Massive Revamp of the Park
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Massive Revamp of the Park

Blog Entries

Default Massive Revamp of the Park

Epic Sexy Music To Listen To This To In Order To Make It Even More Epic Than It Already Is 8D

So, I knew there have been several little threads here and there about changes made to the way the Park runs over the past few weeks, but this thread contains MAJOR OVERHAULS made to the way the Park works. Please keep in mind this was discussed with an Elite Ranger plus several other Rangers I trust enough to rely on their judgment (on top of another Elite Ranger coming in later and not arguing any of the changes made), so I didn't decide to do these all by myself. I had help! XD Also Buoy had a post typed up but forgot to forward it to me to use before he left, so meh, I'm stuck writing my own post @__@.

Anyways, let's get to the news! *EXCITEMENT!*

===//===

First of all, the biggest change to the Park is the removal of the Outer Heaven area. I know this may seem surprising, taking out an entire area, but the area was sort of...useless, to put it bluntly. The majority of Pokemon there were Mart, with only a few decent Story ones available, making it a place most people didn't feel like spending the money to go to. On top of that, it was the least practical of the areas, requiring a Pokemon that could somehow fly/levitate/teleport to get around (why does Firefox mark teleport as a word that's not real? >>). On top of that, all the Pokemon that were there could easily be distributed to other areas, and so that's what was done.

Trainers currently @ Outer Heaven in the Main RP will now have their RPs treated as Individual RPs from now until they are complete. As of today, if you are not in an RP @ Outer Heaven, you can no longer pick that as a location.

===//===

The next big update is the addition of a new Rank, dubbed Borderline. We discovered, somewhat by accident, that Miltank was in the Uncommon Rank for the Park while being Hard for the Story section. Deciding it was considerably less work to get Hard-category Mon here at the Park, we created this new Borderline Rank for Hard-category Mon to try and even things out a little. I was admittedly surprised with how many Pokemon needed to be moved (whether up from Uncommon or down from Intermediate), and I'm glad the idea to make a new Rank was suggested.

The Borderline Rank has a MCR of 15,000 characters, 3,000 of which can be removed by the Fragrances available at the Park Shop.

===//===

Voice Discs have been altered slightly to reflect the new Rank as well as to make them more useful. Discs now have a 15% chance of working instead of 10%, and their prices are now:

Common- $4,000
    Uncommon- $5,000
    Borderline- $6,000
    Intermediate- $7,000
    Blank- $5,000

===//===

Another change made to accommodate the new Rank was to change up the probability for encountering each rank. The new probabilities are:

1-5 = Common
    6-9 = Uncommon
    10-13 = Borderline
    14-16 = Intermediate
    17-18= Rare
    19 = Special
    20 = Legend

===//===

Finally, this was agreed on some time ago, but I've only just remembered to make it official. Whenever a Trainer encounters a Legend in their runs, when the Pokemon or Trainer flees, the Trainer's current MCR IS NOT reset! Legend encounter MCR is added to what the Trainer currently has. This is because a Trainer has no chance or option to catch a Legend; therefore, it is unfair to take away the MCR for something they cannot control and have no chance to take with them from the Park.

Quick example: Trainer Paul has 3,000k MCR before running into a Celebi. After the encounter Celebi time-travels away, leaving Paul with 1,500 MCR. This is added to what Paul already has instead of overriding it, since Celebi cannot be captured. Therefore, if Paul decides to catch the next Pokemon he runs into after Celebi, he will have 4,500 MCR and not 1,500.

However, if a Trainer runs from a Pokemon they could have caught (or the Pokemon flees), then their MCR is reset.

If you're confused about this just contact me and I'll explain it more.

===//===

And I believe that's it! There will be a few more edits for the Locations list, since I have to redo the Map to reflect Heaven's removal and move a few more Pokemon around. Don't have time for any of that today, though, I've gotta go to bed before I implode from tiredness XD. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me, WinterVines, buoy, or Buzzer, since we were the ones who were present for most of the decisions at any given time.
    Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 28th September 2011 at 12:12 PM.

Default Re: Massive Revamp of the Park

Looks good. Go Ranger Team Go!
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

Good stuff. I will cut off my thumb and mail it to you in an upright position.

So I guess this makes me among the last people to be in Outer Heaven, lol... and since I can't see any sign of possibly leaving soon (I'MSOSORRYWINTERDON'TEATMYHEADCAUSEIPOSTSODARNSLOW), I can prolly end up being the last to leave... baha.

I FEEL COOL BEING THE ONLY PERSON WHO IS NO WHERE NEAR BEING A RANGER HERE. AWESOME. [/ramble]

Very nice additions Jess (and ranger team of course)! The Borderline group has been needed for awhile now imo, and I'm glad that you guys have added something that will work.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Very unhappy about the removal of Outer Heavens, but w/e. Love the new rank, though.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    So I guess this makes me among the last people to be in Outer Heaven, lol... and since I can't see any sign of possibly leaving soon (I'MSOSORRYWINTERDON'TEATMYHEADCAUSEIPOSTSODARNSLOW), I can prolly end up being the last to leave... baha.

I FEEL COOL BEING THE ONLY PERSON WHO IS NO WHERE NEAR BEING A RANGER HERE. AWESOME. [/ramble]
    Actually I think you were still probably there when we blew it up meaning you were caught in the explosion, so now you have an excuse to take a very very long time to post, but meh, you coulda just got my Aerodactyl, but you had to be all "imma catch my own" three months ago >_>. But hey that's a whole different story, and a different rambling thing for a different time.

I want the record to show I slightly helped with this stuff, but then left for lunch, but then came back and found like 8 mons were still in the wrong rank, tsk, where would you people be without me?
    Last edited by Ebail; 1st September 2011 at 01:22 PM.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841
    Stats or something

Blog Entries

Glad to see you nubs have blown up an area of the Park the second I disappear. You shall all feel my wrath.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ebail View Post
    I want the record to show I slightly helped with this stuff, but then left for lunch, but then came back and found like 8 mons were still in the wrong rank, tsk, where would you people be without me?
    What this guy said.

Trophies

I was going to RP in the outer heavens next ;-;

Dude, Nietzsche would've loved this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes. View Post
    I was going to RP in the outer heavens next ;-;
    Well now you don't need too. One problem solved :)

If people are unhappy, they can blame me for pushing it.
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

I blame the schools.

The poachers made us ;-;