~Welcome to the Summer Writing Competition!~
It's here again folks, and it's citrus and sunshine flavored! Welcome to the 2013 Summer Writing Competition (SWC)! YAY! For new and veteran authors, the Summer Writing Competition is one of two annual writing competitions hosted on the URPG. It's a great opportunity to post your work and possibly win a grand prize - a permanent legendary! There are more prizes, from Pokemon to monetary prizes just for voting! Come on in and participate in the SWC today!
- You may submit a story from July 1st to 11:59 P.M. PST July 31st; any story posted before or after this time frame will be deemed ineligible for this competition.
- You may write as many stories as you wish! However, you may only submit one story into the SWC. Please put SWC somewhere in your thread title for our convenience.
- Your entry can be no longer than 150,000 characters.
- You must be a member of the URPG to participate in the SWC. If you're not a URPGer yet, go sign up! We'd love for you to participate!
Once the submission window closes, I'll be dividing the stories into a number of rounds. There's a 3k prize just for voting in one round! Here's a bit more about voting:
- You must be a member of the URPG to vote.
- When voting, vote for your favorite story within the round, and not your favorite person. Winners of this competition should be selected by the depth of creativity and talent featured in the story, not by the person.
- If your story is featured in a round, you can still vote! In fact, you'll get an extra three points for voting in the round your story is featured in! What's not allowed is voting for yourself. That'd be awkward.
- Voters will receive 3k for voting, claimable at the end of that round. There might be a special prize for those who vote in all the rounds!~
- Voting time frame and total rounds will be announced once the submission window closes. There will be preliminary rounds, and then a final round!
- When voting, send me a private message with the stories you liked the best in that round, with 1 being your favorite story and 3 being your least favorite story in that round. The story that has the highest combined tally in that round will win that round!
- Include a two-sentence summary of the story in your private message. For those who like seeing examples, here's a cute example!
HA now you can't use any of those ideas!Originally Posted by PM from a handsome and winsome young man
Except that last one was just a Donnie Darko summary.
What you've all been waiting for! Victory in this competition is a highly commendable achievement, and will thus feature great prizes!
1st Place: a permanent Legendary Pokemon of your choosing and $10,000! oh baby!
2nd Place: a Complex Pokemon of your choosing and $8,000!
3rd Place: a Hard Pokemon of your choosing and $5,000!
Prizes are subject to change based on amount of entries.
4. Jack of Clovers
6. Neo Pikachu
8. Pokemon Trainer Sarah
14. Phantom Kat
Life Goes On by ChainReaction01
Fantina's Balloon by Felly
There and Back Again by Airik
Command and Conquer by CrazyLilChicken
Brotherhood by Elysia
Olivia's Playground by Fawkes.
The Long Road by Axion
Imagine If... by Magikchicken
The Spark by PianoManGibb
25- Cave In by Jack of Clovers
Just your typical cave by Synthesis
Knightfall by AmericanTreeFrog
The Cost of Living by WinterVines
The First Step by Zoro
A Hero's Heart by AceTrainerLiam
Best of luck to you! Have fun, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Happy writing!