Page 189 of 195 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 2921
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Blog Entries
    Follow Felly On Twitter
    Follow Felly on Tumblr

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

omg, nitro, it's called patience. get it plz. we have lives. gosh. But srsly, I guess I'll go claim your story since it's the only one left that needs grading. I GUESS. I DON'T REALLY WANT TO, BUT I GUESS I WILL. jk, i actually want to read it, so that gives me a reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    Anyhow, I'm here because I have a question and nowhere to ask it, and this has...like...something to do with stories. What I'd like to do is have all of my stories in one thread. (When the count gets too numerous I would probably put links in the first post.) That way, I can easily access previous stories (since I plan on having them all continue a single plot line, which has already been fully planned out) without causing discrepancies and stuff. I would be allowed to do this, right?
    Someone on PE2K did that, & I didn't see anyone there complain about it, so I imagine it would be okay here as well.

URPG Grader, Ranger, Official, & Referee
    URPG Stats || Grader Log || Petalburg Woods

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Felly View Post
    omg, nitro, it's called patience. get it plz. we have lives. gosh. But srsly, I guess I'll go claim your story since it's the only one left that needs grading. I GUESS. I DON'T REALLY WANT TO, BUT I GUESS I WILL. jk, i actually want to read it, so that gives me a reason to.
    omg felly don't make me ban you

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

Dauntless Fried Chicken Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Voltaire Magneton On Twitter Add Voltaire Magneton on Facebook

I think I made basic grades... When is the wages, anyway?

URPG STATS! Claimed Dusknoir! Leppa Berry! Exp. Share! Pick Up! Headbutt! Petalburg Woods Forums!

Blog Entries

Wages pop up at the end of the month. Probably a week from today, or possibly a week from tomorrow.

Creature - Rat Cleric ImperialSunlight's Avatar

Visit ImperialSunlight's Youtube Channel

I'm going to be starting the next part of The Sunless sometime this week, so any tips for it or additional feedback on the previous story would be more than helpful. :)
    "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
    URPG STATS | The Sunless - 0

Blog Entries

So this has been an argument for a while now, and I think it's time to put an end to it:

From now on, all story passes impact the Minimum Character Requirement, not the rank of the Pokémon.

This means that all 5k Story Passes now remove 10% of the Minimum Character Requirement, and all 10k Story Passes remove 25% of the MCR. This applies to all story passes, unless you can prove that your pass was different (I believe there was a specialized Story Pass handed out at a semi-recent auction). This makes the most sense for the Story section, as the difference between ranks at the higher levels rarely validates the loss of significant length, especially for the cost of 5-10k. PLUS WE CAN'T HAVE PEOPLE GETTING MAGIKARPS FOR FREE!

If you have something to add or explain, feel free to post your response.

Blog Entries
    Follow Felly On Twitter
    Follow Felly on Tumblr

I am so glad Story Passes are only handed out in gift stations & at some auctions. xD Felly doesn't math at all.

Dauntless Fried Chicken Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Voltaire Magneton On Twitter Add Voltaire Magneton on Facebook

So in the past:

Magikarp + Story Pass = FREE?!

URPG STATS! Claimed Dusknoir! Leppa Berry! Exp. Share! Pick Up! Headbutt! Petalburg Woods Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Magneton View Post
    So in the past:

Magikarp + Story Pass = FREE?!
    You would have to write SOMEthing, though if you're using a Story Pass for a Magikarp you have to be pretty desperate for any Mon.
    Voltaire Magneton and Felly like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Crow View Post
    So this has been an argument for a while now, and I think it's time to put an end to it:

From now on, all story passes impact the Minimum Character Requirement, not the rank of the Pokémon.

This means that all 5k Story Passes now remove 10% of the Minimum Character Requirement, and all 10k Story Passes remove 25% of the MCR. This applies to all story passes, unless you can prove that your pass was different (I believe there was a specialized Story Pass handed out at a semi-recent auction). This makes the most sense for the Story section, as the difference between ranks at the higher levels rarely validates the loss of significant length, especially for the cost of 5-10k. PLUS WE CAN'T HAVE PEOPLE GETTING MAGIKARPS FOR FREE!

If you have something to add or explain, feel free to post your response.
    You might've already done this and idk, but I'm going to make sure, this should probably be editted into some stickied story thread. If not, it'll get could very easily end up forgotten like Pidge's auction thing, and then the argument will crop up all over again.

