs. As for the berries, every battle berry only costs 500, a small price. Also, people rarely use the berries in battle, usually its a Lum anyway. Sp making them permanent doesn't really change that much, there already is little traffic through there anyway.
    I got 15 Lum berries from an event 2 years ago and have used them in battle as helds regularly. I still have 10 left. So, in addition to them being cheap and rarely used, they are consumed at a much lower rate than Gems, which are invoked by the user upon using a move of said type, and herbs, which are also invoked by the user (and occasionally the opponent as well for the White Herb).

I'm also going to reiterate my distaste for the idea of separating and marking berries based on the section they're going to be used in.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    I got 15 Lum berries from an event 2 years ago and have used them in battle as helds regularly. I still have 10 left. So, in addition to them being cheap and rarely used, they are consumed at a much lower rate than Gems, which are invoked by the user upon using a move of said type, and herbs, which are also invoked by the user (and occasionally the opponent as well for the White Herb).

I'm also going to reiterate my distaste for the idea of separating and marking berries based on the section they're going to be used in.
    And I'm going to reiterate that the berries are already separated and marked based on the section they're going to be used in.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post

I'll have to stand by WTP when it comes to this argument. Although berries are separated already, I've always found this incredibly confusing and useless to have all berries worth $500 if they were used for fighting and more for contest use, this is a massive mess of confusion that I've always found foul and strange.\

The berry prices for battling should be fixed or reverted to normal prices, because an Oran berry and Salac berry are obviously not of same value when it comes to battling. We could lower the prices of berries altogether and undo the separation once more.

Blog Entries

Focus sash is used completely in the games
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Even on Wi-Fi battling was my question - is it the same on Wi-Fi/Link Battle as it is in an in-game Trainer Battle?
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

On Link battles of any type, as well as Battle Frontier/Battle Subway, ALL items return after the battle.

I'm all for all items being this way in URPG, but of course it only seems logical to increase the price as well. As for people who currently have some, perhaps make everyone return theirs for the old price then be able to buy new ones for the new price?
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Blog Entries

Okay nobody's posted here in a while, but for the most part the general consensus has been more or less similar to what I outlined in the first post. @We Taste Pies..., what else do we have to do before this gets done

EDIT: okay i tried mentioning this faggot but its not either we the pichus or we taste pies (without the ...)

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Okay nobody's posted here in a while, but for the most part the general consensus has been more or less similar to what I outlined in the first post. @We Taste Pies..., what else do we have to do before this gets done

EDIT: okay i tried mentioning this faggot but its not either we the pichus or we taste pies (without the ...)
    Harry needs to pass some kind of judgement I suppose.

@HKim
    Last edited by Dinobot; 22nd April 2012 at 03:51 AM.

Seems like we're all in agreement, more or less.

I think it's fine making the gems and herbs permanent. I suppose I'll leave the price hike in WTP's capable hands.

Members who already own the items can keep them. Additionally, to prevent abuse, I'm putting a hold on all gem and herb purchases until the prices have been fixed.

Berries seem to be a different matter entirely. And I think that Battles and Contests need to coordinate in order to figure out a better method of distribution/usage. At the very least, make the prices for both equal so it's not so confusing.
    Last edited by HKim; 22nd April 2012 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    Seems like we're all in agreement, more or less.

I think it's fine making the gems and herbs permanent. I suppose I'll leave the price hike in WTP's capable hands.

Members who already own the items can keep them. Additionally, to prevent abuse, I'm putting a hold on all gem and herb purchases until the prices have been fixed.

Berries seem to be a different matter entirely. And I think that Battles and Contests needs to coordinate in order to figure out a better method of distribution/usage. At the very least, make the prices for both equal so it's not so confusing.
    Prices have been fixed. I bumped all Gems up to 2.5k, Mental Herb to 2k, Power Herb to 2.5k, and White Herb to 3k.

Blog Entries

Okay, I want to bring perma Berries back up. I was told basically now that they're already seperated between battle usage/contest usage, so why not make them perm like Gems/etc? :o

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Okay, I want to bring perma Berries back up. I was told basically now that they're already seperated between battle usage/contest usage, so why not make them perm like Gems/etc? :o
    I agree (still) with this, obviously would come with another price increase to appropriate prices. As I said earlier, in game they are after Battle Frontier/Subway and link battles.
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast