URPG Stories Chat and Feedback - Page 100
Page 100 of 196 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2938

Thread: URPG Stories Chat and Feedback

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

No, it involves handcuffs, a bed and a very convinient Growlithe :)

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, you should be fine. Bahahaha.
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

kers x alaska x zak x derian x scourge x ireign

Post Thanks / Like

Ace, your starting to sound alot like Alaska, Actually I think she attempted to get me in a story like that. Except it involved Peanut Butter, and alot of dogs.
    Pokemon LeafGreen Nuzlocke: Viridian City

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:P I'm glad the stories approved. But it's just an idea I've had for a while now, but was used in a different sense. When the story deal came up, I decided to go with it

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    Oh, it isn't homosexual rape (nothing wrong with that :P), it's a girl that kidnaps a guy. And she doesn't actually get close, she just sort of plans too and tells him, but he will most likely manage to escape before she can attempt it.
    I like the 'most likely'. Y'know, I can only think of like, one girl that would kidnap and try to rape a dude. Her name escapes me right now, but I'm going to assume that she at least semi-inspired this character.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    I like the 'most likely'. Y'know, I can only think of like, one girl that would kidnap and try to rape a dude. Her name escapes me right now, but I'm going to assume that she at least semi-inspired this character.
    Funny thing is, I've been treated to a bit of a character description for the guy, and for some reason he seemed oddly familiar to me too. Like he'd somehow attract the girl to kidnap and rape him.

...Weird.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    Would someone be willing to proofread my story? I will provide a link if you want to.
    I'd proofread for you. I like that sort of stuff.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmmm... I wonder who Monbrey and Alaska are referring to... hmmmmmmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterVines View Post
    I'd proofread for you. I like that sort of stuff.
    Cool. Get back to me when you can, but no rush. Its not like I can't stall Monbrey out.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Licensed Scientician DrStubbsberg's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, I was writing a new story and wanted to see what you thought of something I came up with. I decided to have a mention or two of Gen V Pokemon, but was all torn up about the fact that there is no English regionalised names for most of them when this idea hit me.
    Ishhu/Unova is a foreign country compared to the four regions, so why not have non-Isshu characters refer to the region and Pokemon by the Romanised Japanese names (as Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh people are equivalent Japanese anyway), whilst Isshu natives will use the English equivalents (and vice-versa; Issu characters will refer to Gen I-IV Pokemon by Romanised Japanese names).
    So what do you think?
    My newly revamped URPG Stats

Looking for a battle? My AIM is DrStubbsberg. I'm also a ref, so I've got you covered either way.

I own the Dewford Gym

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrStubbsberg View Post
    Hey guys, I was writing a new story and wanted to see what you thought of something I came up with. I decided to have a mention or two of Gen V Pokemon, but was all torn up about the fact that there is no English regionalised names for most of them when this idea hit me.
    Ishhu/Unova is a foreign country compared to the four regions, so why not have non-Isshu characters refer to the region and Pokemon by the Romanised Japanese names (as Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh people are equivalent Japanese anyway), whilst Isshu natives will use the English equivalents (and vice-versa; Issu characters will refer to Gen I-IV Pokemon by Romanised Japanese names).
    So what do you think?
    That's an awesome idea, Stubbsy. Kinda wish I'd thought of it.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrStubbsberg View Post
    So what do you think?
    That's one of those weird-but-awesome cultural nuances that make Pokémon fanfiction beastly on the underneath. GO DO IT.

Also. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/101130/odds/odd_us_potatoes_diet_1
    Last edited by Scourge of Nemo; 1st December 2010 at 10:35 AM.
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

kers x alaska x zak x derian x scourge x ireign

Licensed Scientician DrStubbsberg's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, obviously the trait won't come over too strongly until I start introducing Ishhu Region characters, closer to the BW release so I have more English names to work with, but I'm glad you like it. By the way I'm not overly protective of the idea, so others can use it if you like.
    My newly revamped URPG Stats

Looking for a battle? My AIM is DrStubbsberg. I'm also a ref, so I've got you covered either way.

I own the Dewford Gym

Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an idea that I'd like to get some help constructing; basically, it's going to be a post-apocalyptic Pokemon story. The world diverges from the Pokemon anime at the place of the first movie; Mew was too busy doing its own thing at the bottom of the ocean to come investigate Mewtwo's Island, so it wasn't there for the major battle that took place, leaving Mewtwo free to intervene in all of the battles for its cloned Pokemon. It roundly defeated all the Trainers there and then left the island; it was then set upon by Kyogre and Groudon who were trying to defend the world from its assault.

