URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 24
Page 24 of 196 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Insanity is the one truth Senzura's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Okay, after I finish the grader test, how should I send it in?

Should I send in each grade in one PM, or send seperate PMs for each part of the test?

URPG StatslNational Park
    Im a ranger in that URPG thing. ask me to...range?

PM me if you have an idea for a signiture.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Senzura View Post
    Okay, after I finish the grader test, how should I send it in?

Should I send in each grade in one PM, or send seperate PMs for each part of the test?
    If you want to split it up, you can; just make sure you note that you split it up in the title of the PM (mark one with "Part 1", and the other with "Part 2", for example).

Post Thanks / Like

If it's possible, could I get a grader for my story? Currently it is the oldest story up that has not been claimed by a grader or waiting on an older story, and would like to see it claimed before starting on my next one ^^;

Fate and Dreams

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akinai View Post
    If it's possible, could I get a grader for my story? Currently it is the oldest story up that has not been claimed by a grader or waiting on an older story, and would like to see it claimed before starting on my next one ^^;

Fate and Dreams
    After I finish my current claim, I'm on it.

Also, Magik, there's a message for you in your profile, when you get on again.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, if it's possible, could I please get feedback on my story? Thanks.

Feel free to post any comments in the story thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge of Nemo View Post
    Stories aren't up for grabs again unless the grader disappears altogether (which Sequentio has done before, so you may have to hand it off). The grader is also allowed to baton pass the grading responsibilities, as it were. Also, when things move as they normally do, grades generally take up to two weeks. So don't fret too much.
    I can dig it :D

(no pun intended)

So, if Seq isn't on in the next week, I'll ask again, otherwise I can wait :)

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my new font for the month of May. I'll be using a different one every month.

The Grading binge begins right about...now.

The Hit List:
    * ~ *

Positively Poliwag!
    Attempts to capture a Poliwag (Simple). By derian. 8,504 characters. Posted April 15th. Claimed by Scourge of Nemo.

Malevolent Magnemite!
    Attempts to capture a Magnemite (Medium). By derian. 14,194 characters. Posted April 18th. Originally Graded by Neighborhood-Guest; will require re-Grading sometime in the future.

Training Days: Abra
    Attempts to capture an Abra (Hard). By Trilroy. 15,177 characters. Posted April 20th. Originally Graded by Magikchicken; will require re-Grading sometime in the future.

Big adventure
    Attempts to capture a Bidoof (Simple). By blade of blackness. ~10,000+ characters. Posted April 20th. Originally Graded by Neighborhood-Guest; will require re-Grading sometime in the future.

Tracking Entei: Blazing Trails
    Attempts to capture a Sudowoodo (Hard). By Kaiten130. 27,477 characters. Posted April 21st. Originally Graded by SiberianTiger; will require re-Grading sometime in the future.

The Legend of Tailford Mansion
    Attempts to capture a Duskull (Medium). By Senzura. 21,244 characters. Posted April 23rd. Originally Graded by Khajmer; requires re-Grading.

Zane's Stories, Part II - The Spring of Rebirth
    Attempts to capture a Stunky (Medium) and a Charmander (Hard). By Apollo's Caterpie. 33,868 characters. Posted April 24th. Originally Graded by SiberianTiger; will require re-Grading sometime in the future.

Three Meetings
    Attempts to capture a Rattata (Simple). By Minuara. 22,568 characters. Posted April 24th. Claimed by SiberianTiger.

Magne-Might!
    Attempts to capture a Magnemite (Medium). By Chromas. 15,954 characters. Posted April 26th. Originally Graded by Magikchicken; will require re-Grading sometime in the future.

A Smashing Success
    Attempts to capture a Machop (Simple). By Thunder410. 6,183 characters. Posted April 27th. Claimed by Lord_Celebi.

Refusal
    Attempts to capture a Ralts (Medium). By Flammenwerfer. 17,519 characters. Posted April 28th. Originally Graded by SiberianTiger; will require re-Grading sometime in the future.

Number of "Claimed" Stories: 12

* ~ *

By Monday, all of the unclaimed stories in the above list will be Graded, at the least; at the most, all of the above stories will be Graded.

As new stories become available to Grade (this includes any works-in-progress), please post them below so that they may be added to the list.

Now, then...I'm going to get to work.

EDIT (sometime in the future): I've received word from the Chief that the backlog need not be cut down entirely, so I will probably end up leaving anywhere from five to eight stories un-Graded at the end of this binge. That's helpful for me, since something came up earlier that really screwed up my momentum.
    Last edited by Neighborhood-Guest; 6th May 2010 at 05:50 AM.

Prince of All Blazikens! Magikchicken's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished grading "Training Days- Abra," but I had to give it a fail, though I expect it will require re-grading before long.

EDIT: I just graded "A Bad Wish," so I'll now continue on to grade "The Lost Pearl."
    Last edited by Magikchicken; 1st May 2010 at 01:41 PM.
    My Stats Page

The Light Story
    The Shadowed Story

The Dark Story

A Glimpse of the Future

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his FFA winnings??"
    "They're OVER 9000!!!"

Registered User Torchictrainer101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick question, how do you guys respond to puns?

Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torchictrainer101 View Post
    Quick question, how do you guys respond to puns?
    I imagine it depends on how well they fit into the story. I personally would try to make sure they only wind up coming out of a character's mouth - unless you've got a wiseass narrator, which can be difficult to pull off in writing, it'll just disrupt the reading of the story.

That's just in my personal experience, though, and I haven't had the opportunity to use a pun yet in one of my stories.
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

Registered User Torchictrainer101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I need a story graded so I can try a gym battle. Here's one. Oh, and by the way, my Spoink gets a little lonely from time to time, so I think it would be good for it to spend time with other Pokemon.
    A Beginner's Adventure (Graded and Caught!)
    Last edited by Torchictrainer101; 1st May 2010 at 06:15 PM.

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My poor story is sorrounded by graded stories and unfinished works. It is also off the list. If you could add it, I would be very thankful. The Stark Magikarp

I Invented the Pidgeot SiberianTiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost finished with Blazing Trail, and then I'll get started on the other two grades plus anything unclaimed....

URPG Stats
    Legend of the Thief
    All Your Base Are Belong to Lulsec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torchictrainer101 View Post
    I need a story graded so I can try a gym battle. Here's one. Oh, and by the way, my Spoink gets a little lonely from time to time, so I think it would be good for it to spend time with other Pokemon.
    A Beginner's Adventure (Graded and Caught!)
    I'm sorry if I sound rude, but could you please read the first post of a thread before you reply?

The first post of this thread has this line in it:
    please give graders at least one week before you request a grade for your story in this thread
    I understand you're eager to have your story graded, but you must realise that everyone is, and many of them have stories much older than yours. So please, just wait a little :)

Droppin' Nerdy References Stormy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

can i please have some suggestions on this story?
    In Memory of Leafy (wip)
    "Jean is shorter than Brutus, but taller than Imhotep. Imhotep is taller than Jean, but shorter than Lord Scotland. Lord Scotland is twice the height of Jean and Brutus combined, but only one-tenth of the height of Millsy. Millsy is at a constant height of x − y. If Jean stands exactly one nautical mile away from Lord Scotland, how tall is Imhotep?"-Look around You

Answer: Imhotep is invisible.