Addition

Thread: Addition

Default Addition

Dear URPG,

To all officials, Approvers, Referee’s, Graders, Rangers, Judges and normal trainers, I write this to you. I believe that fighting types have been incredibly neglected in the URPG Poke mart, before you automatically say oh no another noob who wants a Pokémon but can’t be bothered writing a story, please read on. I am proposing that Mankey is introduced into the Poke mart.

I have collected together a spreadsheet that shows how many of each type there is that you can get from the Poke mart by fully evolving it. Fighting types only have 1 Pokémon that is not a starter, this is 3 less than any other type.

The reason that I am suggesting for Mankey to be included into the Poke mart is because, It is the only pure fighting type that would not be outrageous to insert into Poke mart, the only other Pokémon that might go into the Poke mart would be machop or Tyrogue but nobody wants those added to the Poke mart, not even me.

Other reasons that Mankey can be added into the Poke mart are that it is only a simple category Pokémon that means that it’s not something like a lucario or a hitmonlee! Also from what I have found out there’s less than 10 Primapes in the URPG from what I know. This means that people wouldn’t be too badly offended if it was added.

Overall it is all about fighting types being better recognised in the Poke mart, if you think that a different fighting type would be better suited to the Poke mart then add it, just please do increase the number even if by just one more Pokémon.

Below is the link to the Spreadsheet spoken about above. It highlights how fighting is neglected.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en&key=thy0WLRE2y9nGmYo8Fh5Qvg&authkey=CKXq7tAM&hl=en#gid=0

And again below is a list of people who have already said that they support the idea.
    Eternus Situs
    PokeViper
    Chainreaction
    Volcanflame
    charmander4lyf
    muddymudkipURPG
    Ayotui
    Synthesis
    HiPS
    Maverick kaiser

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Addition

I am Noble and I approve this

Trophies

Eh, I'm not really interested in Fighting types but yeah they did get the shaft when it came to Pokemart selections.

Buuut, Honestly,why is the fact that most of them are starters A bad thing? if anything Starters were made Balanced, so they made good pokemon, so I don't think if a pokemon is a starter they should be excluded. The only bad thing is most are fire/fighting.

So with this point, there would be 4 fighting types to buy, The same number of Ghosts and (almost) Steel types available to buy.

But In spite of this, I'll be ok with the addition of Mankey, but there are other types in this similar position

You have brought up a good idea an all. However, Mankey is only a simple Pokemon through Story. I know you said this, but it is easy to write for.

Mankey would make a good choice, but preferable I think that Tyrogue would be the better option to be introduced to the Pokemon compared to Mankey. Tyrogue is a baby like the other babies that are in the mart. (Excluding Happiny/Munchlax. The 3 Hitmons would make a good variety to the URPG and would probably be brought more than a Mankey.

Basically, I am up for the implementation of Tyrogue only, compared to Mankey. Caterpie, and Weedle were removed from the Pokemart because they were beginner story writer's first choices to write for. That was because they were the easiest. Therefore, that is why I stick with Tyrogue over Mankey.

I Invented the Pidgeot SiberianTiger's Avatar

There is a pattern to how Pokemon are chosen to be in the Pokemart, but you raise a good point. We'll discuss it and get back to you shortly.

URPG Stats
    Legend of the Thief
    All Your Base Are Belong to Lulsec

Yeah, we kinda talked about this last night, didn't we? This is what kinda sparked my event idea (which everyone seems to hate...)

I would love to see Mankey/Tyrogue in the mart. You raised some valid points.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I'll admit, URPG at its beginning was badly designed imo, and I don't have a problem with changing things that have existed for such a long time, but this isn't really one of them.

Why would you arbitrarily decide to exclude starter Pokemon? You don't get to pick and choose your data. Also, although Infernape and Blaziken are the same type, they play very differently in actual battle.

Who said types were supposed to be equally represented? Should we reduce the amount of over represented types and increase the other under represented types as well?

There are a lot of crappy Pokemon that aren't in the Pokemart.

And about the 'petition', I'm sure a lot of people want a Litwick or something, and many would 'sign' to add it to the Pokemart, but that doesn't mean it should be made easily available, or else everyone would have their dream Pokemon easily. And about some signatures...

[04:49:42] ???: i just said yes to shut him up
    [04:49:43] ???2: lool
    [04:49:47] ???2: me 2

But I don't really give a shit... It just seems like people have been trying to get what they want easily instead of working for it. You can probably pay a writer 5-10k worth in Pokemon+moves for a Mankey or spend an hour to write on yourself.
    Last edited by Pidge; 28th April 2011 at 03:06 AM.

Blog Entries

As usual, people only have their own agendas to take care of.

You shouldn't be asking for 'mons to be put in the mart just because the type distribution of the mart 'mons aren't actually fair, or you want it to be more easily available blah blah blah.

If you want a certain type of Pokémon or a certain Pokémon, you shouldn't just ask for it to be put in the Pokémart just because you couldn't be bothered obtaining it in other ways.

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Anyone else find someone trying to get one specific pokemon added to the mart a bit... fishy?

Blog Entries

I don't like this simply because I have a Primeape and I rather like it and I'd rather its value didn't go down ^^;

However, Tyrogue actually does seem like a more logical choice to me considering its a pokemon with far more versatility and a better choice for beginners who are just being integrated into the URPG

/hypocrite

URPG

I don't think we should make Mankey mart Pokemon, because most beginning URPGers don't have the resources to properly care for one. They're like that chimp that got pissed and ripped a girl's face off, only they're pissed all the time. Why would you want to expose newbies to that? It's down right irresponsible. *flips over table* Case closed.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Well, I can tell you somewhere that I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    I don't think we should make Mankey mart Pokemon, because most beginning URPGers don't have the resources to properly care for one. They're like that chimp that got pissed and ripped a girl's face off, only they're pissed all the time. Why would you want to expose newbies to that? It's down right irresponsible. *flips over table* Case closed.
    ^

Bitch be trippin' balls! PokeViper's Avatar

I dont like people are automatically assuming that "oh he wants a Mankey in mart, he wants an easy way to get one." Thats not always how it works, frankly, who would want a Mankey? Which is why I put my name on the petition. I aint gonna buy one myself. When Silus came to me and asked, I looked over a lot of fighting mons to see if there was another alternate, but I couldnt really find one and I myself wouldnt want to see tyrogue in the mart either.

As for the petition Pidge, I like to think everyones smarter than that (but that could me be putting the URPG in very high regard) No one wants to see a Machop in the mart (for obvious reasons), and I wouldnt want to see a Litwick in the mart, no matter how cool it is. If someone came to me and asked me to sign a petition for getting Gastly in the mart, I woulda said "GTFO you stupid noob."

But thats just me. Again I think out of all the fighting mons out there, Mankey is the best one to put in (if there was a need to put one in). 3 fire/fighting mons is redundant, especially when most go for Chimchar. (also I blame the creators for doing it 3 times in a row... wtf?). All other fighting mons I believe are too good to put in the mark.

Okay though, thats my two cents :D

Thanks EternusSitus
    click for my URPG

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by PokeViper View Post
    I like to think everyones smarter than that
    I'd like to think that too. Unfortunately, I really really don't.

Overall, you do put forward a good argument for Mankey's inclusion, however I do agree that a petition for it is mostly irrelevant as Pidge pointed out.

I think I would have to say no. While your isolated case DOES have good reasoning behind it, from the management standpoint I wouldn't want to put in place a precedent where this sort of request becomes common or expected to pass. It basically comes down to "WELL IF MANKEY CAN BE WHY CANT (OTHER POKEMON) BE TOO!?!".

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Being a starter means nothing. Just clearing that up straight away.

You're thing about it not being represented well enough is right, but you're saying it for the wrong reasons. You shouldn't look at it as a quantity, you should look at is as a percentage of how many of that type are available to begin with.

(The following amounts aren't 100% correct - they've not been rounded properly, and it isn't excluding legendaries, which would never be viable to be moved into the mart in the first place.)

So, yes, Fighting isn't represented as much as it should be, but neither's Psychic. And 1/3 of Electric Pokemon are put into the mart, so why is that?

They've always said there's a formula to putting mons into the mart, but they've never said it. I, for one, would like to see this formula, as it obviously doesn't take into account type diversity.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~