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

Blog Entries

I have two Story Passes that were for 20% MCR reduction that I've had for ages. Do those stay @ 20 or do they increase/decrease?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
    I have two Story Passes that were for 20% MCR reduction that I've had for ages. Do those stay @ 20 or do they increase/decrease?
    Sure, keep it at 20%. Before the passes could be bought for either 5k or 10k, the percentages varied, and it honestly didn't matter too much. As long as you keep it where it was, I see no problem as to why it can't stay at the original amount.

And the free Magikarp example is an extreme exaggeration. The argument is that the pass decreases the rank of a single Pokémon, but Magikarp is the lowest rank, so the question rises if you would get the Magikarp for free. The answer was vague, but it's now a definite no.

Also I already edited it into the Grading Group/Grading Guide!

Quick explanation to the Rank modifiers:

Stories section doesn't pass or fail based on MCR. The character minimums are not a bible, and should not be treated as such. This fact is even written in disclaimer form at the top of << All the Pokemon We Don't Hate >>.

This means the story is judged on overall composition. Yes, the character ranges are pretty accurate, and should be used as a guideline when determining outcome. But, that is because more advanced stories typically need the extra cc to be such high-level. A Merciless plotline will most likely not fit into 20k. I'm not saying it cannot be done, but the skill required to accomplish that kind of achievement is probably out of our user range. :P

That said: story tickets are useless. They do not affect tier, and they do not affect outcome of capture. All they affect is MCR - something that is not actually a requirement in the first place.

For example: Let's say someone uses their 20% off story ticket on an attempted Abra.

Cool! I can remove 4000 characters from my required 20,000 characters!

Not cool. The 20,000 characters are not a requirement. They are a guideline. This means that the author now "has" to write a Hard-level story within a span of 16,000 characters. They've made it more difficult on themselves, and essentially wasted a story ticket. If they managed to write for a Hard rank within 16,000, that's great. But they didn't need the story ticket to pull that off; it would have been a capture regardless.

CC is an incredibly common misconception with grading. I DUN UNDERSTAND HOW WE COULD HAVE MADE IT ANY MORE CLEAR... PERHAPS IN BOLD ABOVE THE TIER EXPLANATIONS? owait. xD The story is the most important part of the story. The story decides whether or not the story passes or fails. The grade is an assessment of all of the criteria combined and then judged as a whole in the outcome. If any section should have highest impact, it should be the plot. Not details. Not grammar. And most definitely not cc.

SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR STORY TICKETS, YOU ASK

Nothing. It's why I've rarely (almost never) seen them used since they've first begun existing. They do not, and will not affect the odds or difficulty of capture. They simply make the author feel like they "have" to write less. I unofficially addressed this issue last summer, and changed the MCR reduction to Rank reduction in effort to actually make these things useful, but forgot to make it OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL. MY BAD. I'M SORRY, HANNAH.

The tier ratios are not significant enough for this to be a problem. Whether it's Stupefying to Merciless, Merciless to Demanding, Demanding to Complex, Complex to Hard, etc., you're only dropping one difficulty and saving yourself an estimated max of 15k. This is not substantial enough to be "OP", especially if used at the highest tiers of writing requirements. (you'd still have to write a Demanding level story if your target is in Merciless rank) These Passes are also not meant to be handed out at whim, they were specifically intended for special occasions like auctions and gift stations, and a hopeful motivation in increasing Story board activity.

And obv. a pass would be void at Easiest Rank. >:

I am (happily) no longer Head, so if Hannah wants to change them back to %off "MCR", by all means go for it. Just figured I'd elaborate on the confusion, and the reason why they were changed. I AM ENJOYING MY BREEZE-EASY (SECOND)RETIREMENT HERE IN THE CARIBBEAN. SORRY YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH THESE PROBLEMS, PRECIOUS. (Sucka' >:DDDDDD I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeee.)

Yeah, this wasn't a quick explanation.
    Last edited by EmBreon; 29th April 2013 at 08:07 PM.

urpg

Blog Entries

To be honest, I'm completely indifferent to either side. They both are valid, and I basically only chose one because nobody could find what was actually the rule. We looked through a bunch of threads and couldn't find anything saying either way, so I just had to stomp my foot and say one way or the other.

I see where Emma's coming from, and I certainly agree with Winter and the other ideas as well. This is currently up for discussion completely, and anybody can add their opinions on it.

EDIT: Also, would the graders reading this prefer wages to be on the last weekend of the month or the literal last day of the month? Either works for me, but I think you guys should have a specific idea as to when they should pop up.

Blog Entries
    Follow Felly On Twitter
    Follow Felly on Tumblr

Either way's fine with me for the wages. I just like seeing them because wages = money for EMs, & money for EMs = better 'mons. Better 'mons = winning more battles.
    Voltaire Magneton and Smiles like this.