URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 71

Page 71 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2921
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

  1. #1051
    Dreamy Umbreon Spirit (Roze)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    The stuff about training and debating wheter to buy or not isn't. You can say you planning on writing a story, but this isn't for talking about buying or training. Sorry if I sound a bit nasty
    No It's cool. Deleted and Edited:

    I agree TrainerCasey... I'm super excited to start training my Elekid so I can take on some dojos and gyms. I think I'm going for a Squirtle and then a Porygon next.

  2. #1052
    I'm Zombilicious Zombie Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Braaaiiiinnss...
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    There's 21 unclaimed stories and 6 ungraded. Maybe we should put a temporary closure to new stories so that the graders can get the grades done without new stories piling up?

    HAHAno. That wouldn't really solve, or help anything. Graders will still grade at their own pace and if people wanted to write a story then they can write it anyway and save it to their computer, then when one gets graded and an opening appears people will race for it, and bla and bla bla and blablabla. Just doesn't sound like a great idea to be honest, and will cause more problems than needed.




    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    No It's cool. Deleted and Edited:

    I agree TrainerCasey... I'm super excited to start training my Elekid so I can take on some dojos and gyms. I think I'm going for a Squirtle and then a Porygon next.
    Your edit made that little bit really confusing @.@

    Also, word of advice, don't write for mart mons if you can do story deals and get them free with already bought TM's :] (it's what I do)

  3. #1053
    Leader of the Autobots Dinobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    6,217

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post

    HAHAno. That wouldn't really solve, or help anything. Graders will still grade at their own pace and if people wanted to write a story then they can write it anyway and save it to their computer, then when one gets graded and an opening appears people will race for it, and bla and bla bla and blablabla. Just doesn't sound like a great idea to be honest, and will cause more problems than needed.






    Your edit made that little bit really confusing @.@

    Also, word of advice, don't write for mart mons if you can do story deals and get them free with already bought TM's :] (it's what I do)
    Yes that xD. If you want a mart mon and your going to write for one, let me know and I can buy/TM one for you.
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome


  4. #1054
    Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,816
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post

    HAHAno. That wouldn't really solve, or help anything. Graders will still grade at their own pace and if people wanted to write a story then they can write it anyway and save it to their computer, then when one gets graded and an opening appears people will race for it, and bla and bla bla and blablabla. Just doesn't sound like a great idea to be honest, and will cause more problems than needed.
    I can see your point. I just thought it might be a bit useful, but I understand what you mean. But there went from being about three stories waiting to fifteen in a few days!

    ^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

  5. #1055
    I'm Zombilicious Zombie Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Braaaiiiinnss...
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    I can see your point. I just thought it might be a bit useful, but I understand what you mean. But there went from being about three stories waiting to fifteen in a few days!
    Yep, writers got a little active. Just have patience and wait for a grader to come around to your story. Or do what I do and personally ask a grader to grade your story.

  6. #1056
    Registered User JokesterJesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    PE2K
    Posts
    559

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Well, it has been a week now so I guess I can look for a grader to grade my MAGIKARP STORY :D

    This was a story deal.

    ~JKJesse~

  7. #1057
    $CUSTOM_USER_TITLE
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    240

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Clovers View Post
    [COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
    I could care less about the money. My grade length was based on the most important feedback relative to the story. Taras Bulba made a very good post on the last page. +100 grader points to her.
    Yay! But... I'm male...
    (The Internet anonymity effect strikes again! Heh heh.)

    Also, Zombie Muse, were you asking me in particular to grade "Mother?" I could if you wanted me to.
    I grade things for the URPG.

    New experimental grading system. Request a tier after I claim your story:
    Tier I / Basic: A quick verdict and some useful advice without much fuss.
    Tier II / Normal: More in-depth analysis.
    Tier III / Heavy: I WILL TEAR YOUR STORY TO SHREDS AND TAP-DANCE ON THE PIECES

  8. #1058
    I'm Zombilicious Zombie Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Braaaiiiinnss...
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Taras Bulba View Post
    Yay! But... I'm male...
    (The Internet anonymity effect strikes again! Heh heh.)

    Also, Zombie Muse, were you asking me in particular to grade "Mother?" I could if you wanted me to.
    Oh, haha. I had asked Alaska if she would and she said she'd be glad to when she gets the time to, so I would say no because well... that, HOWEVER, I'd love for you to 'grade' it. Read it give me feedback via PM (you know, grammar, tense, type-os, and such) I've read over and proofread some of it, but not all, and it's always great for the story if a grader had proofread it and given feedback before the actual grade.

  9. #1059
    $CUSTOM_USER_TITLE
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    240

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post
    Oh, haha. I had asked Alaska if she would and she said she'd be glad to when she gets the time to, so I would say no because well... that, HOWEVER, I'd love for you to 'grade' it. Read it give me feedback via PM (you know, grammar, tense, type-os, and such) I've read over and proofread some of it, but not all, and it's always great for the story if a grader had proofread it and given feedback before the actual grade.
    A proofreading run? Okay, I can do that. It might be a day or two though.
    I grade things for the URPG.

    New experimental grading system. Request a tier after I claim your story:
    Tier I / Basic: A quick verdict and some useful advice without much fuss.
    Tier II / Normal: More in-depth analysis.
    Tier III / Heavy: I WILL TEAR YOUR STORY TO SHREDS AND TAP-DANCE ON THE PIECES

  10. #1060
    I'm Zombilicious Zombie Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Braaaiiiinnss...
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Taras Bulba View Post
    A proofreading run? Okay, I can do that. It might be a day or two though.
    Perfectly fine, and also thanks!

  11. #1061
    Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,816
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    I'd like to request a grade for The Morale Highground Part 2 and Haunted- The Prologue.

    Also, could there be a list of which graders are working on stories, so we know who to request them personally from?

    ^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

  12. #1062
    Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    I'd like to request a grade for The Morale Highground Part 2 and Haunted- The Prologue.

    Also, could there be a list of which graders are working on stories, so we know who to request them personally from?
    I think that it changes a little too often for a list to be much good; a better way would be to look at the most recent threads with replies other than the thread starter, and see if said replies are grades, or simply claims.

    Or, you could just pick a favorite grader or two to request from; apparently some graders only do so on request. Having a list of those might well be helpful.
    Evan F's Stats

    Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

  13. #1063
    Nothing
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Perhaps a list of recent grades done by which graders (only successful ones, if people really care), sorted by level of difficulty of capture, similar to the list of successful captures. That way, people would know who would grade what types of work. For instance, I've noticed that Scourge prefers to grade the incredibly long ones, while other graders lean towards mid-length stories.

  14. #1064
    SPAAACE! Legendary Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aperture Science
    Posts
    953

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Personally, I think thats a good idea. If a grader is just getting started, They should be able to easily find a shorter story to start with. And if a grader has been here a while, they should be able to go to a story that provides a challenging grade.

    Avatar and Sig by BlazakingEX

  15. #1065
    Registered User kanga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    345

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    I personally think that in this list or in a list they should put what graders will only grade on request or if they will just grade when they want to. Because if a grader only grades on request then that means that alot of talent is being wasted as no one would ask them as they wouldnt know who to ask.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •