Alrighty, due to the recent issues with some complaining about matters that should allow member input I’ve decided to bring things in the Contest section that I’ve been working on to here, the trainer’s court. Before I delve into the issues keep in mind a few things. One, this is for discussion of the idea put forth, any flaming, baiting, and trolling will cause your posts to be deleted. I want this to be productive, not a bogged process. Second, any decision is ultimately up to myself and the staff, so when this is over don’t be complaining afterward. You’ll have the time to say your piece, say it and move on. Thirdly, if everyone starts to ignore the second rule this thread will be shut down.
To start let’s recap on what has been done during the past few months (in case some of you don’t know).
1) The biggest addition was that of the B/W style of doing contests. To sum it up, this style takes root in the anime version of contests with the coordinators battling for hearts, and by extension, points.
2) The addition of Pokemon in the Berry Store. The Pokemon range from 20 - 80k. It’s a steep price to be sure, but you can only buy them with CC and they’re pretty much the best things you can buy. The higher ranks have requirements, but can easily be done with effort.
3) The new Division League. This isn’t supposed to be a copy of the Gym system, it’s an addition that the top coordinators can point to and say they have those ribbons. They are there as pride markers and something for the coordinators to work towards.
Some house keeping issues.
1) Legends count as a tier 1 in B/ W Contest.
2) Starting CC for coordinators are for exactly that. If you’ve only done a contest or two than you are still eligible for them. But if you’re a judge and/or have been involved in contests for a good period of time you cannot get them. This does not apply to those who restart, if you restart than you can be eligible to get so you can at least add some stats or do whatever.
3) Division battles will now award a ribbon(s) based off the B/W method. Since the division were just released this will be retro applied. If you disagree with this point you can post that here with a reason why they shouldn’t be allowed.
Now, we can move onto the good stuff of ideas.
The first order of business is the idea of increasing the payout for Division battles. Why they are no means poor in terms of monetary gain, there is a valid point that the payout is equal to a normal ranked contest. It in fact pays 500cc less than a normal. Therefore I will propose that the payout will increase to:
While the increase is substantial, I believe it’s a move that is warranted merit. The total payout for the winner is 4,500, which places it right above the amount for a Super Contest but below a Hyper Contest. It is right in the middle and fair in my mind. Discuss here.
The second place of business is a possible expansion of the Division League. While I enjoy the idea of the league and how it works, I would like to see a champion addition to it. What the section lacks is a way to determine the best coordinator. Tournaments only showcase a moment in time and rely on luck of the draw to a certain extent. If this was to be allowed then the champion would be determined by the said person obtaining all the Division Ribbons. Once that requirement was filled then the person would be crowned champion. In order to challenge the champion one would have to beat the Division Leaders to get a chance. If the challenger failed to beat the champion then they would have to wait one month to challenge again. If the champion were to have lost then that person must wait two months if they are to regain the title. If you’re wondering about the time limit it’s because they is an absence of an elite rank, and it would be unfair to subject the Leaders to face said person all over again.
The Pokemon is prize because of reaching that rank, it would be unfair to award them anything else. But by that same line of thought without an elite rank it is easier to attempt to get there so you don’t deserve Complex and higher as it requires less effort.
The final additional is a special event lasting two - three months. This is not like a tournament, but is more likely the game board with some key differences. But before we delve into the details aspect of this event, you must first know what it is.
For lack of a better name it will simply be called the ‘Token System’. It involves a very basic idea of earning tokens through contesting. You would earn tokens for every Contest that one participates in, even Division battles and tournaments. Over the course of the event you will earn the token and at the end you will be allowed to trade them in for prizes, which vary greatly. Before more is revealed about the prizes we’ll have to look at how token will be earned.
Now that the Tokens have been placed into context we can move onto what you can trade them in for. To put it simply, they can be traded for anything in the berry store. instead of me listing what everything will cost in terms of Tokens, I’m going to provide abaci sheet so I don’t go nuts and you all will know what I’m talking about.
All right, that is a basic system of how it would work. As you can see the Token are in additional to the CC, but more of an incentive. Remember this is not a permanent fixture, but only for a brief amount of time. Also, if you expect this to be a yearly event or something we do like every two years then you are wrong. This is simply a one-time event. Finally, you may notice this only applies to the Contest Section. It doesn’t apply to anything else if it were to be allowed.