URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 104
Page 104 of 197 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2946

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Blog Entries

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Alaska should be Scourge's baby potato, or bayto for short.

*puts up for adoption*

I'm going to start kicking random "deep" writing-based topics around here. LET'S START WITH A BORING ONE: what's your favorite "type" of story, and why. Type could mean genre, plotline, culture, atmosphere... whatever. JUST DISCUSS IT.
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

kers x alaska x zak x derian x scourge x ireign

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge of Nemo View Post
    *puts up for adoption*

I'm going to start kicking random "deep" writing-based topics around here. LET'S START WITH A BORING ONE: what's your favorite "type" of story, and why. Type could mean genre, plotline, culture, atmosphere... whatever. JUST DISCUSS IT.
    I like to read all types of things, but there can't be too many grammar issues and stuff because my mind hones in on those and it distracts me from fully enjoying the story. I'll read just about anything else. Also, I usually like third person perspective better than first person, even though first person seems to be more common these days.

Also, a writer gets extra points if they make the story funny. Even subtle humor or abstract references makes me smile. Since I fail at funny when I write, I look for it in others' work.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Abstract references like Ivy Summers and Lust? :D

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    Abstract references like Ivy Summers and Lust? :D
    Frost would've been closer. And Lust is totally obvious. Not abstract at all.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I already have Isabella Frost in The Moral Highground.
    And fine than about Lust! =( But I think most people know who she is by now anyway

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*puts up for adoption*

I like turtles.

EDIT: And by turtles I mean slow moving stories that ultimately reward you in the end. And if they involve mind blowing plot twists, that is just even better.

*puts up for adoption*

Dark, thoughtful, thought-through, insightful, ever-changing, twisted with twists, morals and values, and good guy may not always win. WITH REFERENCES TO HISTORIC THINGS.

Why? BECAUSE IT MAKES THE STORY INTERESTING TO READ UH-DURP.

I liek stories with mature subject matter. ^_^
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

If a grader claims your story, but then goes inactive indefinitely, are you allowed to request a new grader?

Lurking URPG Veteran Jack of Clovers's Avatar

I would guess that after a week if a claimed story isn't graded that it would be fine to request a new grader. Probably PM that grader too, so they know you made a new request. And here you are, waiting patiently for almost two months. :'(

~Jack~
    |URPG Stats |

Lurking all the time. Too lazy to sign in.

Guild Wars 2: JackofClovers.8693

alright, thanks. ive been wondering for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Dares View Post
    If a grader claims your story, but then goes inactive indefinitely, are you allowed to request a new grader?
    It depends on what you mean by indefinitely - we have some graders that grab a story, then disappear for a week as they mull it over, or are eaten by other things. If it gets to a couple weeks and they haven't even logged in, or been seen on AIM or w/e, then i'd request a new one.

*puts up for adoption*

My favorite type of story to write would have to involve my avatar; it lets me develop him more thoroughly, but the occasional offshoot (the Pokemon War, for example) lets me do other things as well.

My favorite type of story to read, well... I'd have to agree with Vines about the grammar. If there's the occasional apostrophe in a non-possessive plural, I twitch, but that's about it. However, if the story is harder to read because of it, I enjoy it significantly less than I would have, no matter how good the plot, characters, and dialogue are done. I understand that grammar is hard for some people, especially if English isn't their first language, but at least the basics that are explained in the 'How To Write Stories' thread should be used.
    Last edited by evanfardreamer; 9th December 2010 at 08:15 PM.
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

Hey. Hey guys. Look at me.

Okay, now that I've got your attention, I just wanted to say that my final exams will be done in just over a week, and then I've got a month with nothing to do. So, after I finish the pe2k grading backlog (shouldn't take too much longer...), y'all can send me your stories.

However, what I'm really interested in are recommendations for the library. It hasn't gotten nearly as much attention as it deserves, and I for one would like to change that. If you'd like me to take a look at a story, all I need is a link and the genre you think it might get an emblem for. Please only recommend your own stories to me, though, and here's why: My standards are going to be pretty high. If you recommend someone else's story and they haven't edited it since it was last graded or whatever, and they fail because of that, I don't think they'd be too happy that you recommended them. You're obviously more than welcome to tell them you think they should recommend themselves. Anyways, before sending me recommendations, I strongly suggest you take a good, hard look at your story. Definitely make any changes the grader thought you needed. And then change it some more, so it's absolutely stellar.

If you want, I can even take a look at it and tell you my opinion before I recommend it in the library, giving you more advice on how to improve. All you need to do is ask.

So yeah, that's about it. Attention-grubbing over.

Blog Entries

My WWC entry is coming to a close now. Hopefully it will be done within a few more days, and I mght actuaoly stand a chance, even for just the preliminary round. It's about zombeh's and death and cool stuff like that ^^