Mewtwo at this point had become even more powerful, and as such warped Kyogre and Groudon's attacks so they didn't work as intended; this caused all sorts of earthquakes, tsunamis, tidal waves, etc. to wrack the earth. Mewtwo finally locked Kyogre away in a sphere of earth atop the highest mountain, and Groudon in a bubble of water at the bottom of the deepest ocean, and then asserted its control over the laws of physics.

The biggest change that it made was that combustion no longer worked the same. Fire now only burned reluctantly in the best of conditions, meaning things like the internal combustion engines were worthless; this caused a collapse of most of the rest of society, leaving most towns either wrecked from natural disasters, or deserted when the looters and bandits came through.

That's the general background of my idea. The story would focus around Pokemon Trainers in a Road Warrior-esque feel; trainers wander from place to place, righting wrongs, fighting injustice, and living by the Trainer Code, which I can enumerate if the story needs it. If I don't, however, it doesn't limit what the code can be, and it can be a plot device for all sorts of things.

Since existing technology is far less common, and useful, than it had been before this all happened, a lot of the manufactured goods have ceased production. This means that Pokeballs, Potions, Antidotes, etc. are all but gone; the last few Apricorn smiths are the only ones who can make the respective balls, berries are the only way to do healing, etc. Trainers are very protective of said smiths, generally hiding them away in hard-to-reach locations with a Pokemon or two to guard them. They also protect berry patches, although most of them are unpalatable to humans.

So yeah, I'd love to have feedback; suggestions, criticisms, things I've forgotten or can skip.
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post
    I have an idea that I'd like to get some help constructing; basically, it's going to be a post-apocalyptic Pokemon story. The world diverges from the Pokemon anime at the place of the first movie; Mew was too busy doing its own thing at the bottom of the ocean to come investigate Mewtwo's Island, so it wasn't there for the major battle that took place, leaving Mewtwo free to intervene in all of the battles for its cloned Pokemon. It roundly defeated all the Trainers there and then left the island; it was then set upon by Kyogre and Groudon who were trying to defend the world from its assault.

Mewtwo at this point had become even more powerful, and as such warped Kyogre and Groudon's attacks so they didn't work as intended; this caused all sorts of earthquakes, tsunamis, tidal waves, etc. to wrack the earth. Mewtwo finally locked Kyogre away in a sphere of earth atop the highest mountain, and Groudon in a bubble of water at the bottom of the deepest ocean, and then asserted its control over the laws of physics.

The biggest change that it made was that combustion no longer worked the same. Fire now only burned reluctantly in the best of conditions, meaning things like the internal combustion engines were worthless; this caused a collapse of most of the rest of society, leaving most towns either wrecked from natural disasters, or deserted when the looters and bandits came through.

That's the general background of my idea. The story would focus around Pokemon Trainers in a Road Warrior-esque feel; trainers wander from place to place, righting wrongs, fighting injustice, and living by the Trainer Code, which I can enumerate if the story needs it. If I don't, however, it doesn't limit what the code can be, and it can be a plot device for all sorts of things.

Since existing technology is far less common, and useful, than it had been before this all happened, a lot of the manufactured goods have ceased production. This means that Pokeballs, Potions, Antidotes, etc. are all but gone; the last few Apricorn smiths are the only ones who can make the respective balls, berries are the only way to do healing, etc. Trainers are very protective of said smiths, generally hiding them away in hard-to-reach locations with a Pokemon or two to guard them. They also protect berry patches, although most of them are unpalatable to humans.

So yeah, I'd love to have feedback; suggestions, criticisms, things I've forgotten or can skip.
    I really like this idea it seems like a good way of bringing in an apocalyptic world within the realms of Pokemon.

A question I have is what of other legendaries whilst Mewtwo is on its rampage. I.e. Rayquaza, since the other two get involved it seems logical that it would as well. Also it is easy enough to continue this train of thought that if Mewtwo was messing stuff enough would he invoke the wrath of Diagla/Palkia/Giratina, or even the lord and creator Arceus. (Who comes down in bug form and eats mewtwo for fun?) Also Mew, seeing as he wasn't around during the first battle what happens when it resurfaces and is all "Aww shit! MEEWWTWOOOO!!" -insert Mew rage here-

And from a purely physics/chemistry based point of view in what way has Mewtwo played with the atmosphere to induce a combustion preventing atmosphere? Would this mess with all fire Pokemon rendering them inert, or just useless most of the time?

Anyway I will shush now as I have run out of ideas, but yeah i like your story and can't wait to get the chance to read it!