URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 48

Page 48 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 2921
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

  1. #706
    The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    C Burg
    Posts
    2,369
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge of Nemo View Post
    It... really doesn't matter, and really isn't worth discussing. Whatever floats people's banana boats.
    And those banana boats do need to float. What would we do without them? Meeting adjourned. But, I guess I can kind of see how it produces clutter. Still, it is just like putting (NWC) in the title. Or any other competition sign, which they do on PE2K, I looked. If someone just leaves their title as WIP even when they are done, they can just not expect a grade. They will soon learn the errors of their ways.

  2. #707
    Insanity is the one truth Senzura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,028
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Did you all hear the CNN report? They did a study that shows a red font is a sign of brain damage.


    URPG StatslNational Park
    Im a ranger in that URPG thing. ask me to...range?

    PM me if you have an idea for a signiture.

  3. #708
    I'm Zombilicious Zombie Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Braaaiiiinnss...
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    And those banana boats do need to float. What would we do without them? Meeting adjourned. But, I guess I can kind of see how it produces clutter. Still, it is just like putting (NWC) in the title. Or any other competition sign, which they do on PE2K, I looked. If someone just leaves their title as WIP even when they are done, they can just not expect a grade. They will soon learn the errors of their ways.
    The other main thing about this was people will put "Ready for Grading" in the title, then once graded, leave it. So a grader might look over it and go to the story, expecting to grade, only it was already graded.


    It's just more of a preference, sure you can put crap like that in your titles (stuff like NWC, or OWC are different cases becuase those are nessesary) but it becomes unessesary when you already have 'Ready to be Graded" in your story (which you should with the Pokemon and Characters, I think we all know how to do that) and it's a little obnoxious seeing it everywhere else. Like a few pages back castleoblivion keep posting in here about their story needing to be graded. Yea you can do that, and you're very much welcomed to, but it's just a bit annoying when it becomes constant every other few posts, and in the story, and in the title, and in the signature, ect. and would be perfered (at least by me) for it to not be there.

    If you wanted critisism, or helpfull feedback that's what this place is for. Post it here and ask, not in the title. When I go through the story section I skip stories that have those extra facts in the title becuase it's more of a 'newbie' thing to do, 'newbie' in my case is equal to immature, and I'd much rather read a story that will make me want to read on and not make me think of my 10 year old second cousin telling me a story about pogeymanz. So having "WIP" and "Ready for Grading" in the title sends me a red flag and to stray away from those stories.

    Sorry, just thought it was a bit needed to be said. :I


    Oh and George, your happiness brings me more tears. NEVER ENDING CYCLE @.@

  4. #709
    The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    C Burg
    Posts
    2,369
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post
    The other main thing about this was people will put "Ready for Grading" in the title, then once graded, leave it. So a grader might look over it and go to the story, expecting to grade, only it was already graded.


    It's just more of a preference, sure you can put crap like that in your titles (stuff like NWC, or OWC are different cases becuase those are nessesary) but it becomes unessesary when you already have 'Ready to be Graded" in your story (which you should with the Pokemon and Characters, I think we all know how to do that) and it's a little obnoxious seeing it everywhere else. Like a few pages back castleoblivion keep posting in here about their story needing to be graded. Yea you can do that, and you're very much welcomed to, but it's just a bit annoying when it becomes constant every other few posts, and in the story, and in the title, and in the signature, ect. and would be perfered (at least by me) for it to not be there.

    If you wanted critisism, or helpfull feedback that's what this place is for. Post it here and ask, not in the title. When I go through the story section I skip stories that have those extra facts in the title becuase it's more of a 'newbie' thing to do, 'newbie' in my case is equal to immature, and I'd much rather read a story that will make me want to read on and not make me think of my 10 year old second cousin telling me a story about pogeymanz. So having "WIP" and "Ready for Grading" in the title sends me a red flag and to stray away from those stories.

