TPW Expansion Preparation - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: TPW Expansion Preparation

Blog Entries

Default Re: TPW Expansion Preparation

/laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate

Pairing newbies with experienced Park users sounds good to me. Maybe we could make an incentive for people to pair up with newbies? A free Shop item or maybe $1,500? Something small and not too broken, but enough to say "thanks for helping out this new person"?

Silly Chainy, mentioning the Ruins and confusing everyone about what it is XD. But I do very much like that idea. New people can opt to go to the Ruins, and if they pair up with another person, it'll give a fair number of Pokemon for the new person, especially since most experienced people won't need or want a lot of the basics they come across and would probably be willing to trade with whatever the other person got.

Or we could make the Ruins be a solo event for new people too. What do you guys think?

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    Yes, I definitely like the idea of newbies being paired up with experienced Trainers, but anyone who volunteers for those has to be active. It's very important that the newbies aren't kept waiting.

I also like Mav's idea - maybe open the Enigma Ruins (or w/e theyre called) but make them basics only (Nincada - Chimchar - Zorua - Bidoof - Ralts etc only). Essentially, the Enigma Ruins would be a basics-only area that has access to ALL basics for a short period of time (newbie only of course), say 2-3 months, and then it evolves (pun hur dur) into the stage where any Pokemon can be pulled.
    Make the Ruins a spin off of the Outer Havens? Isn't there somewhere in the Ranger Encyclopedia that said events like some Pokemon could appear in a completely different zone? Perhaps it will only attract basic Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickKaiser View Post
    Yes, I definitely like the idea of newbies being paired up with experienced Trainers, but anyone who volunteers for those has to be active. It's very important that the newbies aren't kept waiting.

I also like Mav's idea - maybe open the Enigma Ruins (or w/e theyre called) but make them basics only (Nincada - Chimchar - Zorua - Bidoof - Ralts etc only). Essentially, the Enigma Ruins would be a basics-only area that has access to ALL basics for a short period of time (newbie only of course), say 2-3 months, and then it evolves (pun hur dur) into the stage where any Pokemon can be pulled.
    Make the Ruins a spin off of the Outer Havens? Isn't there somewhere in the Ranger Encyclopedia that said events like some Pokemon could appear in a completely different zone? Perhaps it will only attract basic Pokemon.
    Yeah, but the whole displaced Pokémon idea only pertains to the Main RP when there's been a major incident, such as an avalanche at Oktori or something... which pretty much never happens.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post

Yeah, but the whole displaced Pokémon idea only pertains to the Main RP when there's been a major incident, such as an avalanche at Oktori or something... which pretty much never happens.
    Nuking the outer havens isn't a major incident?
    WebMaster likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post

Nuking the outer havens isn't a major incident?
    The Outer Heavens wasn't canonly nuked, I thought. In any case, all the Pokémon have already been relocated, and I don't see what nuking the Outer Heavens would have to do with attracting basic Pokémon to the Ruins.

Blog Entries

Yeah, displaced Pokemon only happen in the event of a major disaster, and even then it only chases Pokemon to areas to either side, above, or below the affected area. Also it doesn't attract Pokemon to the affected area, it chases them from it lol. So something like a disaster @ the Ruins would chase Mon from it, not attract them, and the ruins are only near the Power Plant iirc, so making something happen there would only drive Plant Mon to the Ruins.

The Ruins will be implemented after we expand to TPW, so using the area as a Basic-only event would be a pretty neat way of introducing it.
    Last edited by WinterVines; 23rd May 2012 at 11:00 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12