Contest Related Chat - Page 8
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest Related Chat

Default Re: Contest Related Chat, Questions, and Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    I've always judged it like that.
    I know im just making sure other judges don't make the mistake

Reminder: CC will only be handed out for B/W contests and the quiz should be open in a day or two. Lastly, I should have items and maybe abilities added for the B/W section after that.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Okay, few quick questions. B/W battles - I'm assuming the pay system is the same as the one used in Battles? Also, what are people's thoughts on the Judges being given CC as well? Just putting that out there because if they did, hot damn I would become a Judge and do a lot of Contests.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    Okay, few quick questions. B/W battles - I'm assuming the pay system is the same as the one used in Battles? Also, what are people's thoughts on the Judges being given CC as well? Just putting that out there because if they did, hot damn I would become a Judge and do a lot of Contests.
    Didn't see this...

• Earnings and Prizes (B/W)

Normal Rank
      Winner: $2,000 + $1,500 CC + Ribbon
      Loser: $1,000 + $0,500 CC

Super Rank
      Winner: $2,000 + $2,000 CC + Ribbon
      Loser: $1,000 + $1,000 CC

Hyper Rank
      Winner: $3,000 + $2,000 CC + Ribbon
      Loser: $1,500 + $1,000 CC

Master Rank
      Winner: $4,000 + $2,000 CC + Ribbon
      Loser: $2,000 + $1,000 CC

As for the second question I was thinking the same thing. But I would have to get an consensus from the other judges first.

Blog Entries

Judges getting CC would be nice, but I guess it wouldn't make much difference to me unless I become a ref (which looks unlikely ._.). Of course, that's unless judges would get CC for doing all types of contest, in which case that'd make me a bit happier. After all, judging does require more effort than actually contesting in RSE and DPPt -- which is why CC was removed in the first place for the co-ordinators for those styles. Meh.

Judges can now exchange their wages for CC. When you post a log of a contest make sure it's clear you are not receiving money, but CC.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    Judges can now exchange their wages for CC. When you post a log of a contest make sure it's clear you are not receiving money, but CC.
    Does that mean you can split it too like Coordinators in Festivals can? Like $1,000 and 1,000 CC?
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Quote Originally Posted by WinterVines View Post
    Does that mean you can split it too like Coordinators in Festivals can? Like $1,000 and 1,000 CC?
    If they so desire, yes. Just as long as I can tell the difference when I go through logs.

Blog Entries

Let's get some discussion started in this thread.

Here's some questions you may all respond to if you'd like, as they relate to the current state of the Contest Section:

1. Contest Credits have been currently removed from all types of Contests except for BW ones due to possible abuse of the others to get easy credits. In my honest opinion, I feel that this removal was just but I'd like to welcome back the exclusive currency into these ones again while at the same time making it more fair to obtain. What do you think?

2. What do you think of the current Contest Credit prices for Pokemon exclusively in the Berry Store? Are they alright, too low, a little too high, or unobtainable-y high?

3. The URPG Winter Fortune wheel that we planned was ultimately very successful. Do you think this has positively affected the contest section, and do you think we should conduct another once again during a special time of the year?

No opinion is too tough or fruitless so I'd like to hear from you guys!

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Personally, I feel that Contest Credits should still be obtainable in R/S/E and D/P/Pt contests, but I can understand the reasoning behind restricting them to B/W. Still, I'd like to see them return, if only in really small amounts or only for the winner or something.

The costs are fine. No changes needed.

Sure, I can always do with another couple Delibirds xD
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

I must have missed the reason, but why were contest credits removed from other types of contests?

I think the costs are pretty much fine.

I'd like another one, but in addition we should have another AIM event like we used to have once or twice, they were pretty cool.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SLC04 View Post
    I must have missed the reason, but why were contest credits removed from other types of contests?
    Apparently, RSE and DPPt contests contained too much Contest credits. Due to this, people could abuse them quickly to gain rewards "very fast". Personally, I found the removal to not be out of good taste, but still just due to the addition of Pokemon in the Berry Store. I wish to bring Contest Credits back into those contests, because making them exclusively BW contest rewards only is practically saying "We only want you to play these types of contests". If we do bring CC back into the other contests though, the reward will probably be much more meager.

Blog Entries

Just a question about the Leaders' Division contests. In normal B/W contests, you're able to claim a ribbon of a Pokémon's set attribute by their type (or chosen in the case of dual-types). In the Division contests, are those still available alongside the ribbons you get for winning, or is it only the ribbon you get for winning that is received?

Quote Originally Posted by Buoysel. View Post
    Just a question about the Leaders' Division contests. In normal B/W contests, you're able to claim a ribbon of a Pokémon's set attribute by their type (or chosen in the case of dual-types). In the Division contests, are those still available alongside the ribbons you get for winning, or is it only the ribbon you get for winning that is received?
    Since they have no rank you'll only get the one ribbon Division ribbon for your stats.

And what if the leader wins? Just the money and pride?

Also congrats MK :>

Pretty much.
    Last edited by AmericanTreeFrog; 20th February 2012 at 03:16 PM.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast