Contest Related Chat - Page 14

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Contest Related Chat

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Default Re: Contest Related Chat

Quote Originally Posted by SLCalamity View Post
    I'm starting work on XY contests and have some pretty solid plans, but if you guys have any suggestions don't be afraid to IM me or whatever. It'll be a brand new style, and hopefully closer to the RSE and DPPT styles while being as competitive and convenient as BW.
    Do we need a new style when we don't know anything about Gen VI battle alternatives and the two of the three styles currently available languish un-used?
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SLCalamity View Post
    I'm starting work on XY contests and have some pretty solid plans, but if you guys have any suggestions don't be afraid to IM me or whatever. It'll be a brand new style, and hopefully closer to the RSE and DPPT styles while being as competitive and convenient as BW.
    Do we need a new style when we don't know anything about Gen VI battle alternatives and the two of the three styles currently available languish un-used?
    I understand what you mean since there has been nothing announced yet, and if contests do make a return in XY that will most likely be the main focus while this is put on hold temporarily.

I think the main reason RSE and DPPT contests are less popular is because they are more unfamiliar than the BW alternatives. I'm hoping this style will bridge the gap between BW and classic contests, and teach more people about the older styles.

I don't like RSE because it's too broken. You use one of like two or three combos at the very end and you win every time with very little other than nervous hax to counter it (which can be banned by the nervous clause or something, leaving no room to stop it). There's not much fun in that.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Trophies
    Blog Entries

This is what I'm aiming for in this new style. Since the effects/appeal points/jam of all moves will be custom made rather than copy the game, any overpowered strategies can be nerfed for a more level playing field. I'm also considering not using combos, as that seemed to be the main cause for this in RSE (and DPPT to a lesser extent).

@ChainReaction01 That Ditto you won in the last Festival is yours to keep.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Blog Entries

Just wondering, but is there any way that the Contest Move List could be moved out of the Contest Result Forum and into the general Contest forum? I understand to some extent the Judging Encyclopedia being in there, but really the description of moves is used by everyone who contests (not just judges). The fact that this is hidden away is sort of silly to me.

URPG

Quote Originally Posted by Elamite View Post
    Just wondering, but is there any way that the Contest Move List could be moved out of the Contest Result Forum and into the general Contest forum? I understand to some extent the Judging Encyclopedia being in there, but really the description of moves is used by everyone who contests (not just judges). The fact that this is hidden away is sort of silly to me.
    I don't understand Judgepedia or any of the Contest move lists being there tbh.

Also, @AmericanTreeFrog, could you please provide answers to the questions Chain and I asked with the Judge Quiz submission?

I was also wondering, will the Grand Festival keep replacing Contest Champion even after someone beats all the divisions and battles for it?
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamite View Post
    I don't understand Judgepedia or any of the Contest move lists being there tbh.

Also, @AmericanTreeFrog, could you please provide answers to the questions Chain and I asked with the Judge Quiz submission?

Forgot about this. Will be dealt with.

I was also wondering, will the Grand Festival keep replacing Contest Champion even after someone beats all the divisions and battles for it?
    With the format currently being used, yes, but it can be changed.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

So this is kinda random but Winter and I think that the term "Senior Judge" should be changed. Senior Referees, Lead Graders, Elite Rangers... The second-in-command Judges should have their own unique prefix. Here are some ideas, and all credit goes to Winter:

Chief Judges (the coolest btw)
    Prime Judges (so we can transform and roll out)
    Major Judges (shitty, don't pick this one)
    High Judges (actually I get credit for this one)
    Stellar! Judges (note the exclamation mark, very important)
    Fabulous Judges (like 90% sure this is a gay joke)
    MuddyMudkip likes this.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

Elder Judges :o

That may or may not already be used in DRPG though, but I don't think it matters anyway.

Follow CommBA On Twitter Add CommBA on Facebook

Honorable Judges!

Or, well, anything else that could make it sound more court related. That way I can picture you guys on a stand with a gavel, probably a bald head, white beardWHOOPS THINKING ABOUT ACE ATTORNEY 5 NOW YEEAAAAAAH.

But seriously, Honorable Judges.
    MuddyMudkip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Crow View Post

That may or may not already be used in DRPG though, but I don't think it matters anyway.
    It is, you should know, you are one (and currently the only one).

I suggest Supreme Judges.

On another note, will berry store prices be reduced further and/or be getting gen 6 Pokémon?

Currently, the prices are for the most part:

Easiest (3,000-5,000 story MCR): $10,000 CC
    Simple (5,000-10,000 story MCR): $20,000 CC
    Medium (10,000-20,000 story MCR): $30,000 CC
    Hard (20,000-30,000 story MCR): $40,000 CC
    Complex (30,000-40,000 story MCR): $50,000 CC

Not to mention the ribbon requirements, which barely anyone meets above the Simples. I only just got the qualifying ribbons for Mediums today and I've been working on doing that for probably close to a year now, and I'm still ages from getting the Hyper Ribbons and eons from Master Ribbons, especially because it requires an opponent that is qualified AND a Judge AT THE SAME TIME.
    Last edited by Ash K.; 14th October 2013 at 10:13 PM.
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    Stats
    Wishlist
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Crow View Post

It is, you should know, you are one (and currently the only one).

I suggest Supreme Judges.

On another note, will berry store prices be reduced further and/or be getting gen 6 Pokémon?

Currently, the prices are for the most part:

Easiest (3,000-5,000 story MCR): $10,000 CC
    Simple (5,000-10,000 story MCR): $20,000 CC
    Medium (10,000-20,000 story MCR): $30,000 CC
    Hard (20,000-30,000 story MCR): $40,000 CC
    Complex (30,000-40,000 story MCR): $50,000 CC

Not to mention the ribbon requirements, which barely anyone meets above the Simples. I only just got the qualifying ribbons for Mediums today and I've been working on doing that for probably close to a year now, and I'm still ages from getting the Hyper Ribbons and eons from Master Ribbons, especially because it requires an opponent that is qualified AND a Judge AT THE SAME TIME.
    I barely got staff to allow Pokemon. If want this to be modified, post in Trainer Court and see how people feel about it.

Blog Entries

You could change pay so that cc is easier to get rather than other money. Even winning the higher ranked battles give really low cc payout whereas the regular money payout is pretty high.

@AmericanTreeFrog; @ChainReaction;

We need to talk about BW Contests. Can we try to all get on AIM or Skype sometime? @SLCalamity; can come too if he's on, but he says it's not as important he's there.
    Stats
    Wishlist

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast