Contest Related Chat - Page 12

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Contest Related Chat

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Default Re: Contest Related Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Mubz View Post
    We should reduce the starting PP in BW contests. 400 is so much that even having PP in pretty much all battles makes it kinda redundant. I would suggest reducing it to 300, atleast temporarily, to make conserving PP relevant in contests.
    I wouldn't mind this being given a try - I've only ever seen a Pokemon run out of PP once. It seems to me like it should be a once-every-couple-of-contests thing.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mubz View Post
    We should reduce the starting PP in BW contests. 400 is so much that even having PP in pretty much all battles makes it kinda redundant. I would suggest reducing it to 300, atleast temporarily, to make conserving PP relevant in contests.
    I wouldn't mind this being given a try - I've only ever seen a Pokemon run out of PP once. It seems to me like it should be a once-every-couple-of-contests thing.
    I've been considering doing it for at least a month now, just wasn't sure what the reaction would be. I'll make a choice in a few days.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Blog Entries

AmericanTreeF 8:45 pm
    No announcement, if people care they'll look 'em up

However, I am not AmericanTreeFrog. That is quite obvious to you all. Although ATF didn't ask for me to announce this (see above quote), I thought I would anyway, for the benefit of all you lovely people. I'm sure you all do care.

AHEM. For the attention of all regular co-ordinators and judges, new combos have been discovered and added into the move list. That means there's more of an opportunity for you to get more of those points and come up with new strategies to win your contests. Although the changes may seem minor in some cases, at least you're comforted by the knowledge they're there to be used.

Additionally, the combo standby moves are now actually in their proper alphabetical order. THAT'S NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THE COMBOS, THOUGH.

The recently-added combinations are as follows:
    Calm Mind + Psycho Boost.

Charge + Shock Wave.

Growth + Frenzy Plant.
    Growth + Leech Seed.

Hail + Aurora Beam.
    Hail + Haze.
    Hail + Ice Ball.
    Hail + Ice Beam.
    Hail + Icy Wind.
    Hail + Sheer Cold.

Mind Reader + Sheer Cold.

Rage + Thrash.

Rain Dance + Hydro Cannon.

Sandstorm + Mud Shot.
    Sandstorm + Mud Sport.

Sunny Day + Blast Burn.

Two things I forgot to post about.
    1) Judge wages for BW Contests are $750 per Pokemon used if you haven't noticed.
    2) PP for Pokemon in BW Contests is now reduced from 400 to 300.

Enjoy.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

*resurrects thread from the grave*

For the Grand Championship, is it going to be done as many normal contests (1v1v1v1 for RSE/DPPt and 1on1 for BW) or as a festival for each Round? Also, how are the points going to be awarded?
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Quote Originally Posted by Central African Republic* View Post
    *resurrects thread from the grave*

For the Grand Championship, is it going to be done as many normal contests (1v1v1v1 for RSE/DPPt and 1on1 for BW) or as a festival for each Round? Also, how are the points going to be awarded?
    Yes, they'll be exactly as normal, just like a regular contest. Points are based off what you earn in the contests. EX. R/S/E = 500pts{3rd} | D/P/Pt = 1250{1st} | B/W = 820{1st}. So across the three contests he earned a total of 2570. That would be his final score.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Ah, I think I understand this a bit better. So you only do three for the entire tournament? Are these with the same people each time or randomized for each style?

Quote Originally Posted by SLCalamity View Post
    Ah, I think I understand this a bit better. So you only do three for the entire tournament? Are these with the same people each time or randomized for each style?
    I'll randomly assign everyone in each round.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Got 'em.

I think that combining the contest and battle berries, while it seems logical, totally screws up the prices for a one use battle item. Some cost $2,000 and that's more than the difference between winning and losing ANY type of battle.
    @AmericanTreeFrog;
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash K. View Post
    I think that combining the contest and battle berries, while it seems logical, totally screws up the prices for a one use battle item. Some cost $2,000 and that's more than the difference between winning and losing ANY type of battle.
    @AmericanTreeFrog;
    While this is true in some cases, others are lower and more cost effective. While some are $2,000 apiece, and that can seem like a lot, you can get that out of one contest if you win, two if you lose. If we compare that to something like a Red Card and like items, I would say that it's a fair deal..

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    @AmericanTreeFrog;
    While this is true in some cases, others are lower and more cost effective. While some are $2,000 apiece, and that can seem like a lot, you can get that out of one contest if you win, two if you lose. If we compare that to something like a Red Card and like items, I would say that it's a fair deal..
    Red Card is returned at the end of the battle though, so you can get a lot more than its cost from it. $2,000 for a single item that goes away after the battle is just really overpriced, considering it's generally better to just take the loss and get more than you would have between winning and buying the berry, IF it even allows you to win when you would lose. You may also want to check posts in Trainer's Court thread Make Gems and Herbs permanent, as it is relevant to this.
    In a relationship with KnittyDragon, been together over a year <3
    URPG Senior Referee, Approver, Chief (BW) Judge, Elite Four Member, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    AIM MewAlcadiesMew; PWN/PXR Ash K.
    Stats
    Wishlist
    [18:13] alaskapigeon1: and you have OCD that rivals monk's
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
    @AmericanTreeFrog;
    Red Card is returned at the end of the battle though, so you can get a lot more than its cost from it. $2,000 for a single item that goes away after the battle is just really overpriced, considering it's generally better to just take the loss and get more than you would have between winning and buying the berry, IF it even allows you to win when you would lose. You may also want to check posts in Trainer's Court thread Make Gems and Herbs permanent, as it is relevant to this.
    I have checked the thread and seen the opinions on it.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I'm so, so sorry to anyone involved but my internet has been so bad lately that there are very few opportunities when I can get onto my laptop - I'm mostly stuck on my iPod. Since I didn't want to post this twice, I need someone else to judge my two contests I claimed for the grand championship.

@Central African Republic*; @Mubz; @gmandiddy; @Elamite; @ChainReaction01; @Jack of Clovers @The Jr. Trainer @ki adi mundi, @Morru Magnum @Fawkes.;

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast