Contest Related Chat - Page 15

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Contest Related Chat

Blog Entries

Default Re: Contest Related Chat

While you're at it:

•Gen VI contest move/ability updates for contests, with particular focus on B/W
    •XY Contest style that is different than RSE, DPPt and BW
    •Introducing Gen VI Pokemon into Berry store (you could get away with literally 3 or 4)
    •Hire more judges. Even if this requires temporary judging licenses, or a more accessible judge rest. It's really necessary though
    •Proper contest tourney that people actually want to do
    •SLC's proposal of not needing three ribbons per Pokemon per rank. Options include reducing the ribbons needed to just one, having all Pokemon able to partake in contests provided you have at least one Pokemon available for that Rank (example being able to use two Pokemon without ribbons alongside a Pokemon with three normal ribbons in a Super Rank contest). Ribbons are really hard to obtain, and as of now there are around five people elegible for super rank. None above that, afaik.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Sorry, I didn't get the mention because there's an 01 on the end of my name. Ash, I'd expect you to be more observant of this than the vast majority, what with the period on the end of your name. Secondly, seeing as I work these days I'm only free on weekends, but if you want to try and catch me ask Winter if I'm around or just check my Steam account. Finally, I don't know why I'm being included in an official discussion about Contest specifics when I'm not even Contest staff HINT HINT HINT HINT.

Apologies for the grumpy post, work sux.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    While you're at it:

•Gen VI contest move/ability updates for contests, with particular focus on B/W
    R/S/E is already done. The other two should be done very soon.

•XY Contest style that is different than RSE, DPPt and BW
    SLC is already looking at a new style. Any inquiries can be directed to him.

•Introducing Gen VI Pokemon into Berry store (you could get away with literally 3 or 4)
    I know to do this. But my knowledge of the new Pokemon is pretty much non-existence so until I get some more information it will not happen at this moment in time.

•Hire more judges. Even if this requires temporary judging licenses, or a more accessible judge rest. It's really necessary though
    I have long encouraged people to join or get tested.

•Proper contest tourney that people actually want to do
    Tournaments have usually been successful in the past, the past one had some problems. Mostly the format and availability of SLC.

•SLC's proposal of not needing three ribbons per Pokemon per rank. Options include reducing the ribbons needed to just one, having all Pokemon able to partake in contests provided you have at least one Pokemon available for that Rank (example being able to use two Pokemon without ribbons alongside a Pokemon with three normal ribbons in a Super Rank contest). Ribbons are really hard to obtain, and as of now there are around five people elegible for super rank. None above that, afaik.

It used to be one, it was upped to three. I don't see that much of an argument for reversing it.
    SLCalamity likes this.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Follow Airik On Twitter Add Airik on Facebook Add Airik on Google+

The Argument for reversing it is that Super Contests and above are not accessible to anyone and when they are people are extremely limited in terms of what Pokemon they can use. Hardly anyone contests on a regular basis the only reason I see people preferring to judge over ref is that pay is instant and an auction is coming up this is literally the only time you get people asking to judge contests otherwise no one is interested.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Ash K and ChainReaction are being promoted to 'Chief Judges' due to their continued support of the contest section and their determination in helping improve the section. To accommodate the pair, Feng is sadly being demoted due to inactivity.

For now, both of these are only accepting BW judge quizzes but not RSE/DPPT quizzes as they do not have the answers. I am still accepting both.

Blog Entries

lol

feng

lol

Blog Entries

According to the move list, Ice Shard gives more points than Aqua Jet, Quick Attack, and Bullet Punch

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Lark View Post
    According to the move list, Ice Shard gives more points than Aqua Jet, Quick Attack, and Bullet Punch
    I've pointed this out before. Lots of things need fixing.
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

@SLCalamity; @ChainReaction01;

What would you guys think of removing "Inactive Judges" and allowing anyone previously qualified (at least for RSE/DPPt) to Judge again? RSE/DPPt Contests really haven't changed much since Ruby and Sapphire/Diamond and Pearl respectively. BW Contests is a different story though.

This was brought up in [URPG Chat] around an hour ago. Might even increase activity a bit with more judges.
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    Stats
    Wishlist
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Trophies

>increase activity
    >contest section

Hahaha good one, you crack me up.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I'll think about it. I checked the list fairly recently and all the inactive judges are still pretty inactive iirc. Might be a case-by-case thing.

Shut up Monbrey ;-;
    Ash K. and ChainReaction01 like this.

New Contest Move List for BW posted. While there will still be more changes to balance BW Contests and distinguish them more from battles, this list has the starts of those changes and has every move and ability filled in. I posted it as a new thread so that I'll be able to update it (since Chain is already a URPG Mod and SLC already has Mod powers over Contests). We're open to any suggestions you have (except those involving the removal of any or all Contests).

Contact me, ChainReaction01, or SLCalamity with any questions or suggestions.
    Stats
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by SLCalamity View Post
    Update 20/02/14In other news, the buying of Pokeblocks is suspended while we figure out a new system. I know how disappointed you all must be, but rest assured this will only be temporary. Normal berries can still be bought.
    FUUUCK POKEBLOCKS
    Ash K. likes this.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    Update 20/02/14In other news, the buying of Pokeblocks is suspended while we figure out a new system. I know how disappointed you all must be, but rest assured this will only be temporary. Normal berries can still be bought.
    FUUUCK POKEBLOCKS
    They might actually be not stupid when this is done though.
    Stats
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    FUUUCK POKEBLOCKS
    They might actually be not stupid when this is done though.
    Honestly, the main reason I'm against them is that to me, they appear to go against the spirit of the URPG. In regards to Battles, every Pokemon is statistically perfect (or equal or whatever), it's one of the things that attracted me initially. PokeBlocks in Contests go against that spirit of equality. I wouldn't be surprised if the thought of spending ("wasting?") that money is one of the reasons keeping people from taking the section seriously.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415