My First Caught Pokemon, One Valuable- WAIT, A MAGIKARP?!?!

Thread: My First Caught Pokemon, One Valuable- WAIT, A MAGIKARP?!?!

Blog Entries

Default My First Caught Pokemon, One Valuable- WAIT, A MAGIKARP?!?!

It all started as I sat by a creek in Pallet Town. Squirtle was being rather timid as it sat next to me. I pulled out my mom's gift, an Old Rod, and I fished in the water. Meanwhile, Squirtle played in Route 1. As I fished, I saw a golden glow in the water. I pulled my rod up, and I saw it- a Magikarp. But it looked different. Wait- A SHINY magikarp?! I yelled perilously as Squirtle rushed to my aid. He utilized BubbleBeam under my wish, and the Magikarp splashed like a fool. I saw perfectly over it that it had 1 HP left. I threw a PokeBall at the thing, and as the ball shook, I saw the ball darken. That meant I had caught that odd Magikarp. I then ran to Viridian's Pokemon Center. I wondered why every trainer by me was bowing to me.... Probably because of that foolish Magikarp. And I nicknamed it Bowdowner.

Blog Entries

Default Re: My First Caught Pokemon, One Valuable- WAIT, A MAGIKARP?!?!

Erm, what does a C mean? If it is bad, better go to the National Park WITHOUT a shiny magikarp.

Blog Entries

Hey, there!

I know this is your first story and everything, but there are guidelines that need to be followed when posting a story, and I'm afraid that this doesn't actually meet those guidelines. Before posting a story, it's best to look at both How to Write Freaking Stories and All the Pokémon We Don't Hate. These are probably worth your time to look at if you're serious about becoming a writer in the URPG, or at least writing stories in general. It's necessary to meet the criteria that different Pokémon require -- some require less, and some require more, as you'll learn once you've gotten a bit more experience within URPG.

You want to capture a Magikarp, right? Well, Magikarp is ranked an Easiest Pokémon, and in the thread 'All the Pokémon We Don't Hate', it gives you a short summary of what capturing an Easiest-ranked Pokémon entails:

Easiest – New to the URPG stories? This is a good level to aim for if you are unsure of your writing abilities. Very simple storyline, minimum detail and battle, and only about 3,000 – 5,000 characters are needed for a successful capture, but there isn’t a very wide selection of Pokémon to choose from this list.
    When beginning writing stories, Easiest is a good target, and the first grade you'll receive will probably help you know what graders (the people who judge your stories to see if you actually capture the Pokémon or not) expect of you. Basically, for an Easiest capture, it's almost impossible to fail a story, but there are four very valid reasons that a grader can fail you, which are not entirely necessary to go through. At the moment, however, if you submit this story for grading, you're looking at a fail -- the story isn't long enough.

As you can read from the quote above, 3,000 to 5,000 characters are necessary for capturing a Magikarp. You'll notice, also, that the word 'characters' is used, instead of 'words'. There is a notable difference. Characters are the amount of letters, symbols, etc., that you use in your story total. If you don't know how many characters your story has, then this website will calculate how many characters your story has: Cut and Paste Character Count. Right now, your story is coming in at 819 characters -- which isn't between 3,000 and 5,000 characters, unfortunately.

Once you've lengthened your story (you can go above 5,000 characters if you wish), then a grader will come along to look at it and grade it.

This was just a word (or perhaps a lot of words) of advice for URPG stories. I hope you found it helpful. ^^; If you don't understand any of the advice, or if you have any questions at all about stories, feel free to contact me.

Blog Entries

All right. Thank you. I am 10, don't expect me to be doing the best. Can you delete this, if you don't mind???