Battle switching

Thread: Battle switching

Default Battle switching

I am suggesting that when in a battle, yes battle i know. when your opponent's pokemon feints and they bring out a new pokemon that you get the same opportunity to switch mon without missing a move just like in the games. For example

Battler 1 using gyarados
    battler 2 using heracross

Gyarados at 4%
    Heracross at 80%

heracross kos gyarados, battler 1 switches gyarados out for a electabuzz. straight away, not giving you option to switch, if you want to switch then you have to lose a turn, this can be devestating as say you had a water pokemon just kill a fire then your opponent can bring out a grass pokemon not giving you a chance to switch out to get away from the type effectiveness, they give you the option in the game so why not here, people always so that we at the urpg try to stick to the games as much as possible so why dont we NOW!!!

thanks for reading please post with you opinion below. :)

Default Re: Battle switching

=3 Hehe thats me in the example

This is a good idea. There have been a lot of times when I've wished I could switch Pokemon, but havent cause I'll miss a turn.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    I am suggesting that when in a battle, yes battle i know. when your opponent's pokemon feints and they bring out a new pokemon that you get the same opportunity to switch mon without missing a move just like in the games. For example

Battler 1 using gyarados
    battler 2 using heracross

Gyarados at 4%
    Heracross at 80%

heracross kos gyarados, battler 1 switches gyarados out for a electabuzz. straight away, not giving you option to switch, if you want to switch then you have to lose a turn, this can be devestating as say you had a water pokemon just kill a fire then your opponent can bring out a grass pokemon not giving you a chance to switch out to get away from the type effectiveness, they give you the option in the game so why not here, people always so that we at the urpg try to stick to the games as much as possible so why dont we NOW!!!

thanks for reading please post with you opinion below. :)
    This is supposed to resemble more of PvP battling in the games. If you battle over Wifi, they don't do that, if I'm not mistaken. That also gives the basically means that whoever sends a pokemon first in DP(who already has a bad enough disadvantage) or sends a pokemon in Revo against something it is weak to loses the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    That also gives the basically means that whoever sends a pokemon first in DP(who already has a bad enough disadvantage) or sends a pokemon in Revo against something it is weak to loses the battle.
    The thing is for revo you should get the option to switch out before the ref says your opponents pokemon, so you can get a mon with full health like your opponent did.

I'm not sure about implementing the idea in general since most of our battles (if not all) are PvP in nature. We just don't have any computers to fight against.

However, if people want it, we could add a PvE Clause (or whatever you want to name it) that allows the switching between mons. It would be entirely optional and only allowed if both battlers agree to it, just like any other rule. Just a suggestion.

yes i think that could be a very good idea, would allow it to be the choice of the players and not a automatic rule, Would give those who want it to use it and those who dont not to. :)

If you go to options on ingame and change shift to set, you no longer have that option to switch. It's mainly there to make the game easier for people. :x

URPG Stats
    "whut" missingapparatus
    I am quite average actually, and I have no boobs. So no point in stripping ^_^

追放されたバカ

This is a bad idea. It doesn't follow the game logistics (in a fair battle) at all. You only get that option when you play the computer in the story. If it's wifi, you don't. This is a person vs person just like wifi, so no it wouldn't be fair at all BECAUSE some people send in someone's who's about to faint on purpose so that when they send the next mon they're ready to set up.

Not a good idea, whoever kills first in a battle, they will control the whole match as they can send a counter in , forcing the other person to switch, and they can then set up in that turn etc...
    URPG Stats

Airik 7:42 pm
    i just hope that when puberty hits he grows out of pokemon

hmm ok i was just going to suggest that maybe instead of waiting for your oponent to send their non dead mon you could both send jsut like at the begining of the battle or say who ever sent mon first at begining of battle then the other person has to send their replasement first that is if they want to switch out? IF THIS DOESNT SOUND ANY GOOD THEN LETS JUST SCRAP THE IDEA

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    I'm not sure about implementing the idea in general since most of our battles (if not all) are PvP in nature. We just don't have any computers to fight against.

However, if people want it, we could add a PvE Clause (or whatever you want to name it) that allows the switching between mons. It would be entirely optional and only allowed if both battlers agree to it, just like any other rule. Just a suggestion.
    The clause idea isn't terrible, but I think it should be restricted to normal battles only. It could seriously interfere with Gym/Elite/etc battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    This is a good idea. There have been a lot of times when I've wished I could switch Pokemon, but havent cause I'll miss a turn.
    That's probably because you're not switching on correct turns. And did you realize people then get to do the same at you? q_q
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //
    / Pokémon X FC: 2148-9374-7797 /

A meet-in-the-middle idea would be for when one battler has to send their next Pokemon, the other player also has the option to switch AT THE SAME TIME. This however would only work in Revolution rules, PRIOR to knowing what the opponent is sending. Otherwise the rule becomes far too exploitable, and as has already been mentioned, the switch-on-send rule is not present in any competitive battling format.

Lurking URPG Veteran Jack of Clovers's Avatar

Monbrey makes a good point. Having the option to switch before your opponent sends a Pokemon in would work. It would put a more unique spin on our battling system.

~Jack~
    |URPG Stats |

Lurking all the time. Too lazy to sign in.

Guild Wars 2: JackofClovers.8693