Page 95 of 195 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2921
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Blog Entries

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post
    lol@ double post

So, we've got NaNoWriMo coming up here rather shortly. It's what, 10k words? I think it's a great chance for us to go for those Demanding mons that we all know we want, assuming 5 chars per word. Who's with me, now?
    I have no idea what you're saying except it's here so it must be about stories, speaking of which I'm in the process of writing a Mawile story. FIRST ONE IN BMG YUZSSS!

Quote Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post
    lol@ double post

So, we've got NaNoWriMo coming up here rather shortly. It's what, 10k words? I think it's a great chance for us to go for those Demanding mons that we all know we want, assuming 5 chars per word. Who's with me, now?
    I thought it was 50k words, but okay. XD
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

kers x alaska x zak x derian x scourge x ireign

Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar

National Novel Writing Month; it's November. It was arbitrarily decided by a bunch of folks that we needed a month for people to try and write that novel they kick around in their heads; I don't know if it's just popular in the US or whatever.
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

NaNoWriMo is 50k words. I tried last year, got about 2k words. >.<

On that note, I really need to start writing/grading again. Maybe I'll go after one of the Library emblems...

Quote Originally Posted by Elrond 2.0 View Post
    NaNoWriMo is 50k words. I tried last year, got about 2k words. >.<

On that note, I really need to start writing/grading again. Maybe I'll go after one of the Library emblems...
    Yeah, I never actually bothered to see how much it was; I'm also at work, which limits what I can look up. If we all go for it, everyone will be focused on long stories rather than short ones, which will help us get the grading backlog knocked out >_>
    Evan F's Stats

Now that I think about it, it'd be fun to have a sort of URPG NaNoWriMo. Everyone has a month in which to write a story of a certain length (obviously, 50k is a bit much), but since we're not trying to beat other people, the focus would simply be on length rather than quality. Everyone who reaches the goal (with a few simple guidelines... like the story has to make sense, so so you you can't can't just just write write everything everything twice twice and and double double the the length length of of your your story story really really easily easily) gets a cookie... and maybe something small. Very small. But the nice thing is, if the length goal was fairly high, you could still fix up your stories later and get a high-category Pokemon through the normal process... but you'd already have most of the important stuff done.
    Last edited by Elrond 2.0; 28th October 2010 at 03:53 PM.

Blog Entries

^ And that could tie in nicely with my big-ass story I'm writing, and will hopefully finish xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kaioo View Post
    ^ And that could tie in nicely with my big-ass story I'm writing, and will hopefully finish xD
    But you're supposed to write the entire story during the given time period, silly.

...That's how the real thing works, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge of Nemo View Post
    But I practically gave you a sideways go ahead! Darn you, rule-abiding people.
    lol...Well, I can see how it is kinda pushing the envelope a bit, but if you really want me to....

I'll see if I can fit another one in some significant role. If not, maybe I'll test my luck. Or not. Pretty sure Alaska would okay it if she liked it, but she mentioned something about you not really wanting her to grade long stories...

Also, a URPG NaNo would be amazing if I wasn't already doing one for real. I only made half way last year before work and school buried me.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

I need to install Microsoft Word on this damn laptop. Also, I assume that National Novel Writing Month is in November cause its too friggin cold to do anything else. I will, however, write a long story so depressing and creepy it would drive most normal human beings to suicide. You're all used to my writing though, so you should be safe.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

@WinterVines: xP I told her to focus on smaller stories to work on her grading skills. If she wants to grade longer stories, she can.
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

kers x alaska x zak x derian x scourge x ireign

XD Well, if she wanted to I guess. She'd probably take one look at the length and pale though. Maybe. I kinda do when I think of how much of the story I need to get down yet... I have a habit of not being able to write anything short.
    URPG Stats

Quote Originally Posted by WinterVines View Post
    I have a habit of not being able to write anything short.
    NO WAY, same problem. Kinda makes it hard to get easy URPG mons 'cause you know you're gonna end up writing like 100000000k for a Magikarp. And then you just kinda give up because you know you haven't got time to write 100000000k.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrond 2.0 View Post
    NO WAY, same problem. Kinda makes it hard to get easy URPG mons 'cause you know you're gonna end up writing like 100000000k for a Magikarp. And then you just kinda give up because you know you haven't got time to write 100000000k.
    Exactly. I've taken way too long to hash this thing out as it is, and then I keep making it longer with other stuff. Granted the other stuff makes it better, but still :/ Makes it hard to get anything done. I'm glad I added extra mons to this one as it was, or else it would've been a waste of characters D:
    URPG Stats

So I'm wanting to write an Absol story, and I need a little help with it. My current plan is a group of them, on a mountain, overlooking a town in the midst of a large festival, with music and lanterns everywhere. Their horns glow as a large meteor enters the atmosphere, and breaks up; most of the pieces fall in the town, causing widespread destruction. One of the Absol, hearing a baby's cries, runs into the town, puts him on its back, and runs back out; it then raises the boy as it would one of its own pups for a couple years.

I'd like to do sort of a montage type thing for the raising year or two; showing the slow adaptation of the child to their lifestyle, as his clothes become more ragged, he gets used to the taste of the turnips they eat, things like that. I can't figure out a good way to do that which flows with the story, however. Either I'd have to do a series of small scenes, with each one breaking up the story, or wave my hand and have everything blur by, missing some of the fun details.

Any suggestions, folks?
    Evan F's Stats