URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 44

Page 44 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Trophies

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by sorocoroto View Post
    added to the list!
    I guess that means list to be graded? From what I hear, it's a long list. XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    I guess that means list to be graded? From what I hear, it's a long list. XD
    Yeah but hey fair's fair

"A vampire with a soul? Oh my God ... how lame is that?" - Buffy Summers [S6x08]

Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar

Shout out to Derian: Nice title on that Seel one.
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post
    Shout out to Derian: Nice title on that Seel one.

Must say I liked that one too! Plus three new stories in a one hour period, boy are people planning this?

"A vampire with a soul? Oh my God ... how lame is that?" - Buffy Summers [S6x08]

Insanity is the one truth Senzura's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elrond 2.0 View Post
    *In five part harmony*

Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    In Sooooooviet Russia....
    Pokemon catch you.

:)
    /thread gg

URPG StatslNational Park
    Im a ranger in that URPG thing. ask me to...range?

PM me if you have an idea for a signiture.

Nothing
    Blog Entries

Quick question here. Are the stories considered as when the thread is made or when they are submitted for grading?
    For instance, I could make a thread now (in June) with only the title and maybe a few sentences, then take a couple of weeks to write my story, and submit it in July. Would my story be submitted in June or July?
    I personally think its unfair that it would be considered in June because there would be other stories submitted during that time period for grading, technically making them finish before me, even though my thread was first.
    From what I can tell, they are considered when the thread is created (looking at the list of power), as there are quite a few up there which still aren't even ready for grading, such as "The Demand" (sorry to pick on your story, Mubz, but it was the first one I could find).
    Could we have it so stories are ordered by the final submission instead of the thread creation? I'm not sure if this would be too complicated or anything, but I just wanted to put that out there.

Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar

It's not a bad idea; but we'd need to know the final submission date, so we'd either have to make anyone submitting a work in progress use a second post when done, or go by the last edit date.

If you can think of a practical way of handling it, by all means do so; I personally just can't think of an easy way to implement such a thing.
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Muffins! View Post
    Quick question here. Are the stories considered as when the thread is made or when they are submitted for grading?

Right now, its the last post of the the thread that is apart of the story. For example the PokeGreek story was started 05-05-2010, 10:50 PM, but the last post that was apart of the story was 06-04-2010, 09:30 PM which is why its in June not May.

But I see what your saying. I've seen in the past stories that say that they're not ready for grading, but then I see a grade on it claiming that the author said it could be graded. Since not everyone puts in the title "WIP" or "Not to be graded," I decided just to put it up on the list regardless. Yes I'm going to have to look back and put all of them up now, but I figure a grader looking to grade something would notice the WIP, but I can always take it off the list.

Also I could do it by last time edited, but there have been times when I started grading a story and then when I'm typing it up on the site, it was changed after I already claimed, so its a weird subject, plus it means more work for me to constantly comb the pages looking for WIP to be removed or an Edit in a specific place.

But as an end all arguement to when is considered finished is for the author to reply to their own story saying that it is finished and to take the date from that. I see the problems that will rise right now, but for the future it seems like an easier way to document it.

Nothing
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sorocoroto View Post
    But as an end all arguement to when is considered finished is for the author to reply to their own story saying that it is finished and to take the date from that. I see the problems that will rise right now, but for the future it seems like an easier way to document it.
    Ok. I was hoping that I wasn't sounding too pushy there, and I understand that it would be too confusing to go back and change the ones that are already done. Thanks for considering it!

I AM JUSTICE!!!! thecastleoblivion's Avatar

on close inpsection, my story is the second oldest story

Zero's tale(part 1) the Snag Heard Around the World

the proof is right here

BMGF List of Stories

THIS ISSUE ALREADY HAD AN ANSWER. When you post here for a grade your story is asked to be at least 2 weeks old. You take this date by when the aurthor posted last. [Ex: My story A PokeGreek Story, started way back in march, it was half done, but I finished it in June, so I have to go by how 'old' it is(June) by the last date posted.] Also if there's a story in any list that isn't ready to be graded, take it out. It's unessesary becuase some authors may start a story and not even look at it again then the list gets cluttered And if I don't recall I remember a time where you weren't supposed to put "Ready for grading" or "not ready to grade" in the title. I thought graders were supposed to actualy look at the story and see if it was ready for grading (in which the author would have in one of the posts somewhere:'Ready for grading
    Pokemon: - - -
    Characters: - - -
    Level: - - -' or something like that.)

