General Park Discussion/Feedback/Questions - Page 58
Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 909

Thread: General Park Discussion/Feedback/Questions

  1. #856

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    How does one begin a run in this so-called "National Park".

    urpg

  2. #857
    He Sees You... Dog of Hellsing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    1,940
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    Well first you take the puddin' 'n' ya put it in the bowl 'n' ya add the milk 'n' then ya mix it 'n' then ya put the puddin' in the puddin' pop mold for the puddin' pop...

    Oh wait...

    First go make a Trainer SU and once it gets accepted, buy urself some BALLS from the Park Shop, and maybe a few other things if so inclined like Lava Cookies or PokeDolls. Then you decide if you wanna do a Main RP (other peoples' actions can affect your run) or an Individual RP (other peoples' actions WON'T affect your run). You can also do a Team Run with another person, and they can be done in the Main or Individual RPs too. THEN you decide what area you want to go to, fill out the application form and post it and then wait for a Ranger to take your run.

    If you need I can just link you to stuff, btw XD.

  3. #858
    Virbank Gym Leader WinterVines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,916

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    @GliscorMan; @TheProtobabe; @Dinobot; @Ataro; @Dog of Hellsing; @ChainReaction01; @Crossover; @Akinai; @Sky Lark;

    To anyone that hasn't updated their Event Logs, have them done by Sunday the 14th Eastern Standard Time or you won't get paid. That's like five days from now, so it's plenty of time. Hop to it!
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

  4. #859
    Gouda Gorilla Albino Cheesemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    38
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    Can a pokemon's nature change upon evolution? Because that makes complete sense to me, and allows another aspect to Role-Play.

  5. #860
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,970
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Albino Cheesemonkey View Post
    Can a pokemon's nature change upon evolution? Because that makes complete sense to me, and allows another aspect to Role-Play.
    That's an interesting concept, but the current stance is that the Pokemon's Nature is permanent once it is decided.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  6. #861
    Gouda Gorilla Albino Cheesemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    38
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Albino Cheesemonkey View Post
    Can a pokemon's nature change upon evolution? Because that makes complete sense to me, and allows another aspect to Role-Play.
    That's an interesting concept, but the current stance is that the Pokemon's Nature is permanent once it is decided.
    I find that to be incredibly unfortunate :/
    I would have loved to begin with a young Pokémon that is perhaps quirky, impish, or naive and then, once evolved, becomes a bit more "well trained".

    I know that, in the games, natures a permanent, but it seems that many Pokémon in the Anime tend to go through a maturing process as they evolve.

    Edit: (Rant Continued
    Permanent natures are very disappointing to me, and in truth have kinda lessened my interest in the National Park.
    I'll still do it eventually, though. I guess. I just wanted to play with my Psyduck being super "young" before evolving it into a more "mature" Golduck, and I can't express enough how dissatisfied that I am that I can't do this because my Psyduck's nature being the same as my future Golduck.

    EDIT (i.e. Rant Continued):
    And that is not even the beginning imagine these scenarios:
    • A basic Pokémon knows that it is weak and is incredibly shy or lonely as a result. Evolves into something stronger that has more confidence.
    • A basic Pokémon follows a trainer without question. Evolves into something more powerful and now sees trainer as weak.
    • A basic Pokémon is incredibly care-free and jolly. Evolves into a more experienced, skeptical Pokémon.

    And so on and so forth. Sure, this could be somewhat role-played, but with a single, permanent nature the actual results in-battle (from what I've read in the encyclopedia) may not change.

    Somebody PLEASE tell me I am wrong here and that I am just a newbie that is misinterpreting the mechanics of the National Park.
    Please?
    Last edited by Albino Cheesemonkey; 15th April 2013 at 04:43 PM.

  7. #862
    Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,544

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Albino Cheesemonkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Albino Cheesemonkey View Post
    Can a pokemon's nature change upon evolution? Because that makes complete sense to me, and allows another aspect to Role-Play.
    That's an interesting concept, but the current stance is that the Pokemon's Nature is permanent once it is decided.
    I find that to be incredibly unfortunate :/
    I would have loved to begin with a young Pokémon that is perhaps quirky, impish, or naive and then, once evolved, becomes a bit more "well trained".

    I know that, in the games, natures a permanent, but it seems that many Pokémon in the Anime tend to go through a maturing process as they evolve.

    Edit: (Rant Continued
    Permanent natures are very disappointing to me, and in truth have kinda lessened my interest in the National Park.
    I'll still do it eventually, though. I guess. I just wanted to play with my Psyduck being super "young" before evolving it into a more "mature" Golduck, and I can't express enough how dissatisfied that I am that I can't do this because my Psyduck's nature being the same as my future Golduck.

    EDIT (i.e. Rant Continued):
    And that is not even the beginning imagine these scenarios:
    • A basic Pokémon knows that it is weak and is incredibly shy or lonely as a result. Evolves into something stronger that has more confidence.
    • A basic Pokémon follows a trainer without question. Evolves into something more powerful and now sees trainer as weak.
    • A basic Pokémon is incredibly care-free and jolly. Evolves into a more experienced, skeptical Pokémon.

    And so on and so forth. Sure, this could be somewhat role-played, but with a single, permanent nature the actual results in-battle (from what I've read in the encyclopedia) may not change.

    Somebody PLEASE tell me I am wrong here and that I am just a newbie that is misinterpreting the mechanics of the National Park.
    Please?
    No, the way Natures work is that when you obtain a Pokemon through a story, the PokeMart, an auction, etc you choose the Nature and it is permanent.

