URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 63

Page 63 of 195 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post
    My guess is the mon of the same catagory. Like they can write for growlithe and vulpix and one gets growlithe and the other, vulpix.
    Sort of. As long as they're equal. Like one Hard category mon and two Medium mons or two Hard and a Demanding. Or both the same. That's what I was told back when I was going to do one of these, but nothing ever happened. Though it would've been nice though >_>
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

That is a really cool idea. Like you role-play and get a Pokemon out of it. I think I would be interested in setting one up if anybody is interested in doing it with me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    That is a really cool idea. Like you role-play and get a Pokemon out of it. I think I would be interested in setting one up if anybody is interested in doing it with me.
    Yes I would love to. :D

Also check this everyone. I have added a comments and thoughts box at the bottom. Please don't post in the thread, but I really want to hear any and all comments. Btw it is a murder in the human world story so bare with me. Also it's only 14k at the moment so only a little over half way done.

Blog Entries

2 words.

National

Park
    Last edited by Feng; 22nd July 2010 at 04:11 AM.

Licensed Scientician DrStubbsberg's Avatar

2 more words

Currently

Closed

:P
    My newly revamped URPG Stats

Looking for a battle? My AIM is DrStubbsberg. I'm also a ref, so I've got you covered either way.

I own the Dewford Gym

Not to mention National Park would be more restricted than a joint story would be.

Blog Entries

Not to mention National Park would be more restricted than a joint story would be.
    I'm not sure how a joint story would work, 2 people write 10k each in one story for two separate medium mons for example? Mmm, also - Roleplaying and Joint storywriting aren't exactly the same thing.

Blog Entries

Alright Ive been thinking about this whole collaborative story things. Can each person have several posts, such as 2 or 3 for a Hard mon so it's more like a role play, instead of just 2 sperate stories in a single thread? I think that would be improvement, but like I've said before, haters gonna hate. >=]

Quote Originally Posted by Feng View Post
    I'm not sure how a joint story would work, 2 people write 10k each in one story for two separate medium mons for example? Mmm, also - Roleplaying and Joint storywriting aren't exactly the same thing.
    I never said they were the same, but they can overlap.

I think it would more likely be each person writes 3 posts on 5,000 or two of 7,500. And the story should probably be written in a certain way or have have a plot reason for why there are two authors.

Blog Entries

I never said they were the same, but they can overlap.

I think it would more likely be each person writes 3 posts on 5,000 or two of 7,500. And the story should probably be written in a certain way or have have a plot reason for why there are two authors.
    I second this. :D

Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar

Or we could do a combination of all of these; have two Pokemon of the same difficulty with alternating POV's of them, while investigating a human murder? For instance, have a Scyther be a Suburban Slasher, and something at the same difficulty be the detective tracking him down, going back and forth between them?
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post
    Or we could do a combination of all of these; have two Pokemon of the same difficulty with alternating POV's of them, while investigating a human murder? For instance, have a Scyther be a Suburban Slasher, and something at the same difficulty be the detective tracking him down, going back and forth between them?
    Oh nice. I can see Kangaskhan being the caring mother of the dead or a Sableye who acts as the drug lord or at least some shifty character. xD Does this mean we can do several posts though for two Pokemon between us? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Oh nice. I can see Kangaskhan being the caring mother of the dead or a Sableye who acts as the drug lord or at least some shifty character. xD Does this mean we can do several posts though for two Pokemon between us? :D
    Yea any of that is fine as long as it doesn't become like each post is only a few sentences with the two authors actually rping with eachother. You should get together and talk with eachother. Then have one write one p.o.v. and then have the other read it and add on or whatever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post
    Yea any of that is fine as long as it doesn't become like each post is only a few sentences with the two authors actually rping with eachother. You should get together and talk with eachother. Then have one write one p.o.v. and then have the other read it and add on or whatever.
    Thank you! That really helps. Oh and don't worry I'll make all of my posts at least 5k characters. >=]

I don't know why they have to be the same difficultly.

Example:

What if one writer wants to go after a Kangaskhan. They post 4 posts of 10,000.
    The other writer chooses Cubone. They post 2 posts of 10,000.
    Like adding the POV of the Cubone searching for mother, while the Kangaskhan goes through some adventure.

So the posts go:
    k 10k
    k 10k
    k 10k
    c 10k
    k 10k
    c 10k

Why can't this happen?