URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 47

Page 47 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 2921
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

  1. #691
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Can you catch multiple pokemon in one story?

  2. #692
    Nothing
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodVolley View Post
    Can you catch multiple pokemon in one story?
    Yes. Just remember, the suggested character count also goes up the more Pokemon for which you need to write. For instance, if you want to write for Magikarp, Feebas, Pikachu, and Chikorita, your story's suggested length would be from:
    Easiest (3K-5K) + Demanding (40K-55K) + Medium (10K-20K) + Hard (20K-30K)=
    73K-110K Characters. So, if you wanted to write for two Medium Length Pokemon, the length suggestion would be 20K-40K, not 10K-20K.

    Usually though, people tend to write for harder Pokemon (I would say anything with "Demanding" Level and up; check here for a list of Pokemon by writing difficulty) separately to play it safe. You can write for as many Pokemon as you want or can as long as the story is of a good length and makes sense.

  3. #693
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Thanks for the prompt reply.

    I'm cooking up something special...

  4. #694
    The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    C Burg
    Posts
    2,369
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! WE AREN'T CRAZY!!!!!!! THEY ARE THE CRAZY ONES!!!!!!!!!!

    *cough* Yeah so, working hard on my stuff.

  5. #695
    Chocolate Bear Galleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Shenanigansville
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    SETTLE DOWN, MY BELOVED NUTBUCKETS.

    If you like people who yell a lot, then you're going to love me. OR MAYBE NOT. I DUNNO.

  6. #696
    URPG Moderator Monbrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,349
    Trophies

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    So, I do believe it has been one entire week since I first posted my story, so here comes the obligatory nag and link posting.

    Protecting the Puppy

    Won't someone please grade my fairly short first story?

  7. #697
    Fangirl in Disguise Xeniaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Awww. Galleon, you love us.
    (\—/)
    (='.'=)
    (")-(")O

  8. #698
    The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    C Burg
    Posts
    2,369
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeniaph View Post
    Awww. Galleon, you love us.
    Galleon doesn't love us... *starts crying* He only loves our stories.

  9. #699
    Fangirl in Disguise Xeniaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Well, isnt that a nice way to look at it.
    (\—/)
    (='.'=)
    (")-(")O

  10. #700
    I'm Zombilicious Zombie Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Braaaiiiinnss...
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Galleon View Post
    SETTLE DOWN, MY BELOVED NUTBUCKETS.
    NO U -cries-

  11. #701
    Vampire Grader sorocoroto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    State of Mind
    Posts
    736
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Sorry to ruin the fun *and I'm hurt to be called a bucket of nut ::sad face::*, but a point Zombie Muse brought up to me, a point that when I've looked through about the first half of this thread, hasn't been addressed, yet:

    I've seen on the BMGF many stories that had things like "WIP" and "Graded" in title. Zombie mentioned that it was deemed annoying on the PE2K forums, since it seemed to clutter it up and make the section seem unprofessional.

    Not having a PE2K account and only playing not even two months, I didn't know this. So, I lay it before the BMG users to discuss.

    Honestly, I don't care either way. Though, it's quicker for me as a grader (and the one making the list) to look through the thread and see that a story is a "WIP" or "Graded" right away than it is to open up every single story to see that someone else had graded it or that the story is not finished. Then again, the first few lines of a story could have something like "Not ready to be graded," leaving the title to be just that, a title. But yeah, either way, I don't mind.

    "A vampire with a soul? Oh my God ... how lame is that?" - Buffy Summers [S6x08]

  12. #702
    Chocolate Bear Galleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Shenanigansville
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeniaph View Post
    Awww. Galleon, you love us.
    MAYBE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    Galleon doesn't love us... *starts crying* He only loves our stories.
    PERHAPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeniaph View Post
    Well, isnt that a nice way to look at it.
    IF IT'D MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER, I COULD HATE YOUR STORIES, INSTEAD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post
    NO U -cries-
    YOUR TEARS BRING ME JOY.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorocoroto View Post
    Sorry to ruin the fun *and I'm hurt to be called a bucket of nut ::sad face::*, but a point Zombie Muse brought up to me, a point that when I've looked through about the first half of this thread, hasn't been addressed, yet:

    I've seen on the BMGF many stories that had things like "WIP" and "Graded" in title. Zombie mentioned that it was deemed annoying on the PE2K forums, since it seemed to clutter it up and make the section seem unprofessional.

    Not having a PE2K account and only playing not even two months, I didn't know this. So, I lay it before the BMG users to discuss.

    Honestly, I don't care either way. Though, it's quicker for me as a grader (and the one making the list) to look through the thread and see that a story is a "WIP" or "Graded" right away than it is to open up every single story to see that someone else had graded it or that the story is not finished. Then again, the first few lines of a story could have something like "Not ready to be graded," leaving the title to be just that, a title. But yeah, either way, I don't mind.
    And I don't mean to ruin your fun (WELL, ACTUALLY...), but this has been discussed before, and as has been said, we don't care that much. It's a bit of a nuisance, yes, but not so much so that I plan on enforcing rules against it.

    More importantly, you better not be adding/removing stories based on what the title says. 'CUZ THEY'RE ALL A BUNCH OF A LAZY, NON-EDITING LIARHEADS. You have to actually check the threads themselves to be sure. Though, if you don't care enough to make sure your list is actually accurate, that's fine, too. I'll just nuke the hell out of it, for you.

    If you like people who yell a lot, then you're going to love me. OR MAYBE NOT. I DUNNO.

  13. #703
    Vampire Grader sorocoroto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    State of Mind
    Posts
    736
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Galleon View Post

    More importantly, you better not be adding/removing stories based on what the title says. 'CUZ THEY'RE ALL A BUNCH OF A LAZY, NON-EDITING LIARHEADS. You have to actually check the threads themselves to be sure. Though, if you don't care enough to make sure your list is actually accurate, that's fine, too. I'll just nuke the hell out of it, for you.
    I just said it was quicker :P . I'm looking to do a major overhaul of the list... Just when I finish looking through every story between the job and filling up my portfolio so i can get another job...

    "A vampire with a soul? Oh my God ... how lame is that?" - Buffy Summers [S6x08]

  14. #704
    Fangirl in Disguise Xeniaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    It really doesn't seem to be that big a deal. I mean, you just add it to the title, right? "So-and-so blah-blah-blah (WIP or Graded)." Done. Unless there's something I'm missing.
    (\—/)
    (='.'=)
    (")-(")O

  15. #705
    bad wolf Scourge of Nemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Closet Land
    Posts
    1,411

    Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

    It... really doesn't matter, and really isn't worth discussing. Whatever floats people's banana boats.
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

    kers x alaska x zak x derian x scourge x ireign

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •