Gather 'round, children. The Winter Writing Competition is about to commence...!
Here we are again, folks. As the days become shorter and the weather becomes colder, us writer-folk have but one available action - write. Our imagination provides the entertainment and our computers provide the heat necessary to brute through these harsh months. The ultimate combination of writing and hot chocolate creates an explosion of creativity, and now is your chance to hone that raw power in hopes of obtaining glory and fame throughout the URPG! So grab your metaphorical pen and paper and prepare to catch some Pokemon!
- Story submissions are open from uhh, now, to 11:59 PM on December 31st, PST. Only stories that have been posted during this time frame can be entered.
- Only one story can be submitted to the WWC. You can post however many stories you want during this period, but you can only enter one of them into the competition. Please indicate which story you're entering by including [WWC] somewhere in the thread title for the convenience of the judges!
- Your entry can be no longer than 150,000 characters.
- You must be a member of the URPG to participate in the WWC. Simple enough, and if you aren't yet a member of URPG but still wish to participate, sign up!
- You must be a member of the URPG to vote. Again, if you wish to vote but aren't yet a URPG member, sign up!
- Remember, this is a writing contest, not a popularity contest. Vote for your favorite story within the round, and not your favorite person. Creativity and mastery of the pen will win you this competition!
- Unless otherwise specified, voters will be given $3000 for voting in each round. If you vote in all the rounds, there might even be a special prize!
- If your story is featured in a round, you can still vote! It's actually suggested, seeing as you'll get an extra three points for voting in the same round your story is featured in! Just don't vote for yourself - that would be awkward.
- Voting time frame and total rounds will be announced once the submission window is closed.
- When voting, please send me a private message indicating which stories you liked best. List them in order of your favorite to least favorite, and provide a tally for the rank. The story you liked best would receive 3 points, the story after that would receive 2, and so on (if there are more than 3 stories per round, please only include your top 3 favorites). At the end of the voting session, the story with the highest combined points will be declared the winner of that round and will move onto the final round.
- Please include a summary of the stories in the round in your private message. This proves that you read all the stories and aren't cheating or anything! Example below, for those who would like to see it!
Originally Posted by PM from an avid URPG member and reader
All that you hungry monkeys care about anyway...
1st Place: a temporary Legendary Pokemon of your choosing, lasting for one year, and $10,000! IMPORTANT NOTE: Prize is subject to be bumped up to a permanent legendary, depending on total amount of entries.
2nd Place: a Complex Pokemon of your choosing and $8,000!
3rd Place: a Hard Pokemon of your choosing and $5,000!
All prizes are subject to change based on amount of entries.
The writing spirit is strong in these URPG greats, and may they bless this competition with their literary powers!
4. Jack of Clovers
6. Neo Pikachu
8. Pokemon Trainer Sarah
14. Phantom Kat
24. YOUR TOOTHBRUSH?
And with those guidelines, off you go! Write like the chilly winter wind, and bring honor to URPG! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!