URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 187
Page 187 of 197 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2949

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Magneton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcan539 View Post
    hey guys, I'm stuck with even starting my story.
    I'v got a problem were I'm not very good at ether art or writing/story telling and I don't feel like I could produce anything that is up to standard for URPG.

I'm wondering if there are any good tutorials or people willing to give me feed back, or suggestions on how to begin something like this.

thanks
    vulcan539
    try reading the How to Write Freaking Stories sticky thread. It could help.

You could also post your ideas, bits of story text, or specific questions here if you wanted. I'm sure there are a few people around who would be happy to give you feedback.

In fact, please do. This thread could use some love. :<
    Last edited by EmBreon; 8th April 2013 at 11:39 AM.

urpg

[QUOTE=EmBreon;4701458]

You could also post your ideas, bits of story text, or specific questions here if you wanted. I'm sure there are a few people around who would be happy to give you feedback.

Well I'v already started my story witch you can read hear.:A Journey of 1000 miles and I'm more then open to any and all constructive comments and critisim.

Blog Entries

I have a story that is currently pushing the limit of what is acceptable to post on here, I kind of want to take it over that limit, is there any way I can have it graded and available to those over 18 but not below? It will also be insanely slow introducing pokemon, if I do end up deciding to go down that route (think 45-50k chars before the first mon mentioned).
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pman View Post
    I have a story that is currently pushing the limit of what is acceptable to post on here, I kind of want to take it over that limit, is there any way I can have it graded and available to those over 18 but not below? It will also be insanely slow introducing pokemon, if I do end up deciding to go down that route (think 45-50k chars before the first mon mentioned).
    Maybe you should be a bit more specific when you say "pushing the limit of what's acceptable" lol. As for making it available only to certain people, unfortunately there's no way the forum can filter people by age. A person determined to read the story would just create another account and put their profile page as 18 or older. The best you can do is put a disclaimer and list exactly why the story has it so people know up front what they're reading before even hitting the first sentence.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pman View Post
    Maybe you should be a bit more specific when you say "pushing the limit of what's acceptable" lol. As for making it available only to certain people, unfortunately there's no way the forum can filter people by age. A person determined to read the story would just create another account and put their profile page as 18 or older. The best you can do is put a disclaimer and list exactly why the story has it so people know up front what they're reading before even hitting the first sentence.
    It's currently pushing the limit in the sexual and gender exploration themes contained within. If I were rating it, I might rate it PG now, bordering on M, but it will probably hit M or R later.
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

We do what we must ApertureScience's Avatar

Hey, could you guys give me some feedback on this? I'm not sure if I should try for the Sewaddle I had planned for, or try to go something higher like a Medium. Introduction alone has almost taken up the amount needed for Sewaddle, at around 2,800 or so characters.

So, yeah. What would should I try for? Also, is there anything I could improve on?

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ApertureScience View Post
    Hey, could you guys give me some feedback on this? I'm not sure if I should try for the Sewaddle I had planned for, or try to go something higher like a Medium. Introduction alone has almost taken up the amount needed for Sewaddle, at around 2,800 or so characters.

So, yeah. What would should I try for? Also, is there anything I could improve on?
    The only thing I have to say is, don't use the length of your story as the basis for choosing which rank of Pokemon you're going to go for. You could be well over the recommended range and still not capture it; likewise, you could be just at the bare minimum or even under but still manage to capture it. Length really isn't the biggest issue/factor, I'd say. It still all goes back to your content - to the plot, characters, and details... Though I'm probably not the best person to ask, but I'd say for a first story (I assume it is your first - apologies if I'm wrong) it's not a bad start.
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

[QUOTE=EmBreon;4701458]

There should be more love for this thread.
    Anyways I'v finished the first 3 chapters of my first fan fic. A Journey of 1000 miles

It's not jumping straight into battling and capturing, so I'v got it up over in the general writing area.
    But regardless as this is my first fan-fic I looking for constructive comments and critisim. I don't mind negative C&C in fact I want to see it, but only if its constructive and not "This sucks, go home" etc.

[QUOTE=vulcan539;4704150]
    Quote Originally Posted by EmBreon View Post

There should be more love for this thread.
    Anyways I'v finished the first 3 chapters of my first fan fic. A Journey of 1000 miles

It's not jumping straight into battling and capturing, so I'v got it up over in the general writing area.
    But regardless as this is my first fan-fic I looking for constructive comments and critisim. I don't mind negative C&C in fact I want to see it, but only if its constructive and not "This sucks, go home" etc.
    Just so you know, your story doesn't need to have battling or capturing to be posted in the URPG stories section. Just about any story involving Pokemon is all right :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Lark View Post
    Just so you know, your story doesn't need to have battling or capturing to be posted in the URPG stories section. Just about any story involving Pokemon is all right :)
    Really? I thought that it had to, to be posted hear?
    I was just going to post capture and battle chapters hear as that's all I thought that could be.

Might go make a thread hear so I don't have to keep post for feed back about completed chapters in this thread.

Blog Entries
    Follow Felly On Twitter
    Follow Felly on Tumblr

No, battling or capturing isn't necessary in a URPG story unless you want it to be part of the story. It's not required at all, and graders prefer that you get more creative when writing for your Pokemon. You could write a story telling about the life of a Caterpie and it would be fine. that's probably a bad example too.

But as long as the Pokemon you're capturing has significance in the story, it should be fine. It really depends on the rank of the Pokemon you're writing for too. A Magikarp could be mentioned once or twice, and you could capture it because it's of the Easiest rank. However, if you wanted to catch something of the Medium rank, you'd have to get the Pokemon you're trying to capture more involved in the plot of the story. If you wanted to write for a Volcarona, which is of the Stupefying rank, you'd have to write something pretty amazing in order to get it. It all depends on the rank and the Pokemon~

URPG Grader, Ranger, Official, & Referee
    URPG Stats || Petalburg Woods

Anyone want to write me a Stunfisk. I have a lot of Pokemon I can trade. IM/PM if interested.
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    Anyone want to write me a Stunfisk. I have a lot of Pokemon I can trade. IM/PM if interested.
    so needy

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    so needy
    Yup. I have needs.
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

Merry Chrithmath! VoltChen Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow VoltChen Magneton On Twitter Add VoltChen Magneton on Facebook

Look at those stories I can't grade yet. :(

Gah, I'm so excited xD
    DAEHYUN: OH MY GOD YOUR KNEES'S SO LOW MY SHIP COULD BUTTER TEN GIRLS OH WOAH
    ~SEOHYUN~
    URPG STATS! Claimed Dusknoir! Leppa Berry! Exp. Share! Pick Up! Parting Shot! Petalburg Woods Forums!