Thread: Just your typical cave [SWC]

Blog Entries

Default Just your typical cave [SWC]

Just your typical cave

Attempted Capture: Machop, Zubat
    MCR: 10,000
    CC: 11,136

--

The cave was quiet for the most part. Occasionally there would be the squeaks of his many brothers and sisters, accompanied by the flapping of frantic wings as they attempted to fly. This Zubat however had preferred the silence and took leave of his many new-born brothers and sisters. Hanging upside-down from grooves in the domed roof was the most comfortable thing to him, but he couldn't stay here for too long before boredom struck.

Zubat wasn't old, maybe four or five months, but he was the eldest of his brethren, who had been born just days ago. His other brothers and sisters, who were born alongside him, had fled long ago, leaving the safe and secure inky darkness of the cave to travel the vast world beyond. He too wanted to travel but he would never survive out there alone. Even though he preferred the solitude, he was quite a clever little Pokemon, fully aware that the survival rate was low in the big bad world without allies. He could wait for his brothers and sisters to grow up and go with them, but they were far too stupid. He had other plans.

This is the night. Zubat thought. Tonight I find myself an ally; someone who will be there to protect me while I explore the world and gain as much experience as I can. Yes, I just know that tonight will be the night!

Zubat dropped from the ceiling, falling for a split-second before pivoting upwards in a graceful arc, wings beating powerfully. Mouth open, he made noises, listening intently to both the reverberations that bounced off the walls, but also for any other sounds of life. It was just a few moments before he heard a deep voice just a few hundred feet away. A tilt of the wings and a burst of speed later, Zubat found himself with the source of the commotion: a large spherical shape, his sonar informed him.

"Geo," the same voice repeated in an angry tone. Zubat fluttered a little closer before attempting to communicate. A Geodude would be a powerful friend. Surely he too wants to leave this God-foresaken cave as well! Zubat squeaked excitedly at the Geodude who seemed further enraged for reasons the Zubat could not understand. Zubat's agility and fast reflexes were the only things that saved him from being hit with a rock-solid fist as the rock-like creature swung at him. Zubat retreated backwards.

Why would he do such a thing? Never mind, there are plenty more rocks in the cave as my mother used to say. Although, maybe Geodude are too stupid to realise how great my goals are. Yes, of course! Those poor dim creatures probably want to stay in such a ridiculous place when the whole wide world is awaiting them.

Still as determined as ever, Zubat scittered forward in hopes of finding a new companion. It wasn't long before he came across a larger creature. This one he recognised from before. This creature appeared a lot more docile than those horrid Geodude, never causing earthquakes and rock slides while tired Zubat tried to sleep!

"Fairy," the creature chimed. "Clefairy?" it added inquisitively.

It does seem a lot more friendly than that Geodude anyway... Not quite as strong, but an ally's an ally. Now to try and communicate with it.

Zubat began screeching as its wings flapped. Its mouth was wide open with all four of his pointed teeth visible but the Clefairy did not seem to like Zubat's proposal as he screeched and hissed, explaining how he wanted to be free and needed someone to accompany him.

"Clefairy," the creature wailed, before running away, tears streaming from her eyes, leaving the poor Zubat perplexed, wondering where he had gone wrong.

I had been nothing but nice to it. And truthful too! Maybe other creatures are not like me? I was perfectly clear and concise so of course they understood me... Or maybe they didn't? Zubat mused to himself. It would make sense, I guess. I never really tried to communicate with other creatures except for my many brothers and sisters when our parents left. Maybe the other creatures are too primitive to understand me? Although... come to think of it, what does "Geo" or "Fairy" even mean? Maybe they have their own language and we have ours...

Zubat found himself perched on a round-topped stalagmite that rested on the ground below. He sat there thinking for a bit, wondering how on earth he could survive in the big world outside if he couldn't even understand the creatures in here. Maybe there were even more languages out there. The whole thing was pretty mind-blowing for Zubat.

Suddenly, Zubat heard footsteps, followed by a voice.

"Come on, Pikachu," the annoying voice called out as the footsteps echoed along the walls of the cave. Zubat listened carefully, ears pricked for sounds.

"Pika, pi," another voice called out, accompanied by the pitter-patter of tiny feet.

I haven't heard these sounds before... That means that they must be from the outside! But why would they come in here? Unless... yes, of course! They're here to take me with them. That must be it!

--

The wall Machop had been leaning against was cold, but he was tough enough to endure it. In fact, there weren't many things that he couldn't endure. He had spent the majority of his young life under-fed, but not because there was a lack of food for him, or he lacked the skill to obtain said food. No, not that. He kept himself underweight since it taught him to be a survivor; as a result, he became a more agile hunter. The ribs that protruded from his chest were like a badge of honour for Machop, each declaring boldly how he can endure and resist even the most basic of necessities: the need to feed.

However, this cave was nothing but a trap for him. The all-consuming darkness was enough to leave him constantly disoriented and confused. The walls around seemed to exist solely to ensnare him here.

I need to get out of this damn place. Machop found himself thinking. Nothing in here can match up to me. I have defeated any enemy that has come my way with ease and only the peskiest of creatures have eluded me. Even then, those that have gotten away owe it purely to my poor vision here. The darkness that they thrive in destroys me. It has been far too long since I've been out of this endless black environment. I barely remember what the outside world looks like even. What I do remember, however, is the tough opponents. Yes, the countless Pokemon much bigger and stronger than me; those that had a chance of beating me. Not the puny creatures of this cave... I need to get out.

It was then Machop heard the noises. A loud voice was speaking. A voice unlike anything he had heard in a very long time.

Human! Machop realised. They roamed the outside world but did not belong in here. This human will know the way back out and he will tell me. Or else.

"Pika, pika pika!" another voice replied.

Machop rose a little, eyes locked in the direction of where the voices came from. Although he could not see them yet, they would be as restricted by the darkness as he was. One leg was poised higher than the other, pressing into the ground so that the Machop would have a running start on the pair. Just as the duo came into view and Machop's eyes narrowed, a blurry shape shot down from above. It was a blur of blue and purple and began screeching loudly. The trainer ducked clumsily away from the bat, but Machop held his ground.

Just a Zubat. That thing better not confuse this boy. If he can't find his way out, I'll be stuck here until the next human finds us... That could even be years!

The Zubat darted around the boy's head as he stumbled forward, avoiding the creature. The little yellow Pokemon accompanying him fired electrical sparks into the air, but the crazed bat was easily avoiding them. It didn't seem to be attacking the trainer, or hiding away from conflict like most Zubat do. The boy fell down onto his knees, protecting his face from the Zubat.

That's it. You're dead, Zubat.

Machop's foot kicked off the wall behind, propelling him forward with a burst of speed. He didn't have time to think, and before he knew it, his foot landed on the boy's knee, but only momentarily, as Machop spring-boarded off of it and up into the air. Fist extended, Machop swung at the Zubat.

--

Stop cowering... I need you to listen to me! Ugh, if only he could understand me. Him and his dumb rat too... I have to join them or I'll be trapped here forever... What's that in the corner? It hardly appears to be moving, probably not worth my time... Zubat's mind was trying its best to work out how to effectively communicate with the non-cave-dwellers, which was no easy feat considering how the blasts of electricity had nearly hit him once or twice.

Zubat avoided one large bolt as the boy fell over. The yellow mouse abandoned the assault and ran to his master's aid. "Pika," he cried repeatedly, looking at his much larger companion.

The yellow one seems distressed by his master's predicament. Perhaps this is why they have bonded... Yes, of course! The yellow one cares about his master and is trying to protect him. Maybe if I can prove myself they wi- Zubat's thought process was cut short when the figure by the wall began to move.

Quick as a bullet, Machop burst forward, before striking the trainer on the knee, and leaping upwards towards Zubat. The bat Pokemon swerved out of the way of the oncoming fist just in time, but the Machop recovered quickly, landing delicately on the soft earth. Before having time to ready himself, Zubat plunged downwards, smashing into Machop's chest with his outstretched wings. He knocked the human-like Pokemon onto the ground, recoiled a little from the strength of the blow and listened intently for the next sign's of Machop's attack as he tittered backwards.

Grr. I must beat him to prove myself for this trainer!

Machop was on his feet before Zubat had fully recuperated and Zubat moved backwards anxiously as Machop advanced.

Oh boy... here he comes...

Machop raised his fists threateningly as Zubat backed up into the wall. Machop smirked and made to lunge forward before a screeching sound filled his ears, causing him to protect them instinctively with his bony fingers. Zubat's wide-open mouth sent out the high-pitched frequencies, directing them straight at Machop, but soon found his throat going raw.

Now's the time to strike!

Before Machop even realised that the sounds had stopped, Zubat dropped down onto him from the roof, fangs sinking into Machop's dis-proportionally large head. Ears ringing, blood seeping down his face, Machop proved he was a true fighter and walloped the Zubat in the stomach, knocking the bat right into the cave wall. Upon hitting the wall, Zubat dropped down onto the ground face-first, where he lay, unmoving.

Machop staggered forward as the blood poured down his face from the several puncture marks. However, he had only made it a few steps before collapsing. Through the darkness he could see the trainer and his Pikachu walking away from them. Machop's knees buckled and he too fell to the ground. The human voice said one final thing before Machop could endure the pain anymore and blacked out.

"Knew we should have bought some repels."

--

Apple juice tastes good CrazyLilChicken's Avatar

Default Re: Just your typical cave [SWC]

Claiming.
    Many thanks to Blue Dragon for this amazing signature.

My URPG Stats | My DRPG Stats | My Wish List

Apple juice tastes good CrazyLilChicken's Avatar

Default Re: Just your typical cave [SWC]

Graded, deleted, and PMed to author.
    Many thanks to Blue Dragon for this amazing signature.

My URPG Stats | My DRPG Stats | My Wish List