    Sorry, just thought it was a bit needed to be said. :I


    Oh and George, your happiness brings me more tears. NEVER ENDING CYCLE @.@
    I see what you are saying and I believe you are right, from a professional standpoint. Most people here are just doing it for the fun of doing it, so I think it can be set aside. And most people who have it in their titles are either new story writers or people who believe that is the normal thing to do.

    For the Ready to be Graded issue, I suppose that is why we now have a functioning list of what is graded and what needs to be graded.

    I do see where you are coming from and I only had anything similar in my title for my first story. But, some people just like it better that way. Who are we to tell them how to title their stories?

  5. #710
    I'm Zombilicious Zombie Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Braaaiiiinnss...
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    I see what you are saying and I believe you are right, from a professional standpoint. Most people here are just doing it for the fun of doing it, so I think it can be set aside. And most people who have it in their titles are either new story writers or people who believe that is the normal thing to do.

    For the Ready to be Graded issue, I suppose that is why we now have a functioning list of what is graded and what needs to be graded.

    I do see where you are coming from and I only had anything similar in my title for my first story. But, some people just like it better that way. Who are we to tell them how to title their stories?
    We're not, this whole thing was braught up becuase I was asked to do it. I'm not going to, and those are the reasons why. (Oh and trust me I did it on my first story as well, but took it off when told those reasons.)

  6. #711
    URPG Lurking Official Jack of Clovers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    the world of fantasy...
    Posts
    445

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Liking the unofficial stickied ungraded story thread. Let's hope it helps out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galleon View Post
    I'll just nuke the hell out of it, for you.
    Hmmm, I'll bring the popcorn. 8D

    ~Jack~
    |URPG Stats |

    Guild Wars 2: JackofClovers.8693 [Crystal Desert]
    Feel free to join me in saving the world!

  7. #712
    Chocolate Bear Galleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Shenanigansville
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Senzura View Post
    Did you all hear the CNN report? They did a study that shows a red font is a sign of brain damage.
    No, but I saw that one about brain damage caused by bear attacks.

    If you like people who yell a lot, then you're going to love me. OR MAYBE NOT. I DUNNO.

  8. #713
    $CUSTOM_USER_TITLE
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    240

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Well, it's bears. You can't put anything past them.
    I grade things for the URPG.

    New experimental grading system. Request a tier after I claim your story:
    Tier I / Basic: A quick verdict and some useful advice without much fuss.
    Tier II / Normal: More in-depth analysis.
    Tier III / Heavy: I WILL TEAR YOUR STORY TO SHREDS AND TAP-DANCE ON THE PIECES

  9. #714
    I'm Zombilicious Zombie Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Braaaiiiinnss...
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Taras Bulba View Post
    Well, it's bears. You can't put anything past them.
    You can put your disembowled legs past them :I

  10. #715
    Fangirl in Disguise Xeniaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Legs can't be disemboweled.
    (\—/)
    (='.'=)
    (")-(")O

  11. #716
    Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,808
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Putting brain damaging colours and killer bears aside, I was wondering who grades the Merciless stories?

    ^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

  12. #717
    Fangirl in Disguise Xeniaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Hey, Ace. :)
    I would guess Scourge, just because she's "Lead Grader" and all, but I don't think any set person does it.
    (\—/)
    (='.'=)
    (")-(")O

  13. #718
    I'm Zombilicious Zombie Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Braaaiiiinnss...
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeniaph View Post
    Hey, Ace. :)
    I would guess Scourge, just because she's "Lead Grader" and all, but I don't think any set person does it.
    Uh, yea any grader can, but it'll most likely be a more experianced one like nemo, or geroge, or kat, or elrond, ect...


    Oh and I meant amputated x'P

  14. #719
    Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,808
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Hey Xeniaph.

    And ok. NeighbourhoodGuest told me it would be a senior person, but I wanted to double check who that was. I suppose it would have to be senior to read my 71,000character story :P

    ^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

  15. #720
    Fangirl in Disguise Xeniaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Ah. Okay. Amputated. Much more sense there.
    (\—/)
    (='.'=)
    (")-(")O

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •