TEAM CONTEST 2010
-Approved by Ataro-
Are you a Contest champ? Do you sweep the floor with any and all competitors? Do your opponents cower in awe before the awesome appeals of your prized Pokemon companion? If so, then you’re ready to move on to a whole new level of Contests.
Welcome to Team Contests.
“Team Contest?” you might be asking yourself. “But a Contest is all about proving that you and your Pokemon are the top Coordinators! Why would we want to work with someone else and have to share the limelight?” But there are plenty of reasons to pair up with another Coordinator and their Pokemon partner. Working together with others will let you learn new things and have new experiences. You might learn new combos and expand your Contest capabilities in the future. Plus, it’s a great way to make new friends!
So get ready, Coordinators of the world. It’s time to get together for a little Contest…
1) Sign-ups will be opened for one week OR until all spots are filled. A total of eight people will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
2) Each person who signs up will be randomly paired with another Coordinator. This prevents experienced members from pairing up against newer ones with less experience. I’ll roll a die using the order in which people sign up. For example, the first person to sign up will be Number One, the second person will be Number Two, and so on. So if I roll a 1 and then an 8, then members 1 and 8 will be paired.
3) This Contest will be held on the Bulbagarden forum, but members from both forums can compete in it.
4) The Contest will be played using the RSE style.
5) The Contest will be 10 turns long.
6) The Attribute will change every two turns.
7) The Crowd Level will be set to ten instead of five.
8) The moves of your Pokemon WILL affect your teammate as well as the other Pokemon, so pick your Appeals carefully.
9) Teammates can finish one another’s Combos THREE TIMES in the Contest. When you decide to finish one another’s Combos is up to you, so try to use your times strategically to help you secure first place.
10) You can use any Pokemon, regardless of how many Ribbons it may have or what Attribute they’re for.
11) Team placings will be determined by a combined Final Score of both teammates’ Pokemon.
12) Everyone will have three days to send their moves before each turn starts (not including the day the current turn's results are posted). If anyone doesn't send before the turn starts, they'll be Nervous for that round.
13) The formula used to determine Visual Round scores will be the Festival one.
First Place Team: $4,500 | $3,000 CC | Ribbon of any Attribute and Rank (as long as the Pokemon has the previous Rank’s Ribbon if choosing one over Normal Rank)
Second Place Team: $4,000 | $3,000 CC
Third Place Team: $3,500 | $2,500 CC
Fourth Place Team: $3,000 | $2,500 CC
Fifth Place Team: $2,500 | $2,000 CC
Sixth Place Team: $2,000 | $2,000 CC
Seventh Place Team: $2,000 | $1,500 CC
Eighth Place Team: $1,500 | $1,000 CC
Judge Earnings: $8,000 ($500 per Mon)
In closing, this is a test run for this kind of Contest. If it goes over well hopefully it’ll becomes a regular kind Judges can use whenever they want, or at the very least a special one that Judges only need to get permission to do. I hope everyone who takes place has fun, even if you don’t win first place. Good luck to all who enter!