New Additions and Changes - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New Additions and Changes

Default Re: New Additions and Changes

Are Move Point gains for HP stealing moves only on a successful, damaging use, and they don't have any effect on the opponent's move points?
    Also, if a move attempt is unsuccessful (say, through missing, or attacking a steel-type with poison moves, or being taunted while using a status move, since each could possibly be different, and I think that covers the general groups of move failure), are move points still spent?

Quote Originally Posted by Siless View Post
    Are Move Point gains for HP stealing moves only on a successful, damaging use, and they don't have any effect on the opponent's move points?

Have to be successful, and no they do not damage opponents move points. Those will be separate moves that I plan to edit in later.

Also, if a move attempt is unsuccessful (say, through missing, or attacking a steel-type with poison moves, or being taunted while using a status move, since each could possibly be different, and I think that covers the general groups of move failure), are move points still spent?
    If a move misses it would still count as you used the energy to actually complete the move. But if a move fails because of things like Taunt then move points are not used.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

This is just a thought, but perhaps Struggle should be typeless instead of Cute? I thought that since it's a desperate use of strength to fight once all other options are unavailable, a Pokémon's type shouldn't somehow make that easier to do, and a typeless contest type would fit with the battle aspect of it doing typeless damage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Siless View Post
    This is just a thought, but perhaps Struggle should be typeless instead of Cute? I thought that since it's a desperate use of strength to fight once all other options are unavailable, a Pokémon's type shouldn't somehow make that easier to do, and a typeless contest type would fit with the battle aspect of it doing typeless damage as well.
    Struggle is actually a normal typed attack, hence it being cute.

Okay, all relavent threads have been updated in the contest section and all the information for B/W is now there. I did make one change though, you can now pick what type your Pokemon is before the contest.

Before the start of a contest, when you send which Pokemon are going to use you must pick which type it is to represent. Whatever type you choose the Pokemon will remain that type for the duration of the contest and if it is awarded a ribbon it must be that type. Example: a Muk is sent with the type attribute of Beauty. This means if it gets a ribbon that ribbon must be Beauty.
    Finally, you guys can now spend CC on Pokemon.

20k ~ Kricketot/Wurmple/Caterpie
    30k ~ Oddish/Paras/Surskit/Whismur/Skitty/Cherubi/Combee/Snorunt + 1 Pokemon with 3 different Normal ribbons
    50k ~ Remoraid/Mawile/Buneary/Petilil/Minccino/Growlithe/Sneasal + 1 Pokemon with 3 different Super ribbons
    60k ~ Ponyta/Swablu/Abra/Tangela/Nosepass + 1 Pokemon with 3 different Hyper ribbons
    80k ~ Castform/Feebas/Drifloon/Pawniard + 1 Pokemon with 3 different Master ribbons
    [

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    Finally, you guys can now spend CC on Pokemon.
    [
    Great idea, it adds a lot of appeal to Contests imo. As a matter of fact, the response in [URPG] (thus far) has been positive.

I do have a question, however. For the 30k+ Pokemon, it says "Pokemon/Pokemon/etc... + 1 Pokemon with 3 different (rank) Ribbons". There is a bit of gray area in that. Let's use this as an example:

30k ~ Oddish/Paras/Surskit/Whismur/Skitty/Cherubi/Combee/Snorunt + 1 Pokemon with 3 different Normal ribbons

Let's say I had 30k, and wanted to buy an Oddish. Then, there's the phrase "+1 Pokemon with..." that I'm not sure about. Do we get a Pokemon with 3 different Normal ribbons (or just the Ribbons attached to whatever we bought), or do we need to have a Pokemon with 3 different Normal ribbons to be able to purchase Oddish? Please clarify, and thanks a lot ATF.

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

You need to have 3 normal ribbons on a Pokemon before you can purchase the Oddish.

When will the Judge Quiz be back open?
    AmericanTreeFrog likes this.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Now I need to save up for a bunneh. And, y'know, contest and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    You need to have 3 normal ribbons on a Pokemon before you can purchase the Oddish.

When will the Judge Quiz be back open?
    Give a take a week, I need to update it for B/W but I'm also busy. So I'm hoping for a week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12