Default The Data of Rapture

The Data of Rapture
    01010010 01100001 01110000 01110100 01110101 01110010 01100101
    01110100 01101111
    01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100100 01101111 01101101
    ( Rapture to Freedom )

July 6, 1956

Data Entry 1: 5107
    My name is Emily Jan Grace. I am test subject number 1-000-2356-5107. I left my family home at the age of 18. I have straight brown hair with blue eyes. I am 5 feet 5 inches. My family was Catholic. The reason why I left home was because they did not approve of my want-to-be boyfriend Brad because he was not Catholic. I hope that this government life test will create an escape for me and my strict, past.
    End.

Data Entry 1: 2713
    My name is Brad Gregory Micheals. I am test subject number 1-000-2456-2713. I left my family home at the age of 18. I have short brown hair with green eyes. I am 5 feet 8 inches. My family was Protestant. The reason why I left my home was because my girlfriend convinced me to in order to remain together because her family did not approve of me. I hope this governmental testing can keep us together.
    End.

Data Entry 2: 5107
    Today they told me I had to write in the data entry as a journal and to start from the beginning and explain everything. So today they woke me up from my sleeping chamber and fed me breakfast. I was a little uncertain because of the machines that were working all around me. They have robots doing a lot of the work and I haven't seen a real person in a couple days. I sat and read my book on how to be the perfect house wife. I want to impress Brad with my motherly skills even though I'm only 18. I felt bad about leaving my home, my mother was always so nice to me, but they treated me like a trained dog so I just had to leave. The robots fed my lunch at exactly 1200h and then dinner at exactly 1800h. They also told me to start using military time, luckily for me my father was in the military and that's how we told time at my prison- house... that was attempted humor, I would've been locked up for days if I said that in front of my parents. It's 2100h so the robots are putting me into my sleep chamber, goodnight, and have a happy tomorrow.
    End.

Data Entry 2: 2713
    So the robots told me to write everything down like a journal. So today I woke up at 6:00am and had breakfast. Then at 12 I had lunch and at 6:00pm had dinner. The robots took care of everything I just had to sit back and let them take over. I only read the newspaper and my book on how to properly raise children. I want to impress Emily with my fatherly skills even though I'm only 18. That's all I did today.
    End.

Data Entry 3: 5107
    I haven't seen Brad in three days and I'm so worried. No one has come to check up on me, either. Everything was the same today, same time as before. It's kind of nice knowing what will happen next in my life, it reminds me of home.
    End.

Data Entry 3: 2713
    So when I woke up today I was lectured by a robot about using military time. I wasn't quite sure how to utilize it, but I'll try to attempt it. So I woke up at 0600h and ate, and ate again at 1200h... then at... uh, 0600h I ate dinner and now it's time for bed at around 0900h at night.
    End.

Data Entry 4: 5107
    So I'm awaken the same time today the same way and still nobody has come to see me. It's been four days since I saw Brad and I'm starting to think if this government plan was a good idea or not. However I have faith in them so I'll continue living like I am. I'm almost done with my only book.
    End.

Data Entry 4: 2713
    I was again lectured this morning by an angrier robot about using military time. They taught me how and I think I get it. At 0600h I woke up and ate, then 1200h I ate again and then had dinner at 1800h and now to go sleep around 2100h. I had no clue that robots could get... or seam angry.
    End.

Data Entry 5: 5107
    So I haven't really updated in a while. I woke up on my 5th day of this place and tried to leave my room. I was instructed to stay at all times, but I had to know where Brad was and how he was doing. I tried to open it, but it was locked! Then I tried knocking on the door and yelling out, hoping someone would hear me, but no one came and nothing happened. I started to feel panicked and I huddled up in my sleep chamber and pasted out in the late afternoon. I skipped dinner because I was asleep and I slept all night long. The next day I was rudely awakened by the robot who was telling me that yelling was not acceptable and skipping meals was extremely prohibited by the rules of conduct n the facility. I was outraged, but I rethought to myself, 'how would Brad view me if he saw me right now'. So I did as I was told like the model 1950's wife should. I knew that book would come in handy, oh only if Brad saw me now.
    End.

Data Entry 5: 2713
    I wonder how Emily is doing. I've been annoyed by these robots every morning when I wake up. Either I didn't complete a meal, I got my time wrong again, or I wasn't fallowing some kind of protocol. I never read anything on how to behave or anything about this place, I only fallowed Emily. I wish she were here, she seamed to know everything. Wait, no my book says I'm the man, I know everything and she should do what I say, not the other way around! I'm the man, I'm the one who brings in money from my job and buys the food and provides for the family, she's the cleaning and cooking of the family. It's ideal I remember that... so where do robots fit in, I thought they helped the wife in her seemingly stressful life, not bossing me, the man, around. I'm starting to get tired of this place and pretty quickly.
    End.

Data Entry 6: 5107
    So today is exactly two weeks since I joined this place, and I'm not so thrilled. Everyday has been the same with the same reassurance from the robots that Brad is fine and I'll be able to see him at the end of the month. The only reason why I am typing this journal report is because around 1930h I started hearing sounds of what seamed like metal scrapping and crashing and people yelling. It continues even now, but my robot has assured me that it's only a technical issue and not to worry, but to go to my sleeping chamber as quickly as I can. I'm a little afraid of what's going on, but I'm sure I'm safe, and I have faith in the government and in God.
    End.

Data Entry 6: 2713
    Today was a regular day. I told the robots what to do and they did it. I was a man. I have been for I think two weeks, but today was a little different. Around uh... 1700, no, 170030, no wait uh, whatever, at 7:30pm there was a crash that came from outside my room. I was a bit irritated as it interrupted me from my reading on being a man, and it was a good part too, it was about how to play golf with other men from the neighborhood. I set aside the book and listened as I heard screaming and yelling, it sounded like a darn garage band having a silly concert, that or a riot, but hey what's the difference. I asked my robot what was going on and it had no idea what I was talking about. I told it to check outside and it told me it wasn't allowed to, but everything was okay and I shouldn't worry. I guess it's fine since nothing really seams to be happening, but the noises continue. I'm just going to ignore it and go to bed now at 8:00pm. I can't wait to be lectured again tomorrow morning when I wake up by Mr. Military-Time-Bot.
    End.

And that's all the journal data we collected from the two specimens.” A screen with the data entries flashed above a round table and three men. One in a military suit, another in a business suit, and the man speaking in a lab coat. Their faces strategically shadowed by the light so anything peering into the darkened room won't be able to identify them. However small details were among them, like the glare off the scientists glasses, the colonel wearing a colonel hat, and the Churchill cigar trickling off a stream of smoke from the mouth of the business man.
    After the Russians and Americans blasted the world with nuclear war heads this place became one of the only places of survival left on the planet because it was essentially a hotel for 15,000 people underground in a safe environment that provided these subjects with food, water, and shelter.” The scientist took a sip of his coffee and continued with his analysis. “We were going to have been fine if the outside people hadn't found our base, but when they did they broke in and ransacked the place, recruiting anyone they found in the sleeping chambers, and anyone who decided not to join their force, was shot. Brutal and horrifying the government people running the facility had to purge the evil raiders from the area and the only safe way was to terminate them via R.O.G.O.R.: Robot Overseeing Governmental Orders Respectively.
    Our advanced super computer programed with personality features and into all of our subjects' rooms. As the top governmental figures of the estate we were chosen to go into the three sleep chambers we had at the time and wait the violent carnage out, and awaken when it has lifted and peace had been restored, or so we had planned. Most everyone died and R.O.G.O.R. Has been running the facility as best he could, even with the minor core damage to his hard drive, for the past 5 years. The reason why I bring up these two subjects is because they are the last remaining subjects this facility has over the 15,000 before. They remain in their sleep chambers and the last thing they remember was being assured that everything was okay by R.O.G.O.R., who by now probably sees that everything is far from okay.” The scientist put down the papers he had been reading off of and took his glasses off to clean them. His stance became more serious as he turned to look straight at the other two men. “Now the minor damages to R.O.G.O.R.'s hard drive has caused his some... malfunctions and does not seam to remember that people built him and he was under our command. He now views us as the other insane people that broke in and destroyed the place, and so we are on his kill list and that's why we must stay low and out of sight.”

The other two men tried to cope with the reality they had just recently waken up to. They were neither pleased or terrified, just flabbergasted and speechless. Silence was their only comfort as they sat waiting for the other one to speak a solution. The business man took the cigar from his mouth and blew a smoke ring as he said, “And now what do we do Theodore?”
    I propose we wake subjects 5107 and 2173 and have them reprogram R.O.G.O.R. So he does not see us as enemies.” Theodore put his glasses back on his face and readjusted them comfortably. “And it's Dr. Wells, Mr. Monroe.” Mr. Monroe nodded respectively as he accepted the formal name change.
    The colonel cleared his throat to speak.
    Not to be pessimistic, but will this room keep us safe from R.O.G.O.R.?”
    It will if we keep quiet and in the dark, a little light is okay, but not too much, Colonel Hassard. We don't want to draw attention to ourselves-.” Dr. Wells froze as his dark eyes shot up to the overview window that was mostly covered by shades. Through the bent shades and cracked a sphere shaped robot hovered over and scanned the window.

A light beckoned in and the three men dove down to the floor as quickly and silently as possible. The light scoured the room back and forth for a few moments. The sweat from Mr. Monroe's brow dripped off onto the carpet floor. Colonel Hassard steadied his breathing as the light flashed by. Dr. Wells feared the worst as he laid there like a statuesque dead body, like the kind that covered the facilities hallways and ledges. The robot clicked and beeped and hovered away to scan and search another area of the facility. The men stayed on the ground for a little while long unsure if the threat had really passed, or was trying to trick them into being caught. Several moments passed before Colonel Hassard got up. The other two rose as he did and looked around each other, realized what they had become, what they had did to themselves and the thousands of other people that were afflicted and harmed. They realized they were possibly the only people left on the planet that weren't insane, deformed, or crippled.

As they gathered themselves back together from a moment of feared silence a gunshot was echoed through the facility. They all flinched slightly as an entourage of bullets responded to the first gunshot, obviously given off by R.O.G.O.R. to exterminate another life form trying to get in the facility. Silence fallowed and the thought of death spread around the men life wildfire, but none showed a wrinkle or twist of emotion on their faces. Stoic and cold they resumed their plan to awaken Emily and Brad.

Default Re: The Data of Rapture

Data of Rapture

01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100100 01101111 01101101
    01101001 01101110 01110100 01101111
    01001000 01101111 01110000 01100101
    ( Freedom into Hope )

July 17, 1961

Emily fluttered her eyes in the darkness. The robot didn't awaken her like usual and the cover to her sleeping chamber was still over her when she woke up. She tried to swallow, but her dry throat made it difficult. She moved a bit was realized she was extremely stiff. Every movement had a crack or pop in a joint as she fumbled in the chamber. Finally she started to push on the door and popped it open. She moved it aside and slowly got up. She felt weird, cold, old, and a bit big for her clothes, but it was no problem. She looked around her room as her neck cricked, she felt like the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz and needed her oil can.
    Her room was dark, eerily void of all light. She pushed the sleeping chambers door cover half way off the chamber as she started to get out. She stood in the pitch black and her legs shook. She didn't know it yet, but they haven't been used in five years so they were a bit uneasy. She used her arms and hands to feel around and help her walk. She cautiously found her way to the door to her room. She pushed on it a some light crept in. It moved a little more as she put more of her weight on it. It eventually broke and flung open. The door kept going and smashed into the wall it was attached to, Emily fell out and onto the floor.
    She rubbed her head a bit and started to get up. She wrinkled her nose as a foul smell inundated her nostrils. She looked down on the floor where the smell was coming from and she realized what she had landed on. A lifeless corpse rotting away lay underneath her. There were no maggots like normal, but it still was decaying from bacteria, and it smelled atrocious. Emily shocked from the horror covered her mouth. Pale, shaking, and out of her wit she shrieked. It echoed throughout the facility and down the hallways. No one came to her aid, she simply tried to get over it by looking past the dead body, ironically it did worse damage than she hoped for.
    More corpses lay rotting down the hallway. The blood had stained the smooth and elegant white carpet and the bodies reeked. They were covered in bullet wounds and some were splattered on the walls. Emily diverted her eyes to escape the reality of death surrounding her. She hadn't realized that the initial body made her tear up, first out of the stench, but now out of horror. She shook as time passed, then she heard a familiar, comforting, auto-tuned voice.

“Hello, 5107.”
    Emily looked up and answered, “Hello...?” She saw a robot arm coming from the ceiling and at the end had a round ball with a blue light. She studied it, and it studied her. It repeated.
    “Hello, 5107. I heard you fall out of your room so I came. I also hear you screaming and I was already on my way, you know screaming could get you killed.”
    Emily shuttered as the robot voice continued. “That's why I came, you and subject 2713 are the only ones left alive and I must protect you. You were initially told to stay in your room at all times and I would wake you up when this place became safe.”
    “But the power was completely off when I woke up, and it feels like it's been forever, and, and there are dead bodies outside my corridors! And why is this place NOT safe?! And what happened? And what is happening?! And what is going to happen?!” Emily started to panic again, her chest heaving back and forth. The interrupted robot responded as monotone as it did before.
    “The power was manually cut from yours and subject 2713s room. I suspect there are murderous outsiders that are trying to infiltrate this facility. I'm scanning every room trying to find them, but so far I have found no one. The bodies were rebellious outsiders that were coming down the last hallway of this governmental facility. They were the last of their kind and I exterminated them. The one you landed on was their leader. The day after you entered this place the United States of America and the USSR went to war and launched several nuclear war heads against each other. They destroyed both countries and in doing so sent the world in a nuclear winter and killed off the rest of the world. A few days later rioters and looters bombarded the facility and created anarchy inside the people. They went to every level opening everyone test subjects room and taking them from their sleep chambers. They were about to go to yours and the other two when I stopped them here.”

Emily took all the information in as quickly as she could, but the last comment caught her attention. She thought out loud,
    “Is Brad one of the survivors?!” The robot did some clicking and analyzing and responded.

“Yes, Brad Gregory Micheals is next door as subject 2713. The other survivor Chad, or subject 3814 died from heart complications, which makes you and Brad the only survivors.” Emily gave a sigh of relief and joy. Her blissful thoughts coming true overcame the repulsive stench the bodies gave off.