URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 73
Page 73 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2938

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Do stories actually need a battle? I know that this thread here says that it isn't absolutely necessary, but I haven't seen a work (on BMGf, PE2K is probably a different story) that doesn't involve one.
    No one expanded properly on this, so I feel obligated to give my rant.

Battles are a "saving grace bonus points" thing moreso than a requirement. If you can write a damn good story without 'em, please, don't write a battle. Most graders will love you more for it. If a lot of your description/plot aspects are borderline, though, or your grammar is completely illegible, graders fall back on the irrelevant categories (length/battle) to make the final decision. These categories are evaluated more for signs of laziness than signs of brilliant quality, in most situations--but if you need the boost, then take the boost.
    Last edited by Scourge of Nemo; 4th August 2010 at 10:19 PM.
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

kers x alaska x zak x derian x scourge x ireign

Lurking URPG Veteran Jack of Clovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Wait someone post in your stories? That was always a don't do ever. It's like posting in battle, you just don't do that.
    Galleon said it was okay if the author allowed it. Some people like feedback in their story thread rather than in here. If someone didn't want comments, then they can put a note in the first post.

Generally speaking, most of the responding should be left to a grader.

~Jack~
    |URPG Stats |

Lurking all the time. Too lazy to sign in.

Guild Wars 2: JackofClovers.8693

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Wait someone post in your stories? That was always a don't do ever. It's like posting in battle, you just don't do that.
    I can't tell if that's sarcastic, or not. But yea, don't post in my stories, it'd be greatly appreciative.

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Soooo... SWC? I have a good entry I am saving for it. And I know that the summer is going to be ending rather soon, so yeah. Just a friendly reminder I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    Soooo... SWC? I have a good entry I am saving for it. And I know that the summer is going to be ending rather soon, so yeah. Just a friendly reminder I guess.
    Yes, this. I'm saving a story for this, pretty much done with it, just waiting on the SWC to start... which is?
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Could we have an "inactive grader" list put up in the Grader Group thread. It'll make it easier to see how many graders are actually working.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

I would also like to know when and if we're having a summer writing competition. In addition, I would like to announce to everyone to make sure it's clear that I AM A GIRL. Thank you for your time.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    I would also like to know when and if we're having a summer writing competition. In addition, I would like to announce to everyone to make sure it's clear that I AM A GIRL. Thank you for your time.
    The Writing thread says they take place yearly in July. We are passed that ='( Who thought you were a guy? I mean it is hard to believe that girls exist on the internet, but still.

The Writing thread says they take place yearly in July. We are passed that ='( Who thought you were a guy? I mean it is hard to believe that girls exist on the internet, but still.
    Pretty much everybody, lol.
    我正在学中文

Blog Entries

Well you just keep on keeping on. I guess the general consensus is if you don't have a girl in your avatar, you aren't a girl. But seriously, I am going to just post my Riolu story now if they don't start the SWC soon.

The Summer Writing Competition was delayed (at least according to George) because of the PE2K WAR event. There wasn't an interest in having two popular activities happening at the same time.

George will likely start the competition soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    The Summer Writing Competition was delayed (at least according to George) because of the PE2K WAR event. There wasn't an interest in having two popular activities happening at the same time.

George will likely start the competition soon.
    Thank you for the update =) I was beginning to worry that I would have to hold off on losing horribly to more experienced writers until next year. Or until the WWC.

Well you just keep on keeping on.

LOL, Joe Dirt.... Anyways.

Yea I'm starting my rotom story now called L I F E (some of you already know about it) and if not that then my Hummel Park story (others know about that [also go look at 'Hummel Park' Wikipedia page because it is a real place in my town and it is FREAKY]) So yea, I can't wait. Also I kind of hope it isn't like the OWC, no offense George I did enjoy it, but I want the story I'm writing to be eligible in the SWC instead of having to grasp inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post

LOL, Joe Dirt.... Anyways.

Yea I'm starting my rotom story now called L I F E (some of you already know about it) and if not that then my Hummel Park story (others know about that [also go look at 'Hummel Park' Wikipedia page because it is a real place in my town and it is FREAKY]) So yea, I can't wait. Also I kind of hope it isn't like the OWC, no offense George I did enjoy it, but I want the story I'm writing to be eligible in the SWC instead of having to grasp inspiration.
    Wow bro. From the Wiki article on Hummel Park:

The park is also the location of several urban legends that report paranormal phenomenon, animal sacrifices, lynchings, and stories of modern murders and racist graffiti. There are rumors about an "Indian burial ground" located at the park and there are several urban legends about albino people who dwell in trees within the park.[4][5][6] However, these stories have been repeatedly dismissed by a variety of sources.[7] There is one myth that continues to loom over Hummel Park that many people swear to be true. People claim that they have seen the ghost of Jacob Clatanoff while staying out at Hummel Park around 2 a.m.. Jacob Clatanoff was the first person to live in what is now Hummel Park and it seems that where he stays even today. The story goest that Jacob Clatanoff had a wife named Laurinda who was having an affair with another man. She killed Jacob and ran off the man. People who have seen the ghost claim that Jacob always wails and cries, "Where is Laurinda?" and "Don't leave me!"
    我正在学中文

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    Wow bro. From the Wiki article on Hummel Park:
    Oh yea, there's more. People say they hear moaning and screaming from the ghosts of the lynched people. There are satanic pentagons and altars everywhere. And there's also a ghost car, apparently some guy was driving this car and drove it off of one of the steep hills and smashed it into the side of another and it looks like God had picked it up and smashed it on the side of the hill, then as you're going out a car with a smashed up front tailgates you and honks its horn and it sounds like an old fashion car. Oh, and they forgot to put the 'Devils Slide'. It's a natural cliff that many MANY people have jumped off of and committed suicide off of, so yea... FREAKY ass place.

EDIT: They also forgot, recently in the past few years when people go missing in Omaha [< - - - Name of indians who lived here by the way] the first place they check is Hummel Park because that's where the majority of murders and bodies have been found.

OH also, any grader getting ready to claim/grade my Mother story I'd prefer to hold back a couple of days. I'm busy now, but tomorrow is when I start edited from the AMAZING feedback I got back from taras the other day, thanks :]