Make Gems/Herbs Permanent?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Make Gems/Herbs Permanent?

Blog Entries

Default Make Gems/Herbs Permanent?

I already talked about this with WTP and he said he was on board, so I'm going to bring this up for everyone to discuss.

Basically, we talked about making items like Gems and Herbs (one-use items) permanent. Not permanent as in they remain and keep their effect for a whole battle, but permanent in that they are reusable from battle to battle such as items like Focus Sash or Air Balloon.

Obviously, there would have to be a price hike, but one would figure that buying one reusable Ice Gem for something like $2500 is cheaper and simpler than buying dozens of them for $500 in the long term.

Because of how the Contest section works, it's out of the question for Berries to be made permanent as well. It's possible to split it up between Contest-only Berries and permanent Berries for battle use, but WTP and I both think that's only making things unnecessarily confusing.

So, thoughts?

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Make Gems/Herbs Permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    I already talked about this with WTP and he said he was on board, so I'm going to bring this up for everyone to discuss.

Basically, we talked about making items like Gems and Herbs (one-use items) permanent. Not permanent as in they remain and keep their effect for a whole battle, but permanent in that they are reusable from battle to battle such as items like Focus Sash or Air Balloon.

Obviously, there would have to be a price hike, but one would figure that buying one reusable Ice Gem for something like $2500 is cheaper and simpler than buying dozens of them for $500 in the long term.

Because of how the Contest section works, it's out of the question for Berries to be made permanent as well. It's possible to split it up between Contest-only Berries and permanent Berries for battle use, but WTP and I both think that's only making things unnecessarily confusing.

So, thoughts?
    Hmmm I suppose it makes sense since items like Focus Sash are consumed in the games but reusable in the URPG. I like this
    URPG Member, Approver, Senior Referee, Grader, Ranger and Judge

Logs
    Referee, Grader, Judge, Ranger
    AIM: WebDragoon1337

I like this idea too. Keeps it so everyone who's broke can afford gems and stuff :D
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

I like it too, but it seems kind of weird to make gems and herbs perma when berries can't be. I'm not against it, just seems a bit confusing and silly to me. Does anyone really buy berries for contest stats and not use them straight away anyway?
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

But that's really going to make things unfair. For instance, let's say White Herbs are permanently reusable. Everytime you use powerful-stat-reducing moves like Over Heat or Close Combat, it's going to restore your stats, and therefore, allow spam wins. It's going to be a total HAX. Imagine what it would be like if your opponent had high Sp.Atk and kept using Over Heat on your pokemon again and again

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    But that's really going to make things unfair. For instance, let's say White Herbs are permanently reusable. Everytime you use powerful-stat-reducing moves like Over Heat or Close Combat, it's going to restore your stats, and therefore, allow spam wins. It's going to be a total HAX. Imagine what it would be like if your opponent had high Sp.Atk and kept using Over Heat on your pokemon again and again
    They mean we don't have to purchase another one after a battle is completed, not its constantly reusable during the battle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    I like it too, but it seems kind of weird to make gems and herbs perma when berries can't be. I'm not against it, just seems a bit confusing and silly to me. Does anyone really buy berries for contest stats and not use them straight away anyway?
    Still, it's not like we can just make berries permanent without that hurting how the Contest section works. Unless you want to do what I mentioned in splitting them up into "Contest Berries" and "battle Berries"...

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I understand your point here but I think he's referring to the complications of getting berries approved by another URPG section. We could ask about that later though cause I'd like to see it too
    URPG Member, Approver, Senior Referee, Grader, Ranger and Judge

Logs
    Referee, Grader, Judge, Ranger
    AIM: WebDragoon1337

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Still, it's not like we can just make berries permanent without that hurting how the Contest section works. Unless you want to do what I mentioned in splitting them up into "Contest Berries" and "battle Berries"...
    They already are - there are different prices between the two, so it's hardly going to make anything confusing :s

It's also like Chainy said: People mix Contest berries there and then, so they won't have in their stats "Lum Berry [Battle] | Lum Berry [Contest]"

Just a question - over Wi-Fi, are items such as Berries, Focus Sash, White Herb, etc... consumed completely, and so you have to have a constant supply of them?
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Blog Entries

Make Gems and Herbs permanent, it only makes sense when other consumable items are reusable.

Make Battle Berries reusable as well. As others have said there's no way to confuse them with Contest Berries, as people usually blend them at the same time they buy them. Not only that, but don't people usually put their Contest Berries in their Contest stats and not in their normal URPG stats anyways? If not we could make it a rule.

追放されたバカ

So reusable but can only be used once in a battle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickKaiser View Post
    So reusable but can only be used once in a battle.
    Yeah. Otherwise it would make things like White Herb too OP if it were reusable multiple times per battle.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Yes.

Here was me thinking it was common terminology 'reusable' meant battle-by-battle and 'reconsumable' meant more-than-once-a-battle. Maybe I just make stuff up too easily :o
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

LS-

Wait, they weren't like that to begin with? :x

Good thing I never use them.

I'm okay with this. And yeah, berries are already two different types. Contest ones are marked and more expensive.

I think berries are consumed completely in game, but I'm not sure. I don't think Focus Sash is. Gems are used completely.

What would happen to those that already have stocked gems/berries/herbs then? Would they be able to keep them as permas, or would those ones be consumable and they have to buy more at the new price?
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast