Forum Bazaar

Thread: Forum Bazaar

Well, I can tell you somewhere that I'm not

Default Forum Bazaar

I have an idea!

It will be part of the marketplace. Each person must begin their thread with "Bazaar:" and then what they would like their thread to be named. For example:
    "Bazaar: Tyranitar's Market"
    Each thread will be composed of items the trainer would like to sell at 500 less than the pokemart price (for obvious reasons). The trainer obviously must own these items. Other trainers will post what they would like to purchase (first post, first serve) and a moderator will approve it.

This will not effect the regular pokemart because the amount of items that each market has is limited to the items that the trainer posts. Also, to prevent withdrawal disputes, once an item is posted on the trainer's thread, it cannot be removed unless it is bought.

What do you think?

Default Re: Forum Bazaar

I don't know one way or another, and I'd rather it be a single thread, but I'd call it a...

Forum Forum

lol
    and yeah i guess
    the organization is iffy but i think the older members would like it the most. to clear out the stuff that they dont want, and make a little cash

maybe you could call it forum garage sale

Blog Entries

i'm in favour..cheap stuff and an opportunity to offload stuff, maybe we could sell mons as well?
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

I was thinking that but it would mean that the mods would have to set a price for each pokemon and it would also bring controversy over people buying martmons and then selling thm avter evolving them.

if it was only mart mon in their original basic form then i think it would be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    I don't know one way or another, and I'd rather it be a single thread.
    Yah, it would be sorta pointless for everyone to make their own thread in order to sell an item. People could post in the thread and then put a link to the post in their stats if they wanted to. Also, perhaps item trades could occur in this bizarre bazaar thread also? Anyways, x2 from me. :D

Blog Entries

Aren't all the things in a bazaar or garage sale all second hand items, that means they are either lousy or knock offs

I don't see how any item that someone could sell in the bazaar could be considered second hand as they will have no downside. it will render the mart useless, if you can get the same item but at a lower price.

For example if i buy a car in the dealers it will be perfect, but if i buy it second hand it may have problems. But if i buy a pokemon from the mart it will be fine and if i was to buy one from the bazaar it will be fine,as well it won't have some mental defficiency or something.

However if an idea of players selling their pokemon to players, you could sell a fully evo'd form of the mart mon at a higher price not a reduced one
    Last edited by Fawkes.; 27th March 2011 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes. View Post
    Aren't all the things in a bazaar or garage sale all second hand items, that means they are either lousy or knock offs

I don't see how any item that someone could sell in the bazaar could be considered second hand as they will have no downside. it will render the mart useless, if you can get the same item but at a lower price.

For example if i buy a car in the dealers it will be perfect, but if i buy it second hand it may have problems. But if i buy a pokemon from the mart it will be fine and if i was to buy one from the bazaar it will be fine,as well it won't have some mental defficiency or something.

However if an idea of players selling their pokemon to players, you could sell a fully evo'd form of the mart mon at a higher price not a reduced one
    Then call it the Black Market.

Also, I'm not sure if the ability to sell pokemon would contribute positively to URPG's economy. :x

you guys misunderstand the economic principles
    the URPG has no real economy. supply always exceeds demand, because we have a dictatorship (:
    but seriously, it would not undermine the pokemart because no one has the motivation to buy items and then sell them for less. even if someone with a lot of money did do that, they would sell until they ran out, and then theyd have to start over again, so it would be shortlived not to mention fruitless for the seller

this is designed to make it easy on the mods and officials, so it would be you guys asking them to compile a list of selling prices for evolved mart or park/story mons, not me.
    not saying that its a bad idea, i just dont want to put more pressure on the mods and officials more than is already there.

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

The only issue is that this has been suggested countless times and denied. It needs to have some kinda of spin on it thats different than before...

Or we can wait for the event where you can sell your items away to get some refunds back!
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //
    / Pokémon X FC: 2148-9374-7797 /

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RUSTYREFBOT View Post
    Or we can wait for the event where you can sell your items away to get some refunds back!
    HURRAH!

Yeah, there should a Pokemon Liquidator service someday where we could get cash refunds for melting Pokemon and their Learned Move values into cold hard cash.

A money hole would kill off deflation... (if that even exists in URPG )

No, it's not possible to have deflation in a bottomless economy unless it's manipulated. But I don't wanna talk about it...

Blog Entries

Well, the value of specific Pokemon have been dropping rapidly due to the smaller demand for them because people have easy access to obtain them [blah blah blah finance].