    However, I can see the validity of your argument, and you are right in that allowing Nature change upon evolution would allow for more roleplaying depth. The good news is that in the URPG, Natures have no effect upon battles or contests, they are mostly a Park aspect. This means that there is a good chance that this can be changed. Post this suggestion in the Trainer's Court and if there are no stringent detractors then we can implement this change into the Park.

    For now, though, there is no way to change a Nature once you have selected it. Except for the rare Aprijuice Drink item - that allows you to change a Pokemon's Nature, but it is unpurchase-able and only obtainable through special events. Perhaps someone has a spare one they can donate to you if you need one immediately.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

    "ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

  8. #863
    Gouda Gorilla Albino Cheesemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    38
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post

    No, the way Natures work is that when you obtain a Pokemon through a story, the PokeMart, an auction, etc you choose the Nature and it is permanent.

    However, I can see the validity of your argument, and you are right in that allowing Nature change upon evolution would allow for more roleplaying depth. The good news is that in the URPG, Natures have no effect upon battles or contests, they are mostly a Park aspect. This means that there is a good chance that this can be changed. Post this suggestion in the Trainer's Court and if there are no stringent detractors then we can implement this change into the Park.

    For now, though, there is no way to change a Nature once you have selected it. Except for the rare Aprijuice Drink item - that allows you to change a Pokemon's Nature, but it is unpurchase-able and only obtainable through special events. Perhaps someone has a spare one they can donate to you if you need one immediately.
    Thank you for the response.
    I'll solidify the argument and make a post in the Trainer's Court sometime later tonight.

  9. #864
    Merry Chrithmath! VoltChen Magneton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    48
    Follow VoltChen Magneton On Twitter Add VoltChen Magneton on Facebook

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    Could someone help me decide?

    What should I pick? The Woods, or the Great Lakes?I am looking for something that has easy environments. I couldn't pick the Gardens because I already tried it.
    DAEHYUN: OH MY GOD YOUR KNEES'S SO LOW MY SHIP COULD BUTTER TEN GIRLS OH WOAH
    ~SEOHYUN~
    URPG STATS! Claimed Dusknoir! Leppa Berry! Exp. Share! Pick Up! Parting Shot! Petalburg Woods Forums!

  10. #865
    Virbank Gym Leader WinterVines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,916

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Magneton View Post
    Could someone help me decide?

    What should I pick? The Woods, or the Great Lakes?I am looking for something that has easy environments. I couldn't pick the Gardens because I already tried it.
    The Woods and Lakes are both pretty basic, depending on which Ranger you get of course. I would make them even, regardless. I would pick an area depending on which mons you'd like more from them - the Lakes has some great trade bait even if you don't want them yourself. The Woods has a few marts. I would vote the Lakes.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

  11. #866
    He Sees You... Dog of Hellsing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    1,940
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Magneton View Post
    Could someone help me decide?

    What should I pick? The Woods, or the Great Lakes?I am looking for something that has easy environments. I couldn't pick the Gardens because I already tried it.
    /late reply is late

    If you ever have that pesky predicament of not being able to choose where to go, there's always the Ruins :D. I honestly would suggest deciding on a location based on what you want is. If you want stuff from several places, you could always roll a die to decide. Or go to the Ruins :D.

  12. #867

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    So I'm thinking of starting up an Individual RP soon...wouldn't be opposed to it being in the Main section with somebody else, but I have a very elaborate plan for the role-play, and I don't know if me controlling the general direction of the run would mesh well with everyone else. BUT ANYWAY I'm also going to get back into battling so I can evolve the Pokémon I have left over from before into their final stages.

    Say I bring my Shelgon into the Park with me in the sign-up thread, and then due to the battles I had outside the Park, it evolves into a Salamence. Can I, like...anime-style evolve it in the Park, or does it stay as a Shelgon until the run is over, wherein it is considered a Salamence for every other run after that?

    (Sorry if this has already been answered before...didn't have the energy to sift through 58 pages to look for it, lol.)

  13. #868
    (See what? Hear what?) Akinai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nothing and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,871

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood-Guest View Post
    So I'm thinking of starting up an Individual RP soon...wouldn't be opposed to it being in the Main section with somebody else, but I have a very elaborate plan for the role-play, and I don't know if me controlling the general direction of the run would mesh well with everyone else. BUT ANYWAY I'm also going to get back into battling so I can evolve the Pokémon I have left over from before into their final stages.

    Say I bring my Shelgon into the Park with me in the sign-up thread, and then due to the battles I had outside the Park, it evolves into a Salamence. Can I, like...anime-style evolve it in the Park, or does it stay as a Shelgon until the run is over, wherein it is considered a Salamence for every other run after that?

    (Sorry if this has already been answered before...didn't have the energy to sift through 58 pages to look for it, lol.)
    When a Pokemon is brought into the park, they are effectively "frozen in time," meaning they cannot evolve in the run.


  14. #869

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Akinai View Post
    When a Pokemon is brought into the park, they are effectively "frozen in time," meaning they cannot evolve in the run.
    Mmkay, I figured as much. Just wanted to confirm it. Thanks, Akinai. ^^

  15. #870
    Virbank Gym Leader WinterVines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,916

    Default Re: National Park General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood-Guest View Post

    Mmkay, I figured as much. Just wanted to confirm it. Thanks, Akinai. ^^
    If you want to continue the run you have ongoing in Oktori right now, you're more than welcome to since Team Runs split up all the time. Conversely, if you want to start a new run, let me know as well so I can end your current one before you start another, since you can only be on one at a time.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •