URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 87

Page 87 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2921
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

I should go write a story for 20 Easiest mons. But then I'd probably tell myself to add more to it at night, then forget about it during the day.

Anyway, anyone wanna grade my Burmy story? *shot*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Nope, there is no maximun

This is from the Respect Hall "Most Pokémon caught in a single story: DaRkUmBrEoN (18)"

The only thing there will be is a long waiting period.
    I could so beat that... if I wanted a fuckton of Karps.

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

SWC entry is almost done, then I will hopefully finish the grader test.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I had this idea, but I am not sure if it'll really work. You know how in The Spriters Sanctuary, they do contests where you make a sprite or something, and if yours is the best, you win a banner? Well, I had an idea for contests that URPG story writers could do. So they could make a blog or a thread or something, and after they post a new story or part of a series, they could do a quiz question or something. People can submit their answers, and those that get it correct go in the draw to win a story deal from that person for a certain levelled Pokemon.

So, do you think this can work?

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    I had this idea, but I am not sure if it'll really work. You know how in The Spriters Sanctuary, they do contests where you make a sprite or something, and if yours is the best, you win a banner? Well, I had an idea for contests that URPG story writers could do. So they could make a blog or a thread or something, and after they post a new story or part of a series, they could do a quiz question or something. People can submit their answers, and those that get it correct go in the draw to win a story deal from that person for a certain levelled Pokemon.

Interesting. Could work, but what would the quiz question be about? My suggestions would be: themes, like what is the character's motivation for doing a certain act; inspiration, like what do you think the author was trying to emulate; "the next thing," where a writer would write a whole story, but only post up to a certain point, then present the contestant with a "what do you think will happen next" question; and maybe even a "finish the work," where again, the writer only presents a certain part of the story, but the contestant writes the conclusion, and the writer decides which one she/he likes best.

All in all, I'd be up for it.

"A vampire with a soul? Oh my God ... how lame is that?" - Buffy Summers [S6x08]

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by sorocoroto View Post
    Interesting. Could work, but what would the quiz question be about? My suggestions would be: themes, like what is the character's motivation for doing a certain act; inspiration, like what do you think the author was trying to emulate; "the next thing," where a writer would write a whole story, but only post up to a certain point, then present the contestant with a "what do you think will happen next" question; and maybe even a "finish the work," where again, the writer only presents a certain part of the story, but the contestant writes the conclusion, and the writer decides which one she/he likes best.

From an objective standpoint, I think these are good ideas. However, they remind me way too much of Year 12 English, and I therefore have no choice but to hate and despise them. Sorry :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    From an objective standpoint, I think these are good ideas. However, they remind me way too much of Year 12 English, and I therefore have no choice but to hate and despise them. Sorry :)
    lol That's Fair. I mean if it a quiz about writing, I think English class is a good place to start.

"A vampire with a soul? Oh my God ... how lame is that?" - Buffy Summers [S6x08]

Hmmm. I actually like this, as a non-official sort of thing. There are a lot of problems with it (moderating question level, making sure the story deals are finished and graded, trades for the author, et cetera). We story guys'd have to moderate more than a little, to make sure there's nothing too underhanded going on. Maybe there would be a cap on Story 'Mon level. But, I'm sure people would be interested...
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

kers x alaska x zak x derian x scourge x ireign

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge of Nemo View Post
    Hmmm. I actually like this, as a non-official sort of thing. There are a lot of problems with it (moderating question level, making sure the story deals are finished and graded, trades for the author, et cetera). We story guys'd have to moderate more than a little, to make sure there's nothing too underhanded going on. Maybe there would be a cap on Story 'Mon level. But, I'm sure people would be interested...
    I know I am! It would be a bonus for everybody. Although, the deal mons' level should match the difficulty of the question.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by sorocoroto View Post

I kind of like this idea and Nemo's about the caps. My only question is; what's stopping people now from doing story deals?

I mean, a story deal isn't a nice fancy prize if you can already go up to that person (assuming they do the quiz in all knowledge they'd have to do a story deal with someone) and asking them?

However, it might bring some more activity to the story section (however again again, it could be a bad thing due to all the back-lag of ungraded stories), HOWEVER maybe it'll bring people to become graders and we'd have more. -coughcough I know, I'm on it coughcough-

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post
    HOWEVER maybe it'll bring people to become graders and we'd have more. -coughcough I know, I'm on it coughcough-
    You and me both.

Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    I know I am! It would be a bonus for everybody. Although, the deal mons' level should match the difficulty of the question.
    Yeah, I was considering that... If there were a true system, throwaway questions shouldn't get Complex Mon Story Deals. I almost want to say "go ahead and do this; it's up to the writers. If something goes wrong, I will personally tear your stomach lining out through your esophagus. If it all goes fine, well, fine then." But I'll talk to Kat and Taras about it.
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

kers x alaska x zak x derian x scourge x ireign

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I am glad you all like the idea :D If I can just quickly comment on some stuff:
    - I wasn't thinking of doing challenge ones like "Complete the story" or "What happens next?" ones. It is meant to be more of a quiz, but for the Complex Pokemon, I think throwing in a "Why do you think/what do you think" questions might be good
    - I think the number of questions could help determine the level of Pokemon offered. If we have a quiz of twenty questions, that could offer a Hard or Complex Pokemon

I could make a mock of how a pretend competition could run.

I am glad you all like the idea :D If I can just quickly comment on some stuff:
    - I wasn't thinking of doing challenge ones like "Complete the story" or "What happens next?" ones. It is meant to be more of a quiz, but for the Complex Pokemon, I think throwing in a "Why do you think/what do you think" questions might be good
    - I think the number of questions could help determine the level of Pokemon offered. If we have a quiz of twenty questions, that could offer a Hard or Complex Pokemon

I could make a mock of how a pretend competition could run.
    Or, we could have one big quiz over multiple stories maybe? Winner gets like 10k, or like some kind of coupon, or maybe a medium level pokemon or lower? (questions like 'what happened to the main character in this part of this story?' and because those kinds of questions are so easily obtainable some prize would only be so big [as in small :'P])

Otherwise if it was like 'Quiz, what happened here, and did he/she/it do when he/she/it did this?' are kind of pointless in the idea that someone could just scroll through the story, read the question, and find the answer and such. And those 'what would happen next' questions would solve it.

But to be honest, I think a complex level mon is WAY too high for anything like this. MAYBE hard mon if you get a lot of those 'what would happen next' questions right. Otherwise, obtaining these pokemon would be easier and easier to get, and we don't want a NP problem here in the story section, that'd be catastrophic to the URPG, BECAUSE ONLINE POGEYMANZ GAMEZ R SRZUZ BZNZ. (But it would be a big problem)

Trophies
    Blog Entries

That is a fair point. A Medium Mon would be a bit too small though if it was a big quiz. Maybe it could be optional what the people choose: the top prize could be some money + either a Hard mon, a coupon for taking some characters off or maybe a Daycare voucher, or something like that