TPW Expansion Preparation - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TPW Expansion Preparation

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Default Re: TPW Expansion Preparation

I can understand your irritation with the potential slowness of the Grading Board, but forcing people to Grade is not really a good option (if that's what you're suggesting). The only way you can force someone to do something is to threaten them with a punishment, and the only viable one I can think of is to say that if you don't grade your allotment, your Grader license gets revoked.

I gotta say, I'd fight that lol. I spent a lot of time and effort becoming a Grader, and even though I Grade maybe one story every three months these days I still like the option. It's always better to try and improve the rewards of doing a job as opposed to putting on a requirement.

Here's an idea, do what I did. Become a Grader, and then grade-swap xD
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

We used to occasionally run grading competitions to see who could finish the most grades that were at least Basic levels. However, right now, the story list is nothing. Trust me, it used to get up to 50 stories long. Feel lucky. I'm pretty proud of our graders for doing as good of a job as they are. :D
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

WhatWasOnceIsNoLongerWere Phantom Kat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donyor View Post
    The story list needs to be actually used, maybe set a grading quota. Something low like one grade every two weeks, just something to make sure graders actually grade. Besides virtual cash.
    I just wanted to point out that you will get stories graded a lot faster if you PM a grader rather than wait for someone to come and check out your story. Some Graders, like myself, don't care much for the money so don't actively go and search for stories. Just check out the Stories board to see which Graders are active and PM them once your story has a while waiting.

Also, alaska brought up a good point. When the new branch opens, we will (hopefully) have a bunch of stories to grade. I think that would be a good time to hold another grading competition. That way, graders can have something to be a part off rather than let the new members have all the fun with their Newbie Writing Contest. Thoughts on this?

Tomorrow, I will start compiling a list of examples stories, both the re-graded stories and the rank stories. Once again, feel free to link me to any you have in mind.

- Kat

URPG Stats | Banner by Knightblazer

AV art: *biscuitcrumbs | Character: me

Then the rules should be more clear, when I looked at the rules I saw that I shouldn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Donyor View Post
    Then the rules should be more clear, when I looked at the rules I saw that I shouldn't do that.
    What the rules mean is that give your story about a week before you start talking to graders. After that, feel free to approach us at will. Personally, I'd like to keep wait times under a week, as we've got written in the Story List. However, you've also got to realize that our graders are generally bright, hard working people and that aside from the URPG they also have real life issues such as homework/studying/work to deal with. We'll get to your stories and get them graded as soon as we can. If you've been waiting a particularly long time (over a month), then we generally will jump on it if you tell us. Trust me, during the Great Backlogs of '11 and '10 we all experienced waiting a month or more for a story to be graded :X WE KNOW YOUR PAIN, BROTHER. So uh...

tl;dr, wait a week before mentioning it to a grader, then bug us as much as you want, just remember that we're people too :D
    我正在学中文

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    during the Great Backlogs of '11 and '10
    Aye, those were some dark days, but none were quite as dark as the backlog of '68. You young'uns don't know how good you had it. If we wanted a grade, we had to walk 20 miles uphill through the snow. And don't even get me started on the application process.

Blog Entries

Don't be silly, there was no such thing as graders in '68! They didn't repopulate until the '70s, as you very well should know. You're the one who wiped them all out in the Second World War. >:{

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Don't be silly, there was no such thing as graders in '68! They didn't repopulate until the '70s, as you very well should know. You're the one who wiped them all out in the Second World War. >:{
    Well, then that is probably why it took so long to grade! They kept telling me I just had to send in more box tops. I ate cereal every day for four years. Four years. That's how much I wanted that grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    Well, then that is probably why it took so long to grade! They kept telling me I just had to send in more box tops. I ate cereal every day for four years. Four years. That's how much I wanted that grade.
    And then there was the grader shortage during the War of 1812. SURELY YOU MUST REMEMBER.
    我正在学中文

Blog Entries

btw new members these things didn't actually happen

SHUT UP, SYN. LET US RELIVE OUR GLORY DAYS IN PEACE.

Um. Also. We should try to do a bit of pre-recruitment, or something, if possible. 'Cause last time we were like, "OH, WE'RE FINE." And then it exploded, and NG had to grade like sixty stories in a week and a half.
    URPG Statistics
    Running Through Daisies

kers x alaska x zak x derian x scourge x ireign

Blog Entries

Yeah, I don't think we have enough truly active graders to deal with the expansion. I think that there are a few people who're interested. WE COULD ROOT AROUND AND FORCE PEOPLE TO TAKE THE GRADER TEST. However, finding people who both want to grade and can actually grade is probably going to be sort of difficult. ISH. If worst comes to worst, we can just all go on wild grading sprees and anyone who doesn't join in gets decapitated.

Here's an example of how we can recruit:
    psst @Akinai; TAKE THE DAMN GRADER TEST.

I'm working on it! >:o

*disappears before the other Graders appear*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akinai View Post
    I'm working on it! >:o

*disappears before the other Graders appear*
    Yeah, me too. =P

Anyways, yeah, I think we should be fine or whatever. We had a larger starting user base, and the like.

If you want to get a feel for the writing standard of TPW, just take a look at their fanfic section. I'm too lazy at the moment, but it might help you out when deciding the ranks of the NWC.

I entered the NWC on PE2K, am I cool yet? :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast