Contest Thoughts - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 75
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Contest Thoughts

  1. #31
    a Pidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    babby's first
    Posts
    3,922
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    Well if contest activity is low I think there should be a 'contest starter'. You get a second 'starter' Pokemon for signing up for contests somehow, and it comes with decent contest stats you can upgrade like normal. You can use it just like any other Pokemon of course still.
    LS- likes this.

  2. #32
    I eat Frogs AmericanTreeFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,403

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Well if contest activity is low I think there should be a 'contest starter'. You get a second 'starter' Pokemon for signing up for contests somehow, and it comes with decent contest stats you can upgrade like normal. You can use it just like any other Pokemon of course still.
    Thanks for the pointless paragraph. We all know you aren't too fond of the contest section. The idea behind this thread is to talk about the points I've put forward, anything else doesn't belong here.

    Please keep it relevant.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis



  3. #33
    a Pidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    babby's first
    Posts
    3,922
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Well if contest activity is low I think there should be a 'contest starter'. You get a second 'starter' Pokemon for signing up for contests somehow, and it comes with decent contest stats you can upgrade like normal. You can use it just like any other Pokemon of course still.
    Thanks for the pointless paragraph. We all know you aren't too fond of the contest section. The idea behind this thread is to talk about the points I've put forward, anything else doesn't belong here.

    Please keep it relevant.
    I... I... I was just trying to show my change of heart and help since WTP mentioned about it not being active enough. And I love contests. Must I remind you I'm the Grand Festival Cup '10 Runner-Up, the Grand Festival Cup '11 Winner, and you always corresponded with me regarding contests. okay man...i'm just going to sulk in the corner if you're going to be like that...
    Last edited by Pidge; 19th March 2012 at 03:40 PM.

  4. #34
    LS-
    LS- is offline
    Love Sosa LS-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    394

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Well if contest activity is low I think there should be a 'contest starter'. You get a second 'starter' Pokemon for signing up for contests somehow, and it comes with decent contest stats you can upgrade like normal. You can use it just like any other Pokemon of course still.
    Thanks for the pointless paragraph. We all know you aren't too fond of the contest section. The idea behind this thread is to talk about the points I've put forward, anything else doesn't belong here.

    Please keep it relevant.
    That was really uncalled for. This thread is called "Contest Thoughts", not ATFs thoughts about contests and anything else isnt relevant thread
    Buoy likes this.

  5. #35
    I eat Frogs AmericanTreeFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,403

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    I consider it irrelevant because there is no way another starter will be given out for one section. I don't support and I doubt anyone else will. I took it as being sarcastic, if it's not, I apologize.

    As for the part about contests, Pidge, you've said that the contest section shouldn't be a part of the URPG. I think I have the quote saved somewhere.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis



  6. #36
    a Pidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    babby's first
    Posts
    3,922
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    I consider it irrelevant because there is no way another starter will be given out for one section. I don't support and I doubt anyone else will. I took it as being sarcastic, if it's not, I apologize.

    As for the part about contests, Pidge, you've said that the contest section shouldn't be a part of the URPG. I think I have the quote saved somewhere.
    I wasn't being sarcastic and am I not allowed to change my mind on things...? If you didn't like the idea that's all you had to say.

  7. #37
    I eat Frogs AmericanTreeFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,403

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    I consider it irrelevant because there is no way another starter will be given out for one section. I don't support and I doubt anyone else will. I took it as being sarcastic, if it's not, I apologize.

    As for the part about contests, Pidge, you've said that the contest section shouldn't be a part of the URPG. I think I have the quote saved somewhere.
    I wasn't being sarcastic and am I not allowed to change my mind on things...? If you didn't like the idea that's all you had to say, not be rude about out.
    Well, I didn't know you had changed your mind, it wasn't that long ago, I have to go on information I know. As for being rude, I didn't think I was, just trying to keep things on track. If it's really a suggestion then people can go ahead and talk about it. Again, I thought you were being sarcastic and that kind of stuff doesn't solve anything.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis



  8. #38
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    Yay! Discussion! Now if only more people would join in...

    Anyway, I'm going to summarize the stuff so far:

    1) Making the changes to the Division League in terms of payout and earning ribbons is fine and has the go ahead.

    2) People like the idea of a Contest Champion, but disagree as to whether it's too easy to earn and acquire. The main factor behind this is activity and concern that the league hasn't had enough time to develop. So I see two paths here: |1| Wait to add a Contest Champion until we add more divisions/elite four? and this will be based off activity. |2| Just add the Champion as is with nothing else required for the time being. |3| Just don't add a Champion period because it will never equal the battle section.

    3) People seem to be in agreement on this as a special event for a month or two.
    This is satisfactory to me.

    Also, MK. Its pretty hard to believe that you weren't taking a baseless jab at the staff if you say its more than just the staff that are demeaning the contest section, but expressly mention the staff. When you said, "more of the staff", it seems to be excluding all staff members but ATF, the only staff member you mentioned beforehand. In addition, I don't really see how getting the rest of the staff involved will make any more difference than it would to get normal members involved. Its just more people in the system. We still have a hand in how it is run. Nobody is putting it down. Don't worry too much about how we do things UNTIL we mess up, not before. If there was an inter-staff issue, ATF would be right behind you on this one.
    I'm saying staff, because the newbies look up to you more than anyone else. They're more likely to follow the senior member's guidance than normal members. THAT's why I mentioned the staff. It wasn't "Staff suck, they need to do more contests because I said so", it was because you have seniority, and so you get looked up to.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  9. #39
    Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,526

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy View Post
    I'm saying staff, because the newbies look up to you more than anyone else. They're more likely to follow the senior member's guidance than normal members. THAT's why I mentioned the staff. It wasn't "Staff suck, they need to do more contests because I said so", it was because you have seniority, and so you get looked up to.
    Not valid, barely any Staff go into the Park, aside from the Park-centric ones. If you want Contests to be more of a driving force in the URPG, then ask for more Contest-centric Officials.