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by thecastleoblivion View Post
    on close inpsection, my story is the second oldest story

Zero's tale(part 1) the Snag Heard Around the World

the proof is right here

BMGF List of Stories
    For you I'd suggest actually PMing a grader and asking for a grade rather than spamming this thread constantly asking for one. How about you ask Kat, she's nice and she loves it when people ask her for grades (trust me ;]) and remember to ask politely and not like 'I've been waiting forever! My story is this weeks old! BLARHG!' :]

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post
    THIS ISSUE ALREADY HAD AN ANSWER. When you post here for a grade your story is asked to be at least 2 weeks old. You take this date by when the aurthor posted last. [Ex: My story A PokeGreek Story, started way back in march, it was half done, but I finished it in June, so I have to go by how 'old' it is(June) by the last date posted.] Also if there's a story in any list that isn't ready to be graded, take it out. It's unessesary becuase some authors may start a story and not even look at it again then the list gets cluttered And if I don't recall I remember a time where you weren't supposed to put "Ready for grading" or "not ready to grade" in the title. I thought graders were supposed to actualy look at the story and see if it was ready for grading (in which the author would have in one of the posts somewhere:'Ready for grading
    Pokemon: - - -
    Characters: - - -
    Level: - - -' or something like that.)

EDIT:

For you I'd suggest actually PMing a grader and asking for a grade rather than spamming this thread constantly asking for one. How about you ask Kat, she's nice and she loves it when people ask her for grades (trust me ;]) and remember to ask politely and not like 'I've been waiting forever! My story is this weeks old! BLARHG!' :]
    I have asked her..she is grading one, and she said if it wasn't graded by the time she finished the one she is working on, she would take mine...also..i have just been posting constantly because i won't e able to get online for a a coupple of weeks soon, and just wanted it to get graded before i left..sorry for being a bother

I have asked her..she is grading one, and she said if it wasn't graded by the time she finished the one she is working on, she would take mine...also..i have just been posting constantly because i won't e able to get online for a a coupple of weeks soon, and just wanted it to get graded before i left..sorry for being a bother
    You're not being a bother, but if I were you and leaving in a few days, knowing that Kat said that she'll get it done, I'd leave it at that and write another story for like... a Medium or below mon and ask another grader to grade it, let it sit as you leave for two weeks, then when you get back you'll have two sotries finished. (It's always a nice surprise when you get back from somehwere and noticed you have like 3 bran new mon to put in your stats, trust me it's a nice welcome home I'm actualy trying to do it. I'm not going to be here for a week in a week so I'm trying to get a lot of stories done and claimed so when I get back, or sooner, I'll have some new mon to put in my stats.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post
    You're not being a bother, but if I were you and leaving in a few days, knowing that Kat said that she'll get it done, I'd leave it at that and write another story for like... a Medium or below mon and ask another grader to grade it, let it sit as you leave for two weeks, then when you get back you'll have two sotries finished. (It's always a nice surprise when you get back from somehwere and noticed you have like 3 bran new mon to put in your stats, trust me it's a nice welcome home I'm actualy trying to do it. I'm not going to be here for a week in a week so I'm trying to get a lot of stories done and claimed so when I get back, or sooner, I'll have some new mon to put in my stats.)
    thanks, i also have been dying for the shinx i have written for, so i will write another story while I am away and go for a ralts..what difficulty is ralts

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

thanks, i also have been dying for the shinx i have written for, so i will write another story while I am away and go for a ralts..what difficulty is ralts
    Ralts is a medium level mon.

*cough*The Aloof Bidoof*cough* Check the time stamp, sir.