Contest Related Chat - Page 14

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 225
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Contest Related Chat

  1. #196
    Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,525

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by SLCalamity View Post
    I'm starting work on XY contests and have some pretty solid plans, but if you guys have any suggestions don't be afraid to IM me or whatever. It'll be a brand new style, and hopefully closer to the RSE and DPPT styles while being as competitive and convenient as BW.
    Do we need a new style when we don't know anything about Gen VI battle alternatives and the two of the three styles currently available languish un-used?
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

    "ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

  2. #197
    TYKG SLCalamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,438
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SLCalamity View Post
    I'm starting work on XY contests and have some pretty solid plans, but if you guys have any suggestions don't be afraid to IM me or whatever. It'll be a brand new style, and hopefully closer to the RSE and DPPT styles while being as competitive and convenient as BW.
    Do we need a new style when we don't know anything about Gen VI battle alternatives and the two of the three styles currently available languish un-used?
    I understand what you mean since there has been nothing announced yet, and if contests do make a return in XY that will most likely be the main focus while this is put on hold temporarily.

    I think the main reason RSE and DPPT contests are less popular is because they are more unfamiliar than the BW alternatives. I'm hoping this style will bridge the gap between BW and classic contests, and teach more people about the older styles.

  3. #198
    Virbank Gym Leader WinterVines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,710

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    I don't like RSE because it's too broken. You use one of like two or three combos at the very end and you win every time with very little other than nervous hax to counter it (which can be banned by the nervous clause or something, leaving no room to stop it). There's not much fun in that.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

  4. #199
    TYKG SLCalamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,438
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    This is what I'm aiming for in this new style. Since the effects/appeal points/jam of all moves will be custom made rather than copy the game, any overpowered strategies can be nerfed for a more level playing field. I'm also considering not using combos, as that seemed to be the main cause for this in RSE (and DPPT to a lesser extent).

  5. #200
    I eat Frogs AmericanTreeFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,403

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    @ChainReaction01 That Ditto you won in the last Festival is yours to keep.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis



  6. #201
    Registered User Elamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,066
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    Just wondering, but is there any way that the Contest Move List could be moved out of the Contest Result Forum and into the general Contest forum? I understand to some extent the Judging Encyclopedia being in there, but really the description of moves is used by everyone who contests (not just judges). The fact that this is hidden away is sort of silly to me.

    URPG

  7. #202
    Du Edoc'sil Ash K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pallet Town, Kanto
    Posts
    2,850

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Elamite View Post
    Just wondering, but is there any way that the Contest Move List could be moved out of the Contest Result Forum and into the general Contest forum? I understand to some extent the Judging Encyclopedia being in there, but really the description of moves is used by everyone who contests (not just judges). The fact that this is hidden away is sort of silly to me.
    I don't understand Judgepedia or any of the Contest move lists being there tbh.

    Also, @AmericanTreeFrog, could you please provide answers to the questions Chain and I asked with the Judge Quiz submission?

    I was also wondering, will the Grand Festival keep replacing Contest Champion even after someone beats all the divisions and battles for it?
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

  8. #203
    I eat Frogs AmericanTreeFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,403

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamite View Post
    Just wondering, but is there any way that the Contest Move List could be moved out of the Contest Result Forum and into the general Contest forum? I understand to some extent the Judging Encyclopedia being in there, but really the description of moves is used by everyone who contests (not just judges). The fact that this is hidden away is sort of silly to me.
    I don't understand Judgepedia or any of the Contest move lists being there tbh.

    Also, @AmericanTreeFrog, could you please provide answers to the questions Chain and I asked with the Judge Quiz submission?

    Forgot about this. Will be dealt with.


    I was also wondering, will the Grand Festival keep replacing Contest Champion even after someone beats all the divisions and battles for it?
    With the format currently being used, yes, but it can be changed.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis



  9. #204
    Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,525

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    So this is kinda random but Winter and I think that the term "Senior Judge" should be changed. Senior Referees, Lead Graders, Elite Rangers... The second-in-command Judges should have their own unique prefix. Here are some ideas, and all credit goes to Winter:

    Chief Judges (the coolest btw)
    Prime Judges (so we can transform and roll out)
    Major Judges (shitty, don't pick this one)
    High Judges (actually I get credit for this one)
    Stellar! Judges (note the exclamation mark, very important)
    Fabulous Judges (like 90% sure this is a gay joke)
    MuddyMudkip likes this.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

    "ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

  10. #205
    Head of Stories Princess Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    URPG!
    Posts
    1,395
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    Elder Judges :o

    That may or may not already be used in DRPG though, but I don't think it matters anyway.

  11. #206
    Unregistered User CommBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,783
    Follow CommBA On Twitter Add CommBA on Facebook

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    Honorable Judges!

    Or, well, anything else that could make it sound more court related. That way I can picture you guys on a stand with a gavel, probably a bald head, white beardWHOOPS THINKING ABOUT ACE ATTORNEY 5 NOW YEEAAAAAAH.

    But seriously, Honorable Judges.
    MuddyMudkip likes this.

  12. #207
    Du Edoc'sil Ash K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pallet Town, Kanto
    Posts
    2,850

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Crow View Post
    Elder Judges :o

    That may or may not already be used in DRPG though, but I don't think it matters anyway.
    It is, you should know, you are one (and currently the only one).

    I suggest Supreme Judges.

    On another note, will berry store prices be reduced further and/or be getting gen 6 Pokémon?

    Currently, the prices are for the most part:

    Easiest (3,000-5,000 story MCR): $10,000 CC
    Simple (5,000-10,000 story MCR): $20,000 CC
    Medium (10,000-20,000 story MCR): $30,000 CC
    Hard (20,000-30,000 story MCR): $40,000 CC
    Complex (30,000-40,000 story MCR): $50,000 CC

    Not to mention the ribbon requirements, which barely anyone meets above the Simples. I only just got the qualifying ribbons for Mediums today and I've been working on doing that for probably close to a year now, and I'm still ages from getting the Hyper Ribbons and eons from Master Ribbons, especially because it requires an opponent that is qualified AND a Judge AT THE SAME TIME.
    Last edited by Ash K.; 14th October 2013 at 10:13 PM.
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

  13. #208
    I eat Frogs AmericanTreeFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,403

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Crow View Post
    Elder Judges :o

    That may or may not already be used in DRPG though, but I don't think it matters anyway.
    It is, you should know, you are one (and currently the only one).

    I suggest Supreme Judges.

    On another note, will berry store prices be reduced further and/or be getting gen 6 Pokémon?

    Currently, the prices are for the most part:

    Easiest (3,000-5,000 story MCR): $10,000 CC
    Simple (5,000-10,000 story MCR): $20,000 CC
    Medium (10,000-20,000 story MCR): $30,000 CC
    Hard (20,000-30,000 story MCR): $40,000 CC
    Complex (30,000-40,000 story MCR): $50,000 CC

    Not to mention the ribbon requirements, which barely anyone meets above the Simples. I only just got the qualifying ribbons for Mediums today and I've been working on doing that for probably close to a year now, and I'm still ages from getting the Hyper Ribbons and eons from Master Ribbons, especially because it requires an opponent that is qualified AND a Judge AT THE SAME TIME.
    I barely got staff to allow Pokemon. If want this to be modified, post in Trainer Court and see how people feel about it.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis



  14. #209
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,118
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    You could change pay so that cc is easier to get rather than other money. Even winning the higher ranked battles give really low cc payout whereas the regular money payout is pretty high.

  15. #210
    Du Edoc'sil Ash K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pallet Town, Kanto
    Posts
    2,850

    Default Re: Contest Related Chat

    @AmericanTreeFrog; @ChainReaction;

    We need to talk about BW Contests. Can we try to all get on AIM or Skype sometime? @SLCalamity; can come too if he's on, but he says it's not as important he's there.
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •