URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 96

Page 96 of 195 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2924
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

I'mma recommend my favorite style... A main scene broken up by progression of a past situation in small, unintelligible chunks that become clear by the end.
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

kers x alaska x zak x derian x scourge x ireign

Quote Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post

Any suggestions, folks?
    I agree with Scourge for the most part. You could just skip the whole raising bit until the kid is older, and then when he's doing random things, like eating, you can do flashbacks to show the first steps towards getting used to things like that. Or something.

Or you could just do small sections and break them up to seem like a time lapse.

Either way would work I guess. And I'm assuming it's going to be just one story, or is it going to be chapters?
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge of Nemo View Post
    I'mma recommend my favorite style... A main scene broken up by progression of a past situation in small, unintelligible chunks that become clear by the end.
    Like LOST only at the end it will make sense. Incidently can we post a link to our stories if we are looking for comments and feedback as well as a grader

Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
    Like LOST only at the end it will make sense. Incidently can we post a link to our stories if we are looking for comments and feedback as well as a grader
    Certainly you can; it's a lot easier for me, personally, to give snippets of advice on a story than commit to a full grade.
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
    Exactly. You should make your character travel sideways in time and be a cop for some reason. Also, hes the personification of good(?) OH AND HOT PEOPLE WALKING AROUND WITH NO SHIRTS ON. EPIC.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

In a dark, cold box, and unsure why I'm here...

Question for a senior grader: to what extent must I write my story so that the pokemon in my story gets captured?

What I mean, simply, is what can I do besides say "and the trained asked the scyther if he wanted to go on his adventure with him," or "and the trainer waited with anticipation as the pokeball giggled softly on the ground,"?

Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar

It seems, as far as I know, that you can continue with a story after the Pokemon being captured, if it's important to the plot; so long as you don't assume that you, the URPG player, has captured the Pokemon. For instance, I wouldn't have a problem if someone caught a Pokemon in the midst of an adventure, used it to solve it, and took it back to the Pokemon Prof. afterwards who decided if they were going to be able to keep it.

I'm not really a very senior grader, though, so take that as you will.
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    Exactly. You should make your character travel sideways in time and be a cop for some reason. Also, hes the personification of good(?) OH AND HOT PEOPLE WALKING AROUND WITH NO SHIRTS ON. EPIC.
    Is that not your suggestion for any story ever written?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeferin View Post
    Question for a senior grader: to what extent must I write my story so that the pokemon in my story gets captured?

What I mean, simply, is what can I do besides say "and the trained asked the scyther if he wanted to go on his adventure with him," or "and the trainer waited with anticipation as the pokeball giggled softly on the ground,"?
    Captures can be as loose and metaphorical as you can imagine, as long as you pull it off within the writing. I captured a Magikarp by writing a story about a jungle savage that ate it alive... One of my characters receives a Pokémon in the mail, and proceeds to use it for the remainder of the story--there is no capture situation, but it is one of my "captures." I captured my Gastly and my Murkrow by making them lose all hope for change in their lives, and by killing off their "savior." One of my Pokémon only semi-showed up within the story when the soul of my character left his body... Et cetera et cetera. You really can do anything. You just gotta make it work.
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

Captures can be as loose and metaphorical as you can imagine, as long as you pull it off within the writing. I captured a Magikarp by writing a story about a jungle savage that ate it alive... One of my characters receives a Pokémon in the mail, and proceeds to use it for the remainder of the story--there is no capture situation, but it is one of my "captures." I captured my Gastly and my Murkrow by making them lose all hope for change in their lives, and by killing off their "savior." One of my Pokémon only semi-showed up within the story when the soul of my character left his body... Et cetera et cetera. You really can do anything. You just gotta make it work.

Though they don't have to be as... brutal or as disturbing as Scourge's methods. I think her emotional themes are unique to her style of writing.

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    Though they don't have to be as... brutal or as disturbing as Scourge's methods. I think her emotional themes are unique to her style of writing.
    OKAY YOU KNOW WHAT

It's true. You could capture them by, uh, taking them for a successful day at the spa, or buying them a nice ribbon... if you want.... >_>;
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

taking them for a successful day at the spa
    DOING IT

Quote Originally Posted by Zeferin View Post

What scourgy over there said, but do anything. Any kind of person/pokemon/being/life form/object you want that goes through some kind of conflict that is different than a normal 'trainer goes to forest and finds a pokemon- WOW' like on the top of my head uh... survivor story of a man who gets stranded on an island, or in the middle of the ocean, or in the outback of the auzzy desert (a story I'm actually doing hehe), or like uhm... a civil war story of a Pokemon nation that split into two separate nations and at the end find out that they are Kanto and Johto. Or something else, you know, whatevs.

HEY GUYS. Since grading is so slow, I propose we have a contest to get people to grade more. Whoever can grade the most stories in two weeks (without getting any weak grades) wins. Or something else along those lines. I just think between about 5 or 6 of us, we could get a lot of stories graded.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    HEY GUYS. Since grading is so slow, I propose we have a contest to get people to grade more. Whoever can grade the most stories in two weeks (without getting any weak grades) wins. Or something else along those lines. I just think between about 5 or 6 of us, we could get a lot of stories graded.

That's an interesting idea. Perhaps we can award two main prizes. One for BMG and One for PE2K.