Contest Related Chat - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest Related Chat

Default Re: Contest Related Chat, Questions, and Suggestions

Double post :<

Am I clear to do BW contests while I have my temp license, or will I have to take a judge test/wait for my full license?

@AmericanTreeFrog

If you want regular ribbons to be awardable from Division battles, like this post.

URPG Champion, Official, Senior Referee, Head Judge, Johto LO, Fortree City Gym Leader, Kumquat Island Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head
    AIM MewAshMew (mention URPG or BMG or I'll probably block you); PWN/PXR/SPC Ash K., PE2K Alcadies
    Stats
    Wishlist
    "if you think anything about ash in a battle is going to necessarily happen besides him proving you wrong think again" – Swift
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)
    "You might think it’s to help you be a better battler. Really it’s just to make your battles less painful for the poor referee that has to face-palm every turn." - Monbrey

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Err, that's a pretty biased survey if only one option is given. I'm indifferent to it happening really, but if you're gonna ask people's opinions, do it properly.

Conversely, if you DON'T want regular ribbons to be awarded from Division battles, like this post or forever hold your peace :3
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy View Post
    Err, that's a pretty biased survey if only one option is given. I'm indifferent to it happening really, but if you're gonna ask people's opinions, do it properly.

Conversely, if you DON'T want regular ribbons to be awarded from Division battles, like this post or forever hold your peace :3
    If people disagreed I expected them to post, as you did, no problem here.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

It strikes me as weird that normal B/W Contests pay better than Division battles. Here, side by side:

Normal battle (4v4+): $1500
    Gym battle: $2000 + Badge + TM
    B/W Contest: $2000 + 1500CC
    Divison Contest: $2000 + 1000CC + Division Ribbon + 5 berries

I guess you could argue that technically, the berries' worth make it more, but all I know is I currently don't have any plans to challenge any divisions simply because a simple 3v3 B/W Contest is much more rewarding in both the short and long runs. If the Division battles also had regular ribbons as rewards, I'd at least be considering it.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

[17:27:43] magickid930: Makuhita appealed with Focus Energy and went into CS
    [17:27:49] magickid930: then next turn appealed with Sand-Attack and went into CS

For those unsure as to whether or not a mon can go into Combo Standby if they were previously in Combo Standby, the answer is yes, they can. Tested on Pokemon Emerald.
    MORE CAPS

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post

It strikes me as weird that normal B/W Contests pay better than Division battles. Here, side by side:

Normal battle (4v4+): $1500
    Gym battle: $2000 + Badge + TM
    B/W Contest: $2000 + 1500CC
    Divison Contest: $2000 + 1000CC + Division Ribbon + 5 berries

I guess you could argue that technically, the berries' worth make it more, but all I know is I currently don't have any plans to challenge any divisions simply because a simple 3v3 B/W Contest is much more rewarding in both the short and long runs. If the Division battles also had regular ribbons as rewards, I'd at least be considering it.
    Yeah I pointed that out to ATF a while ago, he said if there was enough activity or something he'd increase it to $2,000 CC
    URPG Champion, Official, Senior Referee, Head Judge, Johto LO, Fortree City Gym Leader, Kumquat Island Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head
    AIM MewAshMew (mention URPG or BMG or I'll probably block you); PWN/PXR/SPC Ash K., PE2K Alcadies
    Stats
    Wishlist
    "if you think anything about ash in a battle is going to necessarily happen besides him proving you wrong think again" – Swift
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)
    "You might think it’s to help you be a better battler. Really it’s just to make your battles less painful for the poor referee that has to face-palm every turn." - Monbrey

Blog Entries

Hey, I know that no-one even cares about R/S/E contests any more, but an idea popped up whilst I was thinking of the plight of all the nervous people out there. So, a solution came to me! I thought maybe a Nervous Clause would be a good thing to implement in contests -- with it switched on, nervous moves are disabled so that wins in R/S/E contests are actually through some sort of skill and not relying on nervous hax. It'll make it a little more interesting -- there's other ways to win rather than getting in the lead and then spamming nervous moves until the end of the contest. It does seriously annoy people.

How about it, @AmericanTreeFrog? (also @ other people but meh)

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Hey, I know that no-one even cares about R/S/E contests any more, but an idea popped up whilst I was thinking of the plight of all the nervous people out there. So, a solution came to me! I thought maybe a Nervous Clause would be a good thing to implement in contests -- with it switched on, nervous moves are disabled so that wins in R/S/E contests are actually through some sort of skill and not relying on nervous hax. It'll make it a little more interesting -- there's other ways to win rather than getting in the lead and then spamming nervous moves until the end of the contest. It does seriously annoy people.

I was thinking of something like this. It would be good, as all RSE contests have turned into nervous spam lately.

Also, I can swear I've asked this before but I've forgot; can we have special rules in festivals?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SLC04 View Post

I was thinking of something like this. It would be good, as all RSE contests have turned into nervous spam lately.

Also, I can swear I've asked this before but I've forgot; can we have special rules in festivals?
    Such as what? The only rule I know ATF uses in Festivals that isn't in normal Contests is banning Covet/Skill Swap/etc..., so I'm not sure what kind of rules could be used to add an element of excitement to Contests.
    MORE CAPS

I have no idea. I could probably think of some fun ones but idk.

Consider it done @Buoy. I'll edit it into the 'pedia later.

Blog Entries

Sounds great! Thanks, ATF! I'll help you with the edit if you need me to. :}

It is done, go and enjoy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    It is done, go and enjoy.
    All right, thanks.

@PichuBoy @SLC04 IT IS DONE, AMIGOS. Also other people but those two are the only ones who matter to me. <3

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast