URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 192

Page 192 of 195 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 2924
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

URPG Lurking Official Jack of Clovers's Avatar

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Thanks for sharing Voltaire. Good stuff.

#7. Any long time author or comic strip artist will agree with this statement. Punchline first, then create the setup.
    |URPG Stats |

Guild Wars 2: JackofClovers.8693 [Crystal Desert]
    Feel free to join me in saving the world!

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So will it be exactly when the URPG adapts Gen 6 that I can post a story for my beloved Honedge?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    So will it be exactly when the URPG adapts Gen 6 that I can post a story for my beloved Honedge?
    You can post your story beforehand, it just won't get graded before release afaik.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Go poke Monbrey, I'm pretty sure that Battles is the only section still getting its shit together. Aside from maybe Art.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Art more or less just utilizes the same ranks as the stories section, so we should be good. Its just the battles section.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    You can post your story beforehand, it just won't get graded before release afaik.
    Anyone care to verify this? Have a story ready to post as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and say yes to this. Keep in mind, however, that not all ranks are 100% confirmed. What's listed in the Ultra Dex is a very likely estimate, but we reserve the right to change them at any time prior to release. If your story is published and your target Pokemon's rank is changed, you're just going to have to modify your story accordingly.

Graders - you can claim the gen 6 stories, but you can't grade them until Gen 6 is officially released in URPG.

Dauntless Fried Chicken Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Voltaire Magneton On Twitter Add Voltaire Magneton on Facebook

A LITTLE HELP FOR GRADERS AND WRITERS!

How to determine a character:

Short spotlight, important = deux ex machina
    Short spotlight, not important = cameo
    Long spotlight, not important = supporting role
    Long spotlight, important = main character-worthy

I just thought of it. Is it accurate?

URPG STATS! Claimed Dusknoir! Leppa Berry! Exp. Share! Pick Up! Parting Shot! Petalburg Woods Forums!

Blog Entries

I know I said that it was unlikely for the Pokemon ranks to be changed, but I do have one change that actually is kind of important.

Klefki: Simple -> Hard.

Nobody who was deciding this really looked to closely at Klefki at the beginning of our sorting process. But then we all played X/Y and some of us went onto Showdown and saw the prevalence it had in that metagame. One of the most frequently used Pokemon of the new generation, and one that looks like it could have some key roles to URPG itself. Sorry that we had to do this after already making it such a low rank and taunting you, but this is probably the best decision in the long run.

Sorry Syn.

/Axion poses in his most Kirk-like Postion.

CCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!

(Camera zooms out)

The Rockin Crocin Trainer RockinCrocodile's Avatar

I'm starting my first story (going for Kricketot) here and I have a question as to my opening paragraph. The main question is do I have to explain the whole room that my main character is in or is the following okay?

"…and in first place," announced a tall man wearing a full suit and tie on a small, brown-framed box-style TV as a 7-year old girl with red shoulder-length hair done up in a ponytail, blue eyes, and tanned skin watched laying on a round, red and white rug, "Is Elsa Garcia!" At that moment, there was a roar of applause as the camera moved over to view a teenaged woman with long, golden hair wearing a bright blue dress as they handed her a microphone. However, a different voice reached the little girl's ears as the woman on the TV was about to speak.
    Also, if this is acceptable, would I have to make any comments about the room if she's leaving it fairly quickly.
    Thank you Reader for my avatar!
    The Rockin Crocodile's URPG Stats
    Friend Code: 1161 - 1073 - 7386
    GRASS-Type Safari: Sawsbuck, Quilladin, Pansage

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RockinCrocodile View Post
    I'm starting my first story (going for Kricketot) here and I have a question as to my opening paragraph. The main question is do I have to explain the whole room that my main character is in or is the following okay?

"…and in first place," announced a tall man wearing a full suit and tie on a small, brown-framed box-style TV as a 7-year old girl with red shoulder-length hair done up in a ponytail, blue eyes, and tanned skin watched laying on a round, red and white rug, "Is Elsa Garcia!" At that moment, there was a roar of applause as the camera moved over to view a teenaged woman with long, golden hair wearing a bright blue dress as they handed her a microphone. However, a different voice reached the little girl's ears as the woman on the TV was about to speak.
    Also, if this is acceptable, would I have to make any comments about the room if she's leaving it fairly quickly.
    If I were you, I'd space out the description more. Description can actually be a lot more effective when just more than enough is used. Endless streams of adjectives slow the reading down and can give an unappealing, monotonous tone to any piece of writing.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockinCrocodile View Post

I think you'll find that a story to capture a Kricketot won't need to be loaded up on high-quality descriptions. Just do your best and the Grader will make comments about whether you did enough or not enough or too much and what will be expected at higher levels.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

A few questions, particularly aimed @Princess Crow;

If I were to do a series of journal articles set in the Pokemon universe (not entirely unlike what I've done before), as if they were written by profs Oak, Elm, Juniper etc, would they be graded?

I'd cover a variety of topic including psychology, philosophy, physiology, sociology and medicine. I wouldn't be focusing on real world accuracy as I did with my papers on the the energy conservation issues in evolution, but rather looking at creative ways of interpreting things that aren't shown in the game or anime, such as how a Ditto's internal physiology changes as it transforms, tribal politics in Machops or New treatments to cure status ailments and isolation of the active ingredients from berries and other similar topics.

If I were to do this, would I be able to use more than 1 article in a single capture?

Each article will be written in LaTeX and I'll upload both the finished PDF and the source code, with a character count for the source (I won't be able to generate one for the article itself). Articles would follow proper journal practice, have an abstract and be divided into sections.

I would love to do this but I want to be sure it'll actually get graded before I start.
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pman View Post
    A few questions, particularly aimed @Princess Crow;

If I were to do a series of journal articles set in the Pokemon universe (not entirely unlike what I've done before), as if they were written by profs Oak, Elm, Juniper etc, would they be graded?

I'd cover a variety of topic including psychology, philosophy, physiology, sociology and medicine. I wouldn't be focusing on real world accuracy as I did with my papers on the the energy conservation issues in evolution, but rather looking at creative ways of interpreting things that aren't shown in the game or anime, such as how a Ditto's internal physiology changes as it transforms, tribal politics in Machops or New treatments to cure status ailments and isolation of the active ingredients from berries and other similar topics.

If I were to do this, would I be able to use more than 1 article in a single capture?

Each article will be written in LaTeX and I'll upload both the finished PDF and the source code, with a character count for the source (I won't be able to generate one for the article itself). Articles would follow proper journal practice, have an abstract and be divided into sections.

I would love to do this but I want to be sure it'll actually get graded before I start.
    These are definitely cool ideas - I would love to read about them. However, I'm not so sure that they'll be able to stand alone to grab captures of more complex Pokémon. Perhaps integrate these into a higher story plot? Maybe the professor is searching for the target Pokémon and writes his/her findings in the process, which is then demonstrated within the story? As it is now, the reports simply wouldn't be complex enough to warrant the more difficult Pokémon, so I would suggest trying to expand on them and create more conventional stories behind them.