URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 83

Page 83 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2921
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    We are just making some helpful suggestions, there is no need to bite our heads off. I am going to try taking the test, but I am just saying, it could be a bit shorter
    True, but as they're just saying: No, quit asking.

Sorry if I'm too blunt :'o

Well, I can tell you somewhere that I'm not

Thank you ZM. Thats exactly what I'm saying. We all know that it's taking forever to get graded and that the grading test is long but just give it more time, it'll be fixed. As everyone knows, things take longer on the forum.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge of Nemo View Post
    Yeah, a grade shouldn't take a half hour. :x I only read the stories all the way through once, and the most that takes me is fifteen minutes (and that's on a 90k fic)... but there's no way a thirty minute grade will be helpful for anyone other than a lower-class Medium capture.

And yeah, Synthesis, the grading test is one of the main factors that prevents certain people from becoming graders... but it's a main factor that we want to prevent people from becoming graders.

Also, lemme know how the reworking progress goes. Losing the grades does suck. xD
    Ah alright. I suppose that clarifies a few things. I was under the impression that you 100+k fic writers saw the test as easy xD

I'm thinking about one-shotting the grader test tonight. Not the best idea, but I usually don't have long enough periods on the Internet to actually get any work done. ?_?

Also, unrelated, I will have three stories (two Hard and a Complex) finished later on. So if anyone wants to grade them I'll PM/VM/IM you the links.

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Ah alright. I suppose that clarifies a few things. I was under the impression that you 100+k fic writers saw the test as easy xD

I'm thinking about one-shotting the grader test tonight. Not the best idea, but I usually don't have long enough periods on the Internet to actually get any work done. ?_?

Also, unrelated, I will have three stories (two Hard and a Complex) finished later on. So if anyone wants to grade them I'll PM/VM/IM you the links.
    Alright, tonight will be the night that I do it too. I am placing myself under oath. I do solemnly swear to finish my Grader Test sometime before noon tomorrow. Alright, take that procrastination.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    Alright, tonight will be the night that I do it too. I am placing myself under oath. I do solemnly swear to finish my Grader Test sometime before noon tomorrow. Alright, take that procrastination.
    Good luck with that. My dad's laptop broke a few hours ago so I'm stuck with using my iPod for Internet D:

I will definetly get around to it... eventually, as soon as my dad gets a replacement or a new laptop for me >_>

No, the test is supposed to be hard. It's supposed to be darned hard, actually. The point is that it's not impossible. If ya'll really wanna do the grading, there are two levels of testing: Ability and drive. We can see those both in your non-testy actions, but it takes a lot of interest to bother with that monster. There's not always that much dedication behind just forum commentary. We want to see action behind the desire to join up with the grading team. Hence, the test. WILLPOWER, FOLKS.

*steps off of soap box*

SO GO KILL IT. WITH A FOUNTAIN PEN.

Glad to see that you guys are going at it, now. :o
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

kers x alaska x zak x derian x scourge x ireign

Yay! We're gonna have new graders! And they will be stupid and try to grade 30 stories at first, then they won't do anything for a month. Oh my God, it's like Jurassic Park! A PATTERN IS EMERGING~
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge of Nemo View Post
    No, the test is supposed to be hard. It's supposed to be darned hard, actually. The point is that it's not impossible. If ya'll really wanna do the grading, there are two levels of testing: Ability and drive. We can see those both in your non-testy actions, but it takes a lot of interest to bother with that monster. There's not always that much dedication behind just forum commentary. We want to see action behind the desire to join up with the grading team. Hence, the test. WILLPOWER, FOLKS.

*steps off of soap box*

SO GO KILL IT. WITH A FOUNTAIN PEN.

Glad to see that you guys are going at it, now. :o
    Well if you are looking for drive, I probably failed already. =P
    But seriously, I am working on it right now. Making good progress.

Blog Entries

I have a quick question: would a fairy-tail-like story be allowed? Meaning that specific type and style of story as a semi-vague and moral-teaching and possibly a little dark/morbid type of story. I'd love to write one as my first story, but I wasn't sure if there are any limits other than using Pokemon in them.

Thanks in advanced!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Shoe View Post
    I have a quick question: would a fairy-tail-like story be allowed? Meaning that specific type and style of story as a semi-vague and moral-teaching and possibly a little dark/morbid type of story. I'd love to write one as my first story, but I wasn't sure if there are any limits other than using Pokemon in them.

Thanks in advanced!
    Whatever is fine. The only limits are that it needs to contain pokemon, and your imagination.

Blog Entries

I would do it but seriously, it's THREE. Freakin. STORIES. I don't have the time to do three stories and questions with school, but it should take me no more than two days for a regular grade.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
    I would do it but seriously, it's THREE. Freakin. STORIES. I don't have the time to do three stories and questions with school, but it should take me no more than two days for a regular grade.
    It is 3 grades. Therefore it should only take you 6 days to do it. Think of it that way.

Well, I can tell you somewhere that I'm not

Well think about how long it takes you to write three stories normally. Like get inspiration and then wriete them. If the next 3 times you write a story, you just don't post it, all you have to do is take the test. If you are willing to do that, then being grader is for you. If not, then, well, not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitex View Post
    Well think about how long it takes you to write three stories normally. Like get inspiration and then wriete them. If the next 3 times you write a story, you just don't post it, all you have to do is take the test. If you are willing to do that, then being grader is for you. If not, then, well, not.
    Stories vary in length so that logic is flawed, good sir. On other news I've started a boring story about knights n' what not.

Gah, I just finished a boring story myself. I absolutely hated doing Native, which is surprising, because the idea really sounded fun in my head.

On more positive news, my Summer Competition story is coming along nicely. It's been a pretty fun project so far, reminds me of the types of stories I wrote a couple years ago.