Project Admirable Advertising

Thread: Project Admirable Advertising

Post Thanks / Like

Default Project Admirable Advertising

Okay, so you like reading, writing, grading, Pokemon, URPG, noodles, etc. You're also good at these things and want to do something with them. At the same time, you'd like to help with the lull in activity. So what do you do? Well, we're looking for ways to reach out to BMG's Writer's Workshop! Here's what we need to do:

-Coordinate this with BMG
    -Create some cool advertising that's unique and interesting (I'm thinking a story book about the story section or URPG, but whatever you guys want)
    -Start writing stories in Writer's Workshop and reviewing people's stories, let's really become part of the community!
    -Post other suggestions below
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Project Admirable Advertising

Not much to say other then I just messeged Gama(the head mod there) about this, and i will update as soon as i get a reply.
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMasta View Post
    Not much to say other then I just messeged Gama(the head mod there) about this, and i will update as soon as i get a reply.
    I've also contacted Acetrainer14, so hopefully we get some positive feedback. Now. Anybody have any ideas of what we could do?
    我正在学中文

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've noticed that there's a review exchange in the Writer's Workshop; would it be possible to implement something like that between the WW and the URPG story section? If you wanted reviews for your story in the URPG, you could arrange something with a person who is in the WW, which would allow you to get a review on your story and them getting a review on their story. It would encourage interaction between members of each section of the forum, which could draw new members to both of them.

Just an idea, though. I've rarely seen people ask for reviews around here, but I haven't been around that long either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Crow View Post
    I've noticed that there's a review exchange in the Writer's Workshop; would it be possible to implement something like that between the WW and the URPG story section? If you wanted reviews for your story in the URPG, you could arrange something with a person who is in the WW, which would allow you to get a review on your story and them getting a review on their story. It would encourage interaction between members of each section of the forum, which could draw new members to both of them.

Just an idea, though. I've rarely seen people ask for reviews around here, but I haven't been around that long either.
    I like that idea but it seems like less of an officially run thing and more just something we could encourage. Which, by the way, YOU SHOULD ALL TOTALLY DO.
    我正在学中文

Post Thanks / Like

If you frequent the WW, a really simple way to help would just be putting something like "Visit the URPG's Story Section" or "Visit URPG" etc in your signature. The more you post, the more people will see it. It helps that the WW is somewhat its own community within BMG, much like URPG, so I think that this could be a great way to get them interested. Something like a colorful banner or graphic would be good too.

Also, if you write a story it doesn't hurt to post it again in the WW. Mention that it's a URPG story somewhere too, I'm sure it'll perk the readers' interests.

Post Thanks / Like

So how's this coming along?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    So how's this coming along?
    Not spectacularly. We don't have many ideas. I like Princess', but we'd need a way of encouraging people to share their work over in the WW forum. Heyyy, and just like that, I might have a plan.
    我正在学中文

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Still no reply from Gama, I might ask if there is an update. Not much to report unfortunately :/
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

Post Thanks / Like

Hm, what do you guys think about including Writer's Workshop stories as potential subjects for wages? i.e. graders can go over there and "grade" one of these stories and include it in their log. Obviously wouldn't need a standout format or a 'Mon capture outcome, but I'd be happy to pay wages for something like that. The story feedback here is fabulous, and I think putting up some of our styled reviews would help their community as well.

We could also do some kind of Grader-like contest with a similar theme to it. Maybe award a Poke or two depending on the turnout; we're kind of short on active Graders at the moment though, so I'm not sure how many people would be interested in that.

I'd love to work together with their writing forum to help increase activity for the both of us. We just can't expect them to be interested in checking us out if we only post stories over there and don't contribute.
    Last edited by EmBreon; 4th September 2012 at 10:00 AM.

urpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EmBreon View Post
    Hm, what do you guys think about including Writer's Workshop stories as potential subjects for wages? i.e. graders can go over there and "grade" one of these stories and include it in their log. Obviously wouldn't need a standout format or a 'Mon capture outcome, but I'd be happy to pay wages for something like that. The story feedback here is fabulous, and I think putting up some of our styled reviews would help their community as well.

We could also do some kind of Grader-like contest with a similar theme to it. Maybe award a Poke or two depending on the turnout; we're kind of short on active Graders at the moment though, so I'm not sure how many people would be interested in that.

I'd love to work together with their writing forum to help increase activity for the both of us. We just can't expect them to be interested in checking us out if we only post stories over there and don't contribute.
    If you put up a Mon award, you won't have to worry about activity lol

The Grading Contest 2012 - Petalburg Woods Forum

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f396/spiffy-grader-thing-%5Bdone-o%5D-91916/

But yea, I'd be down to help.

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY
    [18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.