Contest Related Chat - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest Related Chat

Default Re: Contest Related Chat, Questions, and Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
    D/P/P Contest Moves List is now fully updated, with the errors being corrected and such, and descriptions being more clear-cut.
    Nice. There were so many errors, so it was about time ;O

And, I might as well clarify some stuff in case some people were confused.

1) The order in which a Pokemon appeals is determined by the amount of hearts earned (except for the first round, in which it is decided by the Primary Round).
    RSE: For subsequent rounds, the highest hearts earned in the previous round will get to appeal first, and so on and so fourth.
    DPP: For subsequent rounds, the lowest hearts earned in the previous round will get to appeal first, and so on and so fourth.

2) Heart = Appeal Points. They are the same thing. To make things simpler, you can either do hearts or appeal points, you don't have to do both. So basically, 1 Heart = 10 Appeal Points. Just add a 0 behind.

3) Only Crowd Meter awards bonus when a compatible move is used. For DPP Voltages, they only award bonus when the Voltage is maxed out.

4) When successfully completing a Combo Standby, the appeal effect is increased by the second move's unmodified appeal effect. That means you don't factor in any Condition Stars, Crowd Boosts or whatever there is when doing Combo bonus. If Dive appeals for +3, it becomes +6. Then, you add in whatever other bonus there is.
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //
    / Pokémon X FC: 2148-9374-7797 /

Blog Entries

On number 4. Here's some clear cut examples:

NO
    Dewgong:20(+0)[**](CS-Surf)

Dewgong uses Dive! Star Bonus! Combo!
    (30+20)*2=100

Dewgong:120(+10)[**]

YES
    Dewgong:20[**](CS-Surf)

Dewgong uses Dive! Combo! Star Bonus!
    (30*2)+20=80

Dewgong:100(+8)[**]

See the difference?

I do believe that the highest score with the new method belongs to me ^.^
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/2246938-post4.html

What's the view on special rules for festivals, similar to FFA ones (obviously adapted/different)?

Quote Originally Posted by PE2KCalamity View Post
    What's the view on special rules for festivals, similar to FFA ones (obviously adapted/different)?
    I like the idea :X

do you think someone could help me figure out how to get 255 on all of my buizels stats not including smart. it will start blank so i will wipe my buizel before i buy the blocks. thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    do you think someone could help me figure out how to get 255 on all of my buizels stats not including smart. it will start blank so i will wipe my buizel before i buy the blocks. thanks everyone.
    It is impossible to get 255 on every single stat.

thats why i said not including smart i want 0 on smart

sad to say but.

Mix Berries together to create Pokeblocks. Tell us which berries you want to mix or you can mix them yourself. You can mix two, three, or four berries together. You can't mix two of the same berries in one blend. This is a free service.

Automatic:
    Figure out your Blending by using this Blending Calculator. Back up calculator: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2S_Yim2El2MJ:www.upokecenter.com/games/rs/guides/blockcalc.php+http://www.upokecenter.com/games/rs/guides/blockcalc.php&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us (credits to gun6 for getting this)
    ^ from berry store, all links to creating berry's are broken and Manually is inaccurate as proved below.

BERRY'S USED
    | Aguav | $500
    | Cool: 0 | Beauty: 0 | Cute: 0 | Smart: 15 | Tough: 0 |
    | Smooth: 25 |
    | Durin | $1,500
    | Cool: 0 | Beauty: 0 | Cute: 0 | Smart: 30 | Tough: 10 |
    | Smooth: 70 |
    | Rabuta | $1,000
    | Cool: 0 | Beauty: 0 | Cute: 0 | Smart: 20 | Tough: 10 |
    | Smooth: 30 |
    | Ganlon | $2,000
    | Cool: 0 | Beauty: 30 | Cute: 10 | Smart: 30 | Tough: 0 |
    | Smooth: 40 |

MATH
    Smart 15+20+30+30=95-20=75/.8= 93
    Tough 10+10= 20/.8=25
    Cute= 10-75=0
    Beauty= 30-10=20/.8=25
    Cool 0
    Lusters 40+30+70+25=165/4= 41-4=37

MY RESULTS
    Smart= 93
    Tough= 25
    Cute= 0
    Beauty= 25
    Cool= 0
    Luster=41

Real Result:
    Smart= 114
    Tough= 23
    Beauty= 49
    Luster= 47
    What should be done about this?

Blog Entries

We are gonna have to re-evaluate the manual formula by doing some research in the meantime. After, we'll be needing to craft our own version of the Calculator.

Yeah, we're in a crisis atm.

Blog Entries

Thanks Pidge for helping us get the Berry Calc back! URPG has upokemoncenter's script now

bwah

hah

hah

http://zoaaa.webs.com/berrycalc.htm

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    thats why i said not including smart i want 0 on smart
    It's possible. I can go in-depth later, but generally you want to copy what others have done that have maxed 4 out of 5 stats. The difference for Smart, though, is to find the corresponding berry. For example, if they use a Aguav, replace it with Mago. Berries that increase more than two stats will require replacement of a berry that increases two stats as well, but "shifted" to the left or right in the list of berries. Yeah, maybe confusing, but I may be able to explain it better latter. I gtg for now. Mess around with the calc and see if you can get similar results to others with 4/5 maxed stats by comparing Pokemart purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    It's possible. I can go in-depth later, but generally you want to copy what others have done that have maxed 4 out of 5 stats. The difference for Smart, though, is to find the corresponding berry. For example, if they use a Aguav, replace it with Mago. Berries that increase more than two stats will require replacement of a berry that increases two stats as well, but "shifted" to the left or right in the list of berries. Yeah, maybe confusing, but I may be able to explain it better latter. I gtg for now. Mess around with the calc and see if you can get similar results to others with 4/5 maxed stats by comparing Pokemart purchases.

I would rather not have people blatantly ask for the formula since it is supposed to be like a "secret formula" or w/e. But then again, people can just ask on AIM, or they can base off their Pokeblocks on previous purchases. blah

Quote Originally Posted by Ataro View Post

I would rather not have people blatantly ask for the formula since it is supposed to be like a "secret formula" or w/e. But then again, people can just ask on AIM, or they can base off their Pokeblocks on previous purchases. blah
    Thats what I did. copied a set from Berry Store on PE2K, probably Shock's. My Charizard has 0 Smart stat. So if thats what Kanga wants, it would be a VERY GOOD IDEA to look back through BMG's Berry Store posts until he finds the one I did for Charizard.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast