National Park General Discussion - Page 55

Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: National Park General Discussion

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Default Re: General Park Discussion/Feedback/Questions

I've had lots of people ask me about the process of befriending Pokemon in the Park recently. There's actually been a set of rules in development, but we've been holding back on them to get a more complete approval across the entirety of the Park Staff. We're now pleased to announce that you can find the rules and regulations for befriending Pokemon right here, in the Parkpedia.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

*That old musty pile of clothes stinking up the corner suddenly shifts, scaring away a family of Rattata that had taken up residence there. After a moment the pile stands and abruptly bursts into flames; when they fade the musty clothes are gone.*

And thus I return from the stupor I unintentionally fell into! I apologize to everyone for my sudden and somewhat extended departure, but I recently got a position as a work-at-home agent and it's been somewhat hectic trying to get used to the schedule. On top of that I've been busy tending to other real-life matters.

I also have to admit I got a bit obsessed with a new browser game I've found called Crystal Saga '>_>...

Anyways, hopefully things will be settling to a more routine pattern here soon. What with Christmas not even a month away, though, don't be surprised if I go missing again for a week or two. After all the holiday madness, though, I should be back to regularly stopping in.

Oh, and nice idea with the befriending Pokemon thing there, guys. *Gives stamp of approval.*

Two questions relating to the ranger quiz-thing:
    First, this,
    Q4: Name the two different ways to obtain an Encounter List for an expedition. (2 Points)
    What the freak is an expedition? ._. Is that just another way to word a park run?

Also, the "Scenario" section. I just want to make sure: do you want/need us to actually roleplay it out, or just give a sypnosis of what happens? Either is totally cool with me, I just want to make sure. ^^;
    Last edited by Speed-X; 6th December 2011 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Two questions relating to the ranger quiz-thing:
    First, this,

What the freak is an expedition? ._. Is that just another way to word a park run?
    Yeah, it is.

Also, the "Scenario" section. I just want to make sure: do you want/need us to actually roleplay it out, or just give a sypnosis of what happens? Either is totally cool with me, I just want to make sure. ^^;
    You do what the question says to do. Read them carefully and do what you think is right. Like it says in the instructions, you can (should) explain your answers if you want to get your thinking process across.

Sorry I can't give specific answers about the Quiz. The information is in the instructions.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Oh, it's okay! I understand. You helped plenty; thanks!

Okay. Yeah, I explained my answers and such, especially for the first one, so okay. Thank you. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Oh, it's okay! I understand. You helped plenty; thanks!

Okay. Yeah, I explained my answers and such, especially for the first one, so okay. Thank you. ^^
    Anytime ^^ If you have more questions or anything feel free to send me a VM/PM/IM as well. The other Rangers can help you out too.
    URPG Stats

Everyone, please read this about saving runs. It's not illegal to organise to go through with a particular Ranger. It is illegal, however, to post a run and then say "Ranger X will eventually pick this up so no one else touch it please".
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

Blog Entries

Any hideous banners or new banners needed for the park? I'd be happy to make redo some.

Quote Originally Posted by Feng View Post
    Any hideous banners or new banners needed for the park? I'd be happy to make redo some.
    The Park Shop doesn't seem to have one, and since that's fairly important I think it'd be cool to have one for it if you wanted ^^
    URPG Stats

Okay everyone, we have a potential Park update, but this time we wanted to get everyone's input first. It was brought to my attention by Eraizaa that the Main RP section is a bit dead. The only things that happen in there is the occasional Team Run. This is a bit sad because the Park is meant to be about roleplaying, interacting with other people (as in not just your Ranger). Almost all the runs these days are Individual Runs.

In an attempt to combat this trend and bring the Main RPs back to life, Dog of Hellsing and I would like to introduce a new minor addition to the Park. For an extra $500, people could elect to go on an "Endurance Run" in the Main RPs. Endurance Runs would work just like normal runs, except that they would last for 20 Encounters instead of the usual 15 and you could withdraw 4 Pokemon instead of the usual 3. This would also be a valid option for Team Runs (meaning a total of 40 Pokemon would be encountered by the pair of Trainers as opposed to the usual 30).

What do you guys think about this? We welcome input from all Rangers, Trainers, and URPGers, and won't move forward until all Elites and a Head meet consensus on it.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Trophies
    Blog Entries

The main runs could use some more activity imo. I kinda like this idea being able to take 4 mons out. Just make sure those that prefer individual runs aren't penalized in any way. No, I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any benefits for main runs. I'm saying that individual runs should be kept the same. Not a bad idea
    URPG Member, Approver, Senior Referee, Grader, Ranger and Judge

Logs
    Referee, Grader, Judge, Ranger
    AIM: WebDragoon1337

追放されたバカ

My only concern would be the imminent cluttering of the Main Runs. I'm all for paying a bit extra, but if a many people sign up for a Main Park, how will we be able to keep track of all the posts going in there? Do we color code them? Make individual threads like how they are in the Individual Threads? Let only a few in at a time? This idea is awesome but how will we manage the influx of people ready to go in. This gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickKaiser View Post
    My only concern would be the imminent cluttering of the Main Runs. I'm all for paying a bit extra, but if a many people sign up for a Main Park, how will we be able to keep track of all the posts going in there? Do we color code them? Make individual threads like how they are in the Individual Threads? Let only a few in at a time? This idea is awesome but how will we manage the influx of people ready to go in. This gets my vote.
    Ctrl+F would probably help here, just type in the username of the person you are leading through and you're set.

This sounds like a good idea, but maybe another addition could be added since it would allow four 'mons to be taken out instead of three. Limit the amount of times a healing item could be used, for instance. All in all, make it live up to the name of "Endurance".

Mav, good point, but it won't be a huge issue because of the Mention system BMG has now - you don't even need to keep an eye on the Main section, just wait for your Trainer to Mention you. There's also the CTRL+F thing that Akinai mentioned.

I don't mind that idea, Akinai. Limit healing items or maybe limit PokeDolls or something.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

The idea sounds good in itself -- taking out four 'mons? Hell yes.

As for limiting healing items, though, people often bring Pokémon into the Park that can heal themselves and others (me, for instance; Chimecho <3). Would some sort of limit have to be exercised over that, too? I don't mind limiting PokéDolls, though. Escape rolls are free. ;}

Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast