URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 72
Page 72 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2950

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Technically, all graders grade when they want to.

I don't know how many graders grade only on request though... there probably are a few that I haven't heard about for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Perhaps a list of recent grades done by which graders (only successful ones, if people really care), sorted by level of difficulty of capture, similar to the list of successful captures. That way, people would know who would grade what types of work. For instance, I've noticed that Scourge prefers to grade the incredibly long ones, while other graders lean towards mid-length stories.
    I thought we already had a list of successful stories. And if you wanted to know who to ask wouldn't be useful to know if they graded a story and failed the person too? I mean, the grader isn't just going to wait around for the person to fix the story and regrade it, they might just go on and grade other stories and wait for the person to finish, so asking them to grade would be useful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Master View Post
    Personally, I think thats a good idea. If a grader is just getting started, They should be able to easily find a shorter story to start with. And if a grader has been here a while, they should be able to go to a story that provides a challenging grade.

Uhm... duh? Thanks for clarifying the obvious? x'P

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post
    I thought we already had a list of successful stories. And if you wanted to know who to ask wouldn't be useful to know if they graded a story and failed the person too? I mean, the grader isn't just going to wait around for the person to fix the story and regrade it, they might just go on and grade other stories and wait for the person to finish, so asking them to grade would be useful as well.
    I meant that we had a sort of sub-list that sorted successful (or unsuccessful, if that's what you folks wanted... but we had just agreed not to put failed stories on the other list so I was uncertain) by grader, not by capture type. That way, if folks wanted to request grades for shorter stories, they could ask graders that were more prone to grading shorter stories, and so on.

I don't know. It sounds like a silly idea now.

I know we're technically not supposed to be ussing chatspeak in stories, but I want to do a series of tweets froma Magikarp as a story. You know, following it around battling, getting, captured, etc. Would I be allowed to use chatspeak for that? Not just complete ccrap, but basic stuff like 'lol' or smilies.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think if it is used in the context of someone speaking, or their thoughts, the sky is the limit. Chatspeak is probably more frowned upon when in description. If that is how your character talks, I don't see how it is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    I know we're technically not supposed to be ussing chatspeak in stories, but I want to do a series of tweets froma Magikarp as a story. You know, following it around battling, getting, captured, etc. Would I be allowed to use chatspeak for that? Not just complete ccrap, but basic stuff like 'lol' or smilies.
    Sure go for it. Just don't go overboard and be like 'omglulz dat wux da bst f'n thng iv eb3r seeeen cuz i brly get out o da huose' because then the grader would get too annoyed to read the rest, or be so annoyed they'll fail you and make you retype it all (you'd understand being a grader yourself). Otherwise go for it, sounds creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post
    Sure go for it. Just don't go overboard and be like 'omglulz dat wux da bst f'n thng iv eb3r seeeen cuz i brly get out o da huose' because then the grader would get too annoyed to read the rest, or be so annoyed they'll fail you and make you retype it all (you'd understand being a grader yourself). Otherwise go for it, sounds creative.

Yeah I wasn't gonna do anything like that. xD I just thought it would be cute and easy for only 3k.
    我正在学中文

Do stories actually need a battle? I know that this thread here says that it isn't absolutely necessary, but I haven't seen a work (on BMGf, PE2K is probably a different story) that doesn't involve one.

Do stories actually need a battle? I know that this thread here says that it isn't absolutely necessary, but I haven't seen a work (on BMGf, PE2K is probably a different story) that doesn't involve one.
    I've seen one or two and they went okay (grade wise) so I'd say go for it if you want :]
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

Well, good. Because it's for your Rotom, so you'd better hope it works. :D

Well, good. Because it's for your Rotom, so you'd better hope it works. :D
    I do hope it works xD, and it will
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

My story 'Sacrifice' didn't have a battle in it and I still got Ralts. Yea, you don't need one, but usually in stories there is some kind of action and people find it creative to have the Pokemon use their attacks. :]

Also for you BMGers who still don't understand this; I DO NOT LIKE IT WHEN YOU POST IN MY STORIES UNLESS YOU ARE A GRADER, HAVE A QUESTION, PROBLEM, WHATEVER, PM ME. K thanks.

Oh and PE2Kers, remember a time when that was a 'uh-DUH' kind of thing and now it's more of a 'well... hm..' kind of thing? Yea good times.

Wait someone post in your stories? That was always a don't do ever. It's like posting in battle, you just don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Wait someone post in your stories? That was always a don't do ever. It's like posting in battle, you just don't do that.
    Yeah. I saw some jackass put something along the lines of "How original, didn't you rip that off from Futurama" when Zombie clearly posted at the beginning that that's what it was based off of. Jerk :b
    我正在学中文

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

You don't need a battle, my Escaping Authority story had a car chase instead of a battle, and it got one of the most glowing reviews I've ever seen.

If you're planning on writing a story without a battle, please drop me a link when it's done, I'd be very interested to see what you do.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly