[WWC] A Little Rain (Rated M for safety, I guess. ALSO NEEDS A GRADE.)

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Alaskapigeon
  • 1 Post By Princess Crow

Thread: [WWC] A Little Rain (Rated M for safety, I guess. ALSO NEEDS A GRADE.)

Default [WWC] A Little Rain (Rated M for safety, I guess. ALSO NEEDS A GRADE.)

A/N: This is really drabbly and in second person. Please forgive me. XD THIS IS WHAT I DO WITH MY FREE TIIIIME. By the way, this song I used is from Les Miserables. I only wish I could write something like that ;o

Characters: 9244
    Pokemon: Pichu

-

I don't feel any pain
    A little fall of rain
    Can hardly hurt me now

I've got their capsule, the little red one, and I'm holding it between my teeth. I'm not scared. I didn't think I would really have to do this, but it's not so bad. It's not so bad at all.

It's pouring down rain and I'm really cold. I'm hurting. So I'm just going to bite down now... It's a little bitter. My mouth tastes like metal. I can hear them inside the building, because I can't hold my head up anymore and I'm leaning against the wall. There's movement in there. They're looking for me, with their Alakazam and Gardevoir. They will find me, I'm not naive or anything, but KATI did one thing right. When they find me it'll be too late.

Why am I talking to you now? I just want you to know that I am holding you in my mind. I can see you laughing, smiling, pushing your cornsilk yellow hair behind your ear. You're so beautiful.

I have a headache now, but not a normal one. It feels like burning. In basic training they told us that the poison will attack the cerebrum first. It will take away our memories, what makes us us, so that their Psychic Pokemon won't get to them. This is the end for me, but that's okay. I can still feel the rain on my skin, from far away, washing off the blood and dirt. It's stinging my cuts and bruises, it's coming down so hard. Don't worry. It can't hurt me now. I'll think of you until the end.

Gah. It's starting. I'm remembering, but in the remembering is destruction. I remember everything. I remember...

You're here, that's all I need to know
    And you will keep me safe
    And you will keep me close
    And rain will make the flowers grow.

Basic training was the first part of my life that mattered. Before I joined KATI, I was just drifting. The world felt like it was made of paper, like if I pushed hard enough, I could rip right through it. It wasn't real. It wasn't the world I belonged to. Everyone was made of cardboard. They were flat and two-dimensional. Even my parents and siblings and friends were that way. I couldn't connect to them. I couldn't understand them.

Then I met you. You with your long, golden hair (that was before they made you cut it), with pale skin and soft brown eyes. They gave me a Pichu as my partner and you laughed when you saw the black and yellow scrap of fur cupped in my hands. Then you showed me your Zorua and I thought it was so sweet, all black and red. I told you how cute it was. Just like you, I said. So you made it turn into a giant spider and chase me around headquarters. When our supervisors came back, I took the blame.

You knew you had me. I could tell. You looked at me and smirked, you were so sure I would do anything for you. I didn't even know your name, but you were right.

They trained us to be killers. I was good. You were better. We flashed around each other, armed with swords of all things, and then you knocked me over and held yours to my throat.

Elle, you told me. Then you took the sword back and walked away, swaying back and forth with the swagger of someone who had been in charge for a long, long time.

Luke. My name is Luke. But you were already too far to hear. I decided I'd tell you later.

Just hold me now, and let it be.
    Shelter me, comfort me

At the end of training, when they named us agents, they gave us that red pill. They tucked it into a pouch where no one could find it. We'd keep it with us, always and forever. Even if we retired. We were parts of KATI. We would protect Kanto. We would sacrifice for Kanto.

My Pokemon evolved first, so that time I had one up on you. My little Pichu glowed with light and grew and grew. I made the mistake of gloating to you. That time, you had Zorua turn into a chainsaw wielding maniac.

When our supervisors showed up, I knew things between us had changed, because you admitted it was your fault.

They told us about Team Rocket. They told us the story of the motherless Pokemon, the parents whose children were kidnapped, leaving behind empty rooms and remnants of lost childhoods. They showed us the bodies. I thought you would cry, but you didn't. You just clenched your fists and your eyes looked like they were on fire. I held your hand and you didn't pull it back.

When they sent me to Celadon to raid the Game Corner, they made you stayed behind.

Luke, you whispered and I couldn't believe that you knew my name.

