Massive Revamp of the Park - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Massive Revamp of the Park

  1. #31
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,115
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: Massive Revamp of the Park

    Durant should be at Deckbi. It should learn to man up and fend for itself!



    Failure to comply shall result in feminism!



    Which leads to...!



    MINUS THE MANLY IRONESS!



    BUT SLIGHTLY MORE FETCH!



    Until Regina George comes along and is so totally like stop trying to make fetch happen omg >_>!



    SO YEAH



    Duran(t) Duran ain't happy but oh well!


  2. #32
    Lonely Hearts Club Band Sgt.Pepper's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Abbey Road
    Posts
    475
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Massive Revamp of the Park

    Imma go ahead an let chu finish, but KlingKlang is the best steel type of all time. Of all time.
    If you want to battle me, check out the URPG.
    Black FC: 3396-2846-6857
    Heart Gold FC: 0690-7577-0263

  3. #33
    He Sees You... Dog of Hellsing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    1,944
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Massive Revamp of the Park

    @ Neon: As big as Mount Deckbi is, there's enough space for Durant to make its tunnels and nests and avoid the hotter interior of the stone of the volcano.

    Who says the other Fire Pokemon are going to give two shits about Durant? No other Dex entry lists Durant as being the prey of other Pokemon, so as long as they don't attack other Pokemon for whatever reason, your argument about the other Fire Type Pokemon unleashing literal Hell on them is invalid.

    This may be a counter to my previous statement, but who says Durant is a peaceful vegetarian? If they live in a mountain, there's not going to be much vegetation for them to eat without heading to the exterior all the time to collect vegetable matter. As big as they are and considering their massive Speed and Attack stats, it seems to me they'd be more predatory. That being the case, even against a Fire Pokemon (except Heatmor given the fact that they've evolved to prey on Durant), they'd probably easily be able to take it down before it could do much damage. In most cases I'd assume they'd adapt to hunting Fire Pokemon; just tunnel up from under them, grab a leg or bite into the belly, and retreat into the hole you came out of while others come up and grab other parts of it. Or just make a large hole and chase the victim into it to cripple or kill them. You shouldn't underestimate a Pokemon just because it's weak to a majority of the Pokemon it shares its habitat with.

    You're also not taking into account the damage it could cause by introducing Durant into an ecosystem where it never existed before. Ever heard of invasive species? What if Durant took to the Gardens a little TOO well and started doing such damage that other Pokemon literally couldn't live there anymore? Be it habitat destruction from the Durants' tunneling to Durant preying on species with no natural way to escape it to there being no natural predators of it, you might be wrecking another location and doing more harm than good.

    I also want to make a bigger emphasis on one of the points mentioned above. Heatmor evolved to prey on Durant, but no other Pokemon has done so. Take Durant from its natural (and pretty much only) predator, and the species risks exploding out of control thanks to lack of population control. You couldn't bring enough Trainers in to catch them all; what's one or two Durant taken out a day compared to a queen hatching hundreds every few weeks? That ties in with them overpopulating and destroying another area they might get put in.

    Oh, you mentioned something about a Durant swarm being unable to fight off a group of Heatmor, but then again, there's no indication that Heatmor are social and therefore live in groups. In real life anteaters are very solitary creatures, which means there's a good chance Heatmor are as well. Obviously it might not be the case, but either way, you're underestimating Durant's amazing ability to tunnel through solid rock; if any saw a Heatmor or a group of them, they would probably waste little time in burrowing away.

    Your lack of faith in Durant's ability to survive makes Durant sad.

    Also lol @ how this discussion was turned to Durant being moved.
    Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 4th September 2011 at 01:47 PM.

  4. #34
    The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    C Burg
    Posts
    2,369
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Massive Revamp of the Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
    @ Neon: As big as Mount Deckbi is, there's enough space for Durant to make its tunnels and nests and avoid the hotter interior of the stone of the volcano.

    Who says the other Fire Pokemon are going to give two shits about Durant? No other Dex entry lists Durant as being the prey of other Pokemon, so as long as they don't attack other Pokemon for whatever reason, your argument about the other Fire Type Pokemon unleashing literal Hell on them is invalid.

    This may be a counter to my previous statement, but who says Durant is a peaceful vegetarian? If they live in a mountain, there's not going to be much vegetation for them to eat without heading to the exterior all the time to collect vegetable matter. As big as they are and considering their massive Speed and Attack stats, it seems to me they'd be more predatory. That being the case, even against a Fire Pokemon (except Heatmor given the fact that they've evolved to prey on Durant), they'd probably easily be able to take it down before it could do much damage. In most cases I'd assume they'd adapt to hunting Fire Pokemon; just tunnel up from under them, grab a leg or bite into the belly, and retreat into the hole you came out of while others come up and grab other parts of it. Or just make a large hole and chase the victim into it to cripple or kill them. You shouldn't underestimate a Pokemon just because it's weak to a majority of the Pokemon it shares its habitat with.

    You're also not taking into account the damage it could cause by introducing Durant into an ecosystem where it never existed before. Ever heard of invasive species? What if Durant took to the Gardens a little TOO well and started doing such damage that other Pokemon literally couldn't live there anymore? Be it habitat destruction from the Durants' tunneling to Durant preying on species with no natural way to escape it to there being no natural predators of it, you might be wrecking another location and doing more harm than good.

    I also want to make a bigger emphasis on one of the points mentioned above. Heatmor evolved to prey on Durant, but no other Pokemon has done so. Take Durant from its natural (and pretty much only) predator, and the species risks exploding out of control thanks to lack of population control. You couldn't bring enough Trainers in to catch them all; what's one or two Durant taken out a day compared to a queen hatching hundreds every few weeks? That ties in with them overpopulating and destroying another area they might get put in.

    Oh, you mentioned something about a Durant swarm being unable to fight off a group of Heatmor, but then again, there's no indication that Heatmor are social and therefore live in groups. In real life anteaters are very solitary creatures, which means there's a good chance Heatmor are as well. Obviously it might not be the case, but either way, you're underestimating Durant's amazing ability to tunnel through solid rock; if any saw a Heatmor or a group of them, they would probably waste little time in burrowing away.

    Your lack of faith in Durant's ability to survive makes Durant sad.

    Also lol @ how this discussion was turned to Durant being moved.
    But, bringing a new species to Deckbi means that Durant is going to have to take land from another species to find its own new home. This means turf wars. If GTA: San Andreas has taught me anything, it is that turf wars are violent and dangerous. GROVE STREET!

    Who says the other fire-types won't care? Nowhere in any dex entry does it say that they can't eat Durant or won't. The only thing it says, is that they eat pokemon food which is a broad category for berries, plants, other pokemon, etc. If I were a fire-type, I would see Durant as easy prey and take advantage of the situation.

    I'm not saying Durant are entirely peaceful and entirely herbivorous. I have no fear that they won't be able to adapt and take on other pokemon, but are ground and rock-types really going to satisfy them? The whole point of eating something is to get nutrition out of it, not rock and dirt. I suggest not bringing up them preying on fire-types. Let me put it this way: if you are allergic to pollen, you probably won't go around eating pollen. I'm just saying you are forcing a complete change in their diet by switching them from one region to another. That kind of shock to any living creature's regular routine is enough to cause confusion and sickness among the entire species.

    This argument about moving it is exactly what I am against. Moving it out of an environment where it was controlled and sustainable and moving it into a new enviroent filled with new threats and predators. This is what you guys have done. I'm not talking about putting it into a new environment, but returning it into a location that it has already been successful in.

    This is assuming Durants follow the same basic code as actual ants. However, there has been no queen or anything along those lines that has shown itself. There are many basic differences between ant and Durant culture; I could name a few, but those are trivial details. I suppose the largest evidence to support my argument is Durant's regular breeding pattern. This has been monitored and can be confirmed.

    Durant are extremely powerful in a swarm, just like most ant species, but alone they have little that can overcome their weaknesses. Like I said, their best defensive abilities are there speed and burrowing abilities. I have no doubt that they could use these to escape from a head on battle, and potentially use these to set up ambushes, but this is all situational. Some experienced Durant may be able to pull something like this off, but all pokemon can do the same if experienced. There really is no side with too much advantage, because eventually Durant will create defensive strategies, and their predators will find ways around these. The only thing x factor in the scenario is Durant's weakness to fire, and that is a rather large factor.

    Durant is an extremely capable pokemon, but it can only do so much against a disadvantage.

    Anyways, nothing I say will make a difference anyways. You have all already made up your minds, and one person won't make a difference in the fight for Steel equality. I will forever speak up for my fake little pokemon :P

    For my closing statement, I'd just like to say:



    Durant hates the Heat.

  5. #35
    Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,524

    Default Re: Massive Revamp of the Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    the fight for Steel equality
    xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

    implying Steel isn't already one of the best types
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

    "ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

  6. #36
    Techno Pussy Fawkes.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,392
    Trophies

    Default Re: Massive Revamp of the Park


    this thread
    Synthesis likes this.

  7. #37
    Virbank Gym Leader WinterVines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,710

    Default Re: Massive Revamp of the Park

    You made a convincing argument Neon, if the Gardens had actually been it's original habitat. It was just put in the wrong one to begin with. If it had just been stuck in Deckbi in the first place, would you have even thought to bring it up? =P
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

  8. #38
    The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    C Burg
    Posts
    2,369
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Massive Revamp of the Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Pepper's View Post
    Imma go ahead an let chu finish, but KlingKlang is the best steel type of all time. Of all time.
    Dude, u crzy

    Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

    implying Steel isn't already one of the best types
    Yo, don't hate. I make Steel look good :P

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterVines View Post
    You made a convincing argument Neon, if the Gardens had actually been it's original habitat. It was just put in the wrong one to begin with. If it had just been stuck in Deckbi in the first place, would you have even thought to bring it up? =P
    Good point. If it had always been on Deckbi, I probably wouldn't have said anything.

  9. #39
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,115
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: Massive Revamp of the Park

    Neon is a nut,
    He has a rubber butt
    Every time he turns around
    it goes 'put put'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •