Page 85 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2921
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

One who waits

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by xXSlaveXx View Post
    Shattered Memories

Would be great for some advice, gave it a good shot. About a guy waking up in a hospital finding himself and dealing with weaknesses that got him there.
    Hmmm... I read this; I thought it was pretty intriguing. I feel like I got a pretty good sense for who the Characters are, their personalities and such. I thought probably the thing that I wanted most though was More. More information, names, details, reasons, emotions. I didn't even realize that this took place in a world where Pokemon existed until near the end of the segment. While there were a lot of things I felt like I wanted to know that I didn't, leaving people wanting more can be a great strength to your story. It builds suspense. I felt like I wanted to read on, so yeah.

Thanks man I wasn't expecting anyone to read it haha. Thanks for the feedback it's great to know you like it I will most certainly elaborate in some parts to add in some more length :D

One who waits

Your welcome! lol, I don't have a ton of time to spend on a computer, but I anticipate that I'll be spending most of what unstructured time I do have reading stories, and possibly commenting on them if it looks like it would be appropriate.

Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Candid Etude View Post
    Your welcome! lol, I don't have a ton of time to spend on a computer, but I anticipate that I'll be spending most of what unstructured time I do have reading stories, and possibly commenting on them if it looks like it would be appropriate.
    Comment away; in this thread is probably the best place for it, so that it won't bump post order or date. If the writer asks for it in their story thread, by all means, oblige them.
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

Okay, I've been on the URPG since the BMG branch was formed, but I still have several HUGE ASS questions about stories, that everyone seems to give me different answers to. I'd like the reply to be from somebody thats been here grading a while as well, so no offense, but this isn't an opinion thing, newbies. I WANT ANSWERS.

1) Does a Pokemon need to be captured in the story in order for the story to pass?

I've written a few stories where it hasn't and had them passed, but I continue to see people saying you must have some sort of capture in the story.

2) Is it all right to capture the Pokemon in the story?

This is another one I wanted answered. I actually had to redo part of the plot of one of my older stories, because I was told I couldn't capture my targeted Pokemon in the story. So I had to change it around....

3) Do we have to grade exactly like the format posted in the grader's section/thread/thingy?

I'm interested in experimenting with the grading format and I actually have MiloticQueen's permission to try out my idea while grading her story. I'm going to keep it mostly the same, but I wanted to try out some new stuff.....
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    Okay, I've been on the URPG since the BMG branch was formed, but I still have several HUGE ASS questions about stories, that everyone seems to give me different answers to. I'd like the reply to be from somebody thats been here grading a while as well, so no offense, but this isn't an opinion thing, newbies. I WANT ANSWERS.

1) Does a Pokemon need to be captured in the story in order for the story to pass?

No, it doesn't have to end with "And then I threw the Pokeball and it wriggled and the end... You can end it with a request(Like PMD stories, which typically end with 'join us'?), and while I haven't seen a story that didnt follow this trend, I'm almost certain you can do it without a physical "capture"

2) Is it all right to capture the Pokemon in the story?

Of course, I've seen stories that continued after the attempted capture. If you feel you can make the Post-capture part meaningful in the same section, feel free to, I certainly wouldn't penalize you for it.

3) Do we have to grade exactly like the format posted in the grader's section/thread/thingy?

That formula's the reccommended format, but I'm sure as long as you cover the details that make a story, you can grade it however you like.
    K, so, that's my input, but this might be different depending on which grader you ask.

From the grading info thread:

“Johnny threw the Pokeball at the Pokemon, watched it become sucked in and fall to the ground, wiggling back and forth...” All stories need to end with the Pokeball wiggling or something to that effect. If the writer physically catches the Pokemon, simply inform them that it’s your job to decide. Don’t mark down for it.

This seems to have been morphed to the much less restrictive 'Don't add the Pokemon to your stats until you're told the story was successful.' There are a lot of stories that don't follow the traditional anime episode, and I don't think we want to discourage that.

As to format, from the same thread:

"Use whatever format you would like but make sure you point out some of the areas listed above. You may also use numbers if you want but I don’t think it’s a good idea to base a grade off of numbers."
    Evan F's Stats

1. No.
    2. Yes.
    3. No.
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

kers x alaska x zak x derian x scourge x ireign

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge of Nemo View Post
    1. No.
    2. Yes.
    3. No.
    This is what I was looking for. THANK YOU!
    我正在学中文

This is what I was looking for. THANK YOU!
    Didn't you just grade my story for Kangaskhan where my capture method was Kanga beating the crap out of Myghtyena to save someone? :0

Also, if this question ever appears I like to use my 'Sacrifice' method, because it's cool (or at least I think it is :])

I was pretty sure, but I'd heard so many different things, so....
    我正在学中文

One who waits

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post
    Didn't you just grade my story for Kangaskhan where my capture method was Kanga beating the crap out of Myghtyena to save someone? :0

Also, if this question ever appears I like to use my 'Sacrifice' method, because it's cool (or at least I think it is :])
    ... Sacrifice method? *is interested*

Quote Originally Posted by Candid Etude View Post
    ... Sacrifice method? *is interested*
    Rip out its heart, thrust it to the sky, and scream 'Kali Maaaah!'
    Evan F's Stats

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post

You too? I thought I was the only one who sacrificed virgins to get the gods to answer my questions. Good to hear I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    You too? I thought I was the only one who sacrificed virgins to get the gods to answer my questions. Good to hear I'm not alone.
    Lol, mine was an insane dictator who made the tribal pokemon believe that she was god and had them sacrifice the nonbeliever. I didn't even think about mentioning she was a virgin :0.