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    I consider it irrelevant because there is no way another starter will be given out for one section. I don't support and I doubt anyone else will. I took it as being sarcastic, if it's not, I apologize.

    As for the part about contests, Pidge, you've said that the contest section shouldn't be a part of the URPG. I think I have the quote saved somewhere.
    Actually, personally, I would consider a second Pokemon being given out. Obviously you'd need some kind of way to keep people from just taking it and running (say, you can't use the Pokemon outside of Contests until you have all the Division Ribbons) but one of the biggest problems for newbies is getting a decent team up and running. Assuming Pidge isn't being a troll, I'd very seriously consider backing him up.
    Pidge likes this.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

    "ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

  10. #40
    LS-
    LS- is offline
    Love Sosa LS-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    394

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    Yay! Discussion! Now if only more people would join in...

    Anyway, I'm going to summarize the stuff so far:

    1) Making the changes to the Division League in terms of payout and earning ribbons is fine and has the go ahead.

    2) People like the idea of a Contest Champion, but disagree as to whether it's too easy to earn and acquire. The main factor behind this is activity and concern that the league hasn't had enough time to develop. So I see two paths here: |1| Wait to add a Contest Champion until we add more divisions/elite four? and this will be based off activity. |2| Just add the Champion as is with nothing else required for the time being. |3| Just don't add a Champion period because it will never equal the battle section.

    3) People seem to be in agreement on this as a special event for a month or two.
    This is satisfactory to me.

    Also, MK. Its pretty hard to believe that you weren't taking a baseless jab at the staff if you say its more than just the staff that are demeaning the contest section, but expressly mention the staff. When you said, "more of the staff", it seems to be excluding all staff members but ATF, the only staff member you mentioned beforehand. In addition, I don't really see how getting the rest of the staff involved will make any more difference than it would to get normal members involved. Its just more people in the system. We still have a hand in how it is run. Nobody is putting it down. Don't worry too much about how we do things UNTIL we mess up, not before. If there was an inter-staff issue, ATF would be right behind you on this one.
    I'm saying staff, because the newbies look up to you more than anyone else. They're more likely to follow the senior member's guidance than normal members. THAT's why I mentioned the staff. It wasn't "Staff suck, they need to do more contests because I said so", it was because you have seniority, and so you get looked up to.


    >been here for 6 years
    >gets treated like shit
    >member been here for 1 year
    >mod
    >mfw
    Last edited by LS-; 19th March 2012 at 05:34 PM.

  11. #41
    Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,526

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
    >been here for 6 years
    >gets treated like shit
    >member been here for 1 year
    >mod
    >mfw
    Implying age is the only thing taken into consideration when Staff are selected. Or rather, implying that it should be.

    Enough out of context chatter. This is a serious thread for the discussion of how Contests can be improved and made more popular, especially with regard to ATF's earlier proposals. Further out of context posts will be deleted. If you have a serious issue with the way Staff are decided, take it to another thead.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

    "ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

  12. #42
    LS-
    LS- is offline
    Love Sosa LS-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    394

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
    >been here for 6 years
    >gets treated like shit
    >member been here for 1 year
    >mod
    >mfw
    Implying age is the only thing taken into consideration when Staff are selected. Or rather, implying that it should be.

    Enough out of context chatter. This is a serious thread for the discussion of how Contests can be improved and made more popular, especially with regard to ATF's earlier proposals. Further out of context posts will be deleted. If you have a serious issue with the way Staff are decided, take it to another thead.
    Implying you wont lock that thread too.


    I like all your ideas ATF. But when do you think this will happen?

  13. #43
    I eat Frogs AmericanTreeFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,403

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
    >been here for 6 years
    >gets treated like shit
    >member been here for 1 year
    >mod
    >mfw
    Implying age is the only thing taken into consideration when Staff are selected. Or rather, implying that it should be.

    Enough out of context chatter. This is a serious thread for the discussion of how Contests can be improved and made more popular, especially with regard to ATF's earlier proposals. Further out of context posts will be deleted. If you have a serious issue with the way Staff are decided, take it to another thead.
    Implying you wont lock that thread too.


    I like all your ideas ATF. But when do you think this will happen?
    Well, since Pidge seems to be serious about the starter idea and it has some interest from other members then I want people to talk some more about it here. If ideas eventually trickle to a stop then I will consider the talk essential over. The Division prizes and ribbons thing will be changed immediate. As for the champion idea, I listed three possible options so once people decided which they like best I'll let the staff get their voices in on it before deciding. The token system I will be planning to put into action in the next month or two, it depends on a couple of factors out of my control.

    Okay, what do you guys think of the starter idea posted by Pidge?



    Bleh included a lot of mentions because Pidge's idea is a serious step.
    Last edited by AmericanTreeFrog; 19th March 2012 at 07:50 PM.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis



  14. #44
    pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    pikachu in a highchair
    Posts
    3,342

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    It doesn't sound bad, but it sounds a little... excessive? We can't just give away free pokemon, right?

  15. #45
    Somewhat Psychic Siless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,250

    Default Re: Contest Thoughts

    For a starter-like idea, if we want to go that route, I would consider having a set of contest stats one can choose from to claim once to set on any Pokémon available to the user. If a full-on extra Pokémon is considered for a contest incentive, I would limit it to whatever is in the Berry Store, maybe even only the first few tiers of Pokémon, because having the Pokémon be a choice like a standard starter seems a bit excessive. I would say even keep it from being traded, similar to a normal starter.
    Akinai likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •