Keeping the Keldeo Tournament double pay scheme? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keeping the Keldeo Tournament double pay scheme?

Bitch be trippin' balls! PokeViper's Avatar

Default Re: Keeping the Keldeo Tournament double pay scheme?

Again I applaud Monbrey for a job well done :)

Thanks EternusSitus
    click for my URPG

While I'm obviously oblivious what the event entailed precisely, *where's my cane?*, I did manage to get the gist of it.

1. Double earnings permanently... kinda defeats the usage of the term double. You cannot double what is going to be the new baseline. So the next event to double earnings actually quadruples it. Makes sense; no.
    2. This ties in with 1; since you earn 2k instead of 1k. This means people will slap on TM Protect on everything they can at a faster pace. Which will force the staff to increase the price of said TM. Bad idea; yes.
    3. Is activity to be used as an excuse to change stuff? Maybe, but it also sets a standard to increase wages every slump we get. And trust me, we'll be getting a lot more slumps. So, what's more important? Getting more people, keeping those you got, or accepting the reduced activity and waiting out the temporary storm. The efficacy is obviously higher in the latter.
    4. Someone said it before... we need refs, graders, rangers, so obviously there's where the money is. That and they put in more work than just battling. We pay you for your effort, not so you can get a brand-spanking awesome TM.

So, what to do? If I were in charge: I'd accept the slumps; keep the wages set as is; try and regularly have fun events, and most important of all...
    Why so serious? It's a game, have fun, and make sure the officials are willing to accommodate your shenanigans every once in a while without going overboard.
    This'll keep things fresh, interesting, and people still enjoying themselves. It worked in my day, so why wouldn't it now?

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
    Where an old man of Aran goes around and around

Quote Originally Posted by DU.ke View Post
    While I'm obviously oblivious what the event entailed precisely, *where's my cane?*, I did manage to get the gist of it.

1. Double earnings permanently... kinda defeats the usage of the term double. You cannot double what is going to be the new baseline. So the next event to double earnings actually quadruples it. Makes sense; no.
    2. This ties in with 1; since you earn 2k instead of 1k. This means people will slap on TM Protect on everything they can at a faster pace. Which will force the staff to increase the price of said TM. Bad idea; yes.
    3. Is activity to be used as an excuse to change stuff? Maybe, but it also sets a standard to increase wages every slump we get. And trust me, we'll be getting a lot more slumps. So, what's more important? Getting more people, keeping those you got, or accepting the reduced activity and waiting out the temporary storm. The efficacy is obviously higher in the latter.
    4. Someone said it before... we need refs, graders, rangers, so obviously there's where the money is. That and they put in more work than just battling. We pay you for your effort, not so you can get a brand-spanking awesome TM.

So, what to do? If I were in charge: I'd accept the slumps; keep the wages set as is; try and regularly have fun events, and most important of all...
    Why so serious? It's a game, have fun, and make sure the officials are willing to accommodate your shenanigans every once in a while without going overboard.
    This'll keep things fresh, interesting, and people still enjoying themselves. It worked in my day, so why wouldn't it now?
    Everyone:

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeViper View Post
    How about a tournament where everyone has to use a Forretress and who ever battles best with it wins the tourny? XD
    Neonsands wins that one.
    <333333333

I'm going to be working on lots of tournaments with increased payment incentives and prizes, but it's never going to be implemented as a permanent baseline.

Keep an eye out for the events though ;)

Thread closed.
    Last edited by Monbrey; 19th August 2012 at 08:58 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123