URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 32

Page 32 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Blog Entries

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

10 days since my stories been up, so decided to ask here:

The "Island" Lesson

"A vampire with a soul? Oh my God ... how lame is that?" - Buffy Summers [S6x08]

Ya know what, I'm gonna throw a spin on this here, since all we seem to have had in this thread for the past week or so is people asking for grades, so let's actually make this about feedback and stuff.

My question to you is: which stories have impressed you the most so far? It could be any story, NWC or not, but I think it'll be cool for some writers to get some opinions on their work.

Personally, I'd have to say that AceTrainer14's "Left Behind" series has been really good so far and I've enjoyed reading it - particularly because their work has improved massively from the first part of the story to where they are now. It's still not perfect, but as something to read and enjoy I can't complain in the slightest about it.

The other story I'd like to point out for praise is Joshy's entry in to the NWC, "Deep Mud". I thought for what it was - and for how relatively short it was in comparison with some of the other NWC entries - it was easily one of the best in the competition. Very easy to read and go through quickly if you've not got much else to do; really just a pleasure to be able to read such a good short piece, that's actually got a lot of substance to it.

So, yeah. Opening up the floor a bit here, hopefully, for people to go and comment!
    Currently taking in the URPG.
    Trainer Stats Page
    Fire Dojo Page
    Coordinator Stats Page
    National Park Stats Page

I am the Fire Dojo Sensei: Challenge me for the Flame Badge!

AIM: KatsJounouchi - message me for a battle, I'm on a fair bit of the day

Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar

If we're complimenting stories, I'd like to go ahead and tip my hat to The Pink One from Taras Bulba; I'm a bit dismayed that I'm in the same round as his, because I think it's one of the strongest stories I've read yet. (Though I haven't read a lot of the non-NWC stories at the moment) The characters were down to 'earth' and believable; the action was human; and the solarbeam finisher was absolutely hilarious. Kudos to you, good sir!
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

In a dark, cold box, and unsure why I'm here...

Quote Originally Posted by Galleon View Post
    *shows up, covered in blood*

Yo, folks. Just thought I'd let you graders know that I haven't forgotten about wages. I'M STILL FREAKING DOIN' 'EM. Just wait one more day, please. XD
    ...maybe because I'm not a grader, but...why are you covered in blood and who's blood is it? *backs away slowly as he says it*

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuya View Post
    The other story I'd like to point out for praise is Joshy's entry in to the NWC, "Deep Mud". I thought for what it was - and for how relatively short it was in comparison with some of the other NWC entries - it was easily one of the best in the competition. Very easy to read and go through quickly if you've not got much else to do; really just a pleasure to be able to read such a good short piece, that's actually got a lot of substance to it.

Thanks for the kind words; *hugs*

Anyway, my favourite stories:

A Time for Change by Katsuya:
    I know it might sound like I put it here because of Katsuya's nice grade of my story, but really, this one caught my eye because of it's sheer length, and presented a challenge to me: could I be bothered to read that much?
    Well, yes! The writing is terrific enough to carry on the story for a long time, and I can't wait for more issues! :D

Endless Shellos (NWC) by Ryoku:
    Absolutely brilliant! The aesthetic was fun and the characters were just awesome; it really felt like I was watching a surfing doco - and I don't usually like those! I honestly don't know what else to say but: "Brilliant!" Oh, and that I'm afraid of being up against it in this round of the NWC :P

Left Behind by AceTrainer14:
    Honestly, a brilliant series; I don't know what else to say. Long but interesting, episodic but not tiresome. I adore it :)

I'll probably add more into this when I remember more that I've read :P

Yo, folks. Just thought I'd let you graders know that I haven't forgotten about wages. I'M STILL FREAKING DOIN' 'EM. Just wait one more day, please. XD

Fun Fact!

When George does wages, he GRADES how each Grader grades!

The hunters become the prey!

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshy View Post

Thanks for the kind words; *hugs*

Anyway, my favourite stories:

A Time for Change by Katsuya:
    I know it might sound like I put it here because of Katsuya's nice grade of my story, but really, this one caught my eye because of it's sheer length, and presented a challenge to me: could I be bothered to read that much?
    Well, yes! The writing is terrific enough to carry on the story for a long time, and I can't wait for more issues! :D

Endless Shellos (NWC) by Ryoku:
    Absolutely brilliant! The aesthetic was fun and the characters were just awesome; it really felt like I was watching a surfing doco - and I don't usually like those! I honestly don't know what else to say but: "Brilliant!" Oh, and that I'm afraid of being up against it in this round of the NWC :P

Left Behind by AceTrainer14:
    Honestly, a brilliant series; I don't know what else to say. Long but interesting, episodic but not tiresome. I adore it :)

I'll probably add more into this when I remember more that I've read :P
    Thanks for the compliment :) And I am sorry if they seem long at the moment: if Tangela gets approved, my next story is going to be Jericho and Alexis facing off against a Dragonite. It takes place on the Magent Train, Saffron, Celadon and Cianwood Cities, Mt Silver, and Routes 47-48, the Embedded Tower and Safari Zone. So hopefully it won't be too long :P

$CUSTOM_USER_TITLE

Quote Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post
    If we're complimenting stories, I'd like to go ahead and tip my hat to The Pink One from Taras Bulba; I'm a bit dismayed that I'm in the same round as his, because I think it's one of the strongest stories I've read yet. (Though I haven't read a lot of the non-NWC stories at the moment) The characters were down to 'earth' and believable; the action was human; and the solarbeam finisher was absolutely hilarious. Kudos to you, good sir!
    Whoa, I've been noticed! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed my story. Good luck to you as well!

It takes a lot to strike a chord with me, as far as writing goes. I'm a picky, elitist bitch in a lot of ways. Of everything I've graded/spied on the grades of my fellows so far, though, I'd like to second Joshy's sentiments on A Time For Change. It wasn't so much the writing that struck me--it was the effort and ideas put into the plot. They showed a lot of detail and originality that I haven't seen a lot of over here, yet. I'm looking forward to seeing Kat progress. :o

LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE HAVING FUN.
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

kers x alaska x zak x derian x scourge x ireign

In a dark, cold box, and unsure why I'm here...

I was still wondering, will my Shellos story get graded after the NWC, as to not make anyone think differently of my story b/c of what a grader might say, or is every just swamped. I understand both cases, especially the second one.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

The fourth part of Left Behind hasn't been graded yet and I believe it has been a week, so I am requesting a grade please

Heya, folks. sorocoroto has just passed the Grader Test. Say congrats or I'll bite you.

THOUGH, I MIGHT BITE YOU, ANYWAY.

If you like people who yell a lot, then you're going to love me. OR MAYBE NOT. I DUNNO.

Heya, folks. sorocoroto has just passed the Grader Test. Say congrats or I'll bite you.

THOUGH, I MIGHT BITE YOU, ANYWAY.
    Congrats, sorocoroto!

Licensed Scientician DrStubbsberg's Avatar

'grats sorocoroto.

Also I do hate to be a bother, but my NWC entry (No Time Like the Present) has sat there without grading since the 2nd (about 3 weeks). If someone could remedy that, it'd be great.
    My newly revamped URPG Stats

Looking for a battle? My AIM is DrStubbsberg. I'm also a ref, so I've got you covered either way.

I own the Dewford Gym

con grat sor
    For My URPG STAT Click the Hyperlink
    my coordinator statshere
    URPG stories below
    Vs Magikarp
    Vs Shellos(NWC 2010)