It's okay, Elle. I'll be fine. I sounded so tough then, in my black combat suit. I really felt like a KATI agent, like the kind you see in movies. You were wearing a skirt and a polka dot blouse and I could almost imagine-

Then you grabbed my face and kissed me. In a paper world of cardboard people you were real and solid and beautiful. You picked me.

The rain can't hurt me now
    This rain will wash away what's past
    I'll sleep in your embrace at last.

That first mission was a success. I came home after only a week and I held you. I felt your heart beating and with every beat I thanked Arceus that I could be here, just this once.

We were such young agents, you know? They threw us at a few field missions, but not a lot happened for those first few years. I was bored, but relieved. You were restless. You were sent to Johto on a good will mission and I didn't see you for two months. So when you came back, I asked you to marry me. I don't know why you said yes, I really don't.

When they separated us again, I didn't think it would be for long. I watched you get on a plane with your Zoroark standing beside you like some ancient god. I thought he could protect you. I thought I could protect you.

They sent the body back and my first thought was that you didn't look so bad. Just a little blood coming from your mouth. You might've bit your tongue in your sleep. Grief isn't what they tell you, Elle. I thought I was fine. For a week. Two weeks. They had me doing office work, so everyday I came to headquarters, Pikachu by my side, and filled out paper after paper. I didn't talk to anyone. I didn't feel anything. At night I would go home and lay in the dark, because why do anything? What was worth doing without you?

You left me alone in a world that is fake. A world so dull and colorless without you, that it can't be real. When the grief came, it came hard. The people in the apartment next door didn't understand. I was screaming and punching holes in the walls. When the police came knocking about a domestic disturbance, I laughed so hard they thought I was crazy. Well, maybe I was crazy.

I didn't look like myself anymore. My hair grew out until I had to be told to cut it or be fired. So I clumsily trimmed it in our bathroom. I let the locks of thick black hair lay on the tile floor. I didn't care. I didn't care that my eyes turned dull and gray. I didn't care that I lost so much weight that my supervisor sent me to the doctor to check for parasites. Without you, Elle, this world means nothing.

The rain that brings you here
    Is Heaven-blessed
    The skies begin to clear
    And I'm at rest
    A breath away from where you are
    I've come home from so far

I faked going back to normal about six months ago. That's how I got here. It wasn't supposed to be a hard mission. I didn't plan for it to be. I didn't come here, really believing I would die. I thought if I pretended, I might feel happy again. Or maybe this was a test. It was sick, but I'd heard of KATI doing such things. Kanto's Anti Terrorism Institute doesn't fuck around, after all. But no.

Some stupid Rocket Grunt found me out. I don't know how. I guess it doesn't matter now. They killed Pikachu. He was so small, it only took one bullet. I watched him twitch on the floor as he bled out. He took a couple Rockets with him though. I'm glad he was my partner. They shot me in the lung. So I took my pill like a good agent. Their Psychic types will never know my thoughts. They will never know about you, my beautiful wife. KATI will erase us from their files. We won't exist.

I can feel my mind going. I'm so glad that you're here with me, in my thoughts. In my heart. They're coming closer, but it's not so bad. The rain doesn't even sting anymore. It feels nice.

I don't feel any pain
    A little fall of rain
    Can hardly hurt me now

That's all I need to know

I can't think anymore. Can only hear from far away, footsteps approaching, people talking. Strange monsters I don't know what they are. Don't remember. Don't know. They're calling me names, names I don't know. The words blend together.

Yellow and pointy, eyes that frighten me, it pierces my thoughts. It inserts itself in my head and it hurts, but not so bad, not so bad at all. There's nothing to find there. Nothing to find. Just a picture of a pretty girl in a polka dot blouse, laughing. I don't know what it means. I know I should know, but I don't. I don't mind.

Water is coming from the sky onto my face. These men in black suits are yelling, screaming. Pointing at me with arms made of metal and I think I'm crying. I grin. I don't cry. I'm a secret agent! Then I'm hurting everywhere and bleeding, bleeding, red everywhere.

Now there is nothing. Nothing but

Elle.

And rain will make the flowers grow.
    Last edited by Alaskapigeon; 17th January 2013 at 02:31 AM.
    BlueTowel and Synthesis like this.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Blog Entries

Default Re: [WWC] A Little Rain (Rated M for safety, I guess. ALSO NEEDS A GRADE.)

YO 'LASKY

I GOTCHU. CLAIM'D

Blog Entries

Default Re: [WWC] A Little Rain (Rated M for safety, I guess. ALSO NEEDS A GRADE.)

Oh yeah. Posted, deleted, and PM'